shape
carat
color
clarity

Kite set a princess?!....sure why not :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess cut in Tulip head, cathedral shank, slight knife edge. I had other issues with my previous setting, then left the diamond unset for about six weeks. Its in a new home now Kite set

1.222ct ring size 4 in white gold.

Michael E Set this puppy for me, always a pleasure to work with him. Enjoy! Thanks for Visiting :wavey:
tulip3.jpg
tulipsetting.jpg
tulip52.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh, very lovely! I love the tulip head! :appl:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
That's pretty cool and looks really nice on you!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, love your kite in tulip setting! You don't see many around here! Pretty!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tuckins, BBO, & Mege!!! been in love with the tulip head for a while, just didn't know how/what I would do with one if I ever got a chance, and well here it is 8)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really Pretty! I always love to see a princess kite set! :appl: :appl: :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby said:
Really Pretty! I always love to see a princess kite set! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you April! it gives plain Ol' solitaire a little kick ehh? I was a little nervous about the points, but Michael assured me, he'd get it rounded off, so it wouldn't be dangerous to me or anyone around...lol and sure enough, its non pointy at all, as the tulip prongs seem to just envelope the corners.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Looks good D&T......I'm surprised to see you with white gold.....Are you liking the white gold more now? I've been thinking about switching to white but I'm still not sure.....I Love your setting. Who is Michael E? Does he have a website?

Heather

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love kite set princess stone :) This is one of my favorite looks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HeatherL|1291325791|2785458 said:
Looks good D&T......I'm surprised to see you with white gold.....Are you liking the white gold more now? I've been thinking about switching to white but I'm still not sure.....I Love your setting. Who is Michael E? Does he have a website?

Heather

Hiya Heather! How have you been? :wavey:

Yep, I'm still a yellow gold lover.... But as times have passed, I've started to acquire more white gold pieces, I wanted something a little different that stood out, with Princess cuts for some reason, screams a bit modern, and white gold couple with the princess cut shape seems to work well. After almost 7 years of marriage, I figured there will be other yellow gold jewelry coming my way :naughty: I guess you can say I'm two tone when I wear jewelry. I'll be working on yellow gold ring for the RHR but thats for another anniversary ;)) and I'll go pretty warm in color when the time comes for diamonds to match the yellow gold.
Michael E has his own company and his website is gemshoppe.com He's also a talented lapidarists (gem cutter) as well. I haven't done any custom work with him aside from him cutting a few gems for me, all I've done is basically pick premade cast out from a couple of casting house such as Adwar.com or Stuller and he puts them together for me.

Sure Heather...Why not try white gold, unless you are allergic? or you thought that the color doesn't suit you? I battled with this and kept telling myself that white gold just doesn't work with me, but it I *think* wg looks ok on my finger :wacko: just not so much when it comes to chains/necklace for some reason, so that'll stay yellow gold.

ETA: Thank you Manderz you don't see kite set too often, probably the point, or so, and it not being a traditional look, but then again, I'm not too traditional when it comes to most things

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely D&T! Looks beautiful on your hand too. :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi said:
It's lovely D&T! Looks beautiful on your hand too. :))

Hi Coati! Nice to see you! thank you sweetie for your kind comment :)) everytime Isee your avatar... I"m drooling!!!!! SOOO Gorgeous! :love:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I love that setting, it looks beautiful :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover said:

DRL- Thank you!-- I almost didn't recognize you... Did y ou get a new ring? what's that beauty in your avatar? I've been out of the PS loop a bit ::) So I've missed a ton of whats happening here! Where's your Princess Ring?

pixies

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty ring! I adore the tulip head, it adds a little something special/unexpected. To me princess diamonds look bigger when kite set (never hurts :naughty: ). I love the metamorphosis that you've been through with your jewelry. I'm a fan of mixed metals too. Any pics with your band or are you wearing it solo?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixies said:
What a pretty ring! I adore the tulip head, it adds a little something special/unexpected. To me princess diamonds look bigger when kite set (never hurts :naughty: ). I love the metamorphosis that you've been through with your jewelry. I'm a fan of mixed metals too. Any pics with your band or are you wearing it solo?

Hey Pixies! Thank you!! ahhh. probably too much metamorphosis for me...lol but I'm pretty sure its stopping now (I know I've said it probably 10 times so far...lol), unless the band that's coming my way doesn't mesh :errrr: the ring is pretty chunky (I love chunky rings) and could be worn solo, but still I feel like a wedding band is missing.... So in a couple of weeks, stay tuned :naughty:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1291327886|2785504 said:
diamondrnglover said:

DRL- Thank you!-- I almost didn't recognize you... Did y ou get a new ring? what's that beauty in your avatar? I've been out of the PS loop a bit ::) So I've missed a ton of whats happening here! Where's your Princess Ring?

Nope its my Mom's, wish it was mine lol, I still got my princess, thanks :wink2:

A

Anonymous

Gorgeous! I am usually not a princess fan but I LOVE your ring! :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Bless you D&T for changing your settings as often as I do! LOL!

I don't normally like Kite set princess cuts but I love your's! That tulip head is devine and I love the wider setting. I can't wait to see what band you've chosen! What happened with your WF bezel setting?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy Thank you sweetie!

Haha!! Feb! I don't mind keeping you company :bigsmile: and thank you!!! what are you up to with yours? have I missed anything?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful D&T!! Is this your newest reset or just a spare ering? If it is your newest reset what type of wedding band are you going to go for?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's fabulous D&T! Looks great on your hand..love that it's kite set!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Love the tulip head and kite set combo, and it looks great on your hand ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The head is so pretty and the kite setting is nifty - and good golly that thing is gigantic on you D&T!! :-o :love: :sun:

Would love to see it paired with a super-thin plain 1-1.5mm wide band (if you could find one that matched in thickness) :naughty:

So, do you adore it? Do you think you're done?

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info D&T....I also love a chunky ring, if you don't mind me asking what mm size is the shank? And I too would definitely love to see what you decide to pair it with, so please post pics when you get it.....I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Heather

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the kite set. It makes the stone look bigger, I think, and gives more coverage. It's stunning, I love how beautiful and fluid the tulip head is!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah Thank you!!! This is actually my anniversary ring/solitaire/set still have my original princess cut engagement ring from 7 years ago.

and since you asked about my newest band.... here she is, but I won't have it for a couple of weeks I like twisted shank type rings, and somehow need to tie it all together sooo, hopefully this works out- kinda nervous, but from what I projected I can add up to 5 more mm until it takes up my whole bottom finger :cheeky:

BrianGavin_TwistedBand4b_120110.jpg

Packy!!! Thank you soooo much for everything ;)) you have been there through it all with me...listening to my rant and craziness off PS :cheeky:

Thank you Posh! I'm digging the uniqueness of it all, simple with a twist 8-)

Yssie Thanks sweetie! I thought about a plain band, but I'm always craving a little zing to a wedder with a plain solitaire :bigsmile: This feels like such the perfect size stone and very content with the size, its just the darn setting ehh? I'm really loving the head and all.

Heather the width is definitely 3.5mm to maybe a tad under 4mm I never thought to ask :o I really wanted a substantial set, Problem with chunky rings for me, is my short finger ;( BUT what the hey! I'm going to go wide and big :loopy: Who says a petite gal, needs to only get petite rings :naughty:

Amy Thank you sweetie, its been a PS whirlwind :loopy:

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks perfect on your hand!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I usually don't like princess-cut stones but the kite-set look is fantastic :love:

Your twist band is gorgeous too. Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty setting DT! I love the orientation of the stone and it really does look big on your finger!

Can't wait to see the new band - whole new look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results