shape
carat
color
clarity

Knox Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Knox Jewelers has been referred often (even in a thread I began a week or so ago). What was the overall experience working with Brian and gang like? We don''t live anywhere near Minneapolis, so I''m imagining that it would be pretty difficult to run in and see things on a whim. There are a few settings I LOVE and I''d love to try them on to see what we think. I''m not sure that''s possible though, unless we buy a setting sight unseen (well, in person at least). Any suggestions?

My boyfriend would actually consider going to Minneapolis just to visit Knox. It''d be a pretty pricey trip though, for a short visit to a jeweler.
26.gif

These are the settings we love. I tried to post pictures but couldn''t, so here are the links:

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=202&rn=332&action=show_detail (Bonita -- this is my boyfriend''s favorite, "by far," in his words)
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=202&rn=463&action=show_detail (Desire -- the shank looks a little too wide but I love the look overall)
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=201&rn=334&action=show_detail (Princess Elegance -- only w/ 3 RB stones if it can be done)

I do realize that my searching has led me all over the map, so to speak. The more I look the more I find settings I love. I think I''m starting to drive myself crazy. It''s fun though.
3.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I have heard good things from them as well, and I live in Mpls so I made a trip this fall. Although they were very nice, I was disappointed with how small the shop was and how little inventory they had. If you were going to make the trip, I would make sure they had several things that you wanted to see. Otherwise, I would inquire about them sending you the settings so you could preview them.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Zoe, I've been working with Brian Knox for over a month (purely over the internet, I've never been to Minnesota) on a setting, which I am expecting to receive tomorrow! With the caveat that I have yet to actually see the ring, I thought it was great working with Brian. He kept in frequent contact, was honest, helpful and always very professional. I have no doubts the final product is amazing.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 10:02:04 PM
Author: gail013
I have heard good things from them as well, and I live in Mpls so I made a trip this fall. Although they were very nice, I was disappointed with how small the shop was and how little inventory they had. If you were going to make the trip, I would make sure they had several things that you wanted to see. Otherwise, I would inquire about them sending you the settings so you could preview them.
Hi Gail,

That''s possible? I didn''t know you could do that. How does it work? Thanks for the suggestions.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Zoe-

Well I would sure ask! I made many calls in my search for the perfect setting and I did find that several people were willing to send out settings on an approval basis-of course you would be charged, and then the charge reversed when you sent it back. It is a good option if you can''t get there to see it, as there is no substitute for trying it on your hand.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My experiences with knox jewelers were wonderful!! I had brian create a custom setting (pictures aren''t great, but this ring is gorgeous in person!): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-antique-garnet-ring-is-done-pics-inside.48251/

Not only was the craftsmanship excellent on my ring, but Brian was a *dream* to work with! He answers emails almost instantaneously during business hours and is very detail oriented. I also got the feeling that he genuinely cares about making his customers happy. I was so happy with the service and my ring that knox jewelers is in the process of creating a wedding band for my fiance. It''s based on the hollywood band on their website and I will show pictures in a week or so when I get it. His son Ryan Knox was also a wiz at getting the details right on the CAD designs, definitely a competant team!!

I''ve never seen his store, but I''m not sure you really need to go visit it in order to order a setting. You might want to make sure of this, but I think if you order a stock setting you have a reasonable return period (custom orders are not returnable though). I occassionally travel to MN and meant to see it this past fall...but unfortunately I never got around to visiting the store. Next time I''m in the area I''m going to visit, take some pictures, and write a short review here...but this probably won''t be for several months.

The only negative I can think of is that it took slightly longer than other vendors to create the custom setting. However, I always emphasized quality over a rushed job, so this wasn''t really an issue for me...just trying to give a fair review of my experience compared to other vendors.

Overall, I wouldn''t think twice about ordering from them again or recommending them!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
I echo the comments from the previous poster about Brian's responsiveness and attention to detail. He also took a little longer for me than I had thought/wanted, but not that much, and ultimately he got it to me before I needed it (by a day!
2.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results