shape
carat
color
clarity

Kite set a princess?!....sure why not :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is simply stunning - the kite-set princess is perfect in that tulip-head, and I'm so taken with the juxtaposition of angle and curve. This is definitely my new favorite solitaire - it's just a magical combination of stone and setting - thank you for sharing such a lovely ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks terrific on you!!!!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
D&T- I really love your kite set princess! :cheeky:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, D&T that is a gorgeous ring!! I love the kite set, and I love the substantialness of the band. It looks beautiful on you!!
It is definitely a winner!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the tulip head and that it is kite set. It looks to be a substantial piece. Michael E does great work. The band is gorgeous too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww honey, you could change the setting every month and I'd still want to be a part of it! Plus, how many times have you listened to ME and my freak outs???

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous :love: i think i like kite set princess cuts more than the regular way!!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
D&T, it's hard to say because you have excellent taste, but I think this might be my very favorite of your iterations. Super unique, but totally classic. It looks great on you.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He...I never liked princess cut diamonds and i really, really didn't like at all the look of those stones being kite set...Then i saw your ring and i changed my mind about both...Which makes me wonder how come for the first time a kite set princess cut looks so gorgeous in my eyes, when there is no elaborate setting or anything of the sort to make it look different....and yet, it looks so different than anything similar i've ever seen. In fact, it looks absolutely STUNNING... :love: And it sits so beautifully on your hand, as if they were made for each other :razz: Your ring is gorgeous...i've got nothing else to say :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh I like that twisty band! I think for that one I'll make an exception to my rules of plain plain plain.. it's definitely gonna make a *statement* :sun: whatever will you do with the remaining 5mm? :devil:

I'm so glad to hear that you love it! Changing is always fun, I think, so long as you can enjoy your in-betweens - and I'm glad to see that the new setting is perfect :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks really good.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww You guys sure know how to make a girl blush :halo:
Thank you all so much you have made my morning to see all your lovely comments!

SCG- thank you, I’m glad the white gold and setting looks good too ::)
StarGurl- I’m glad to take a different spin on princess cuts and glad you stopped in. Thank you!

MGR- you are always there sweetie to see my many iterations I’m glad the orientation of the stone is pleasing to many, I quite enjoy the look soooo much!

Mary- I love the word juxtaposition, and glad that it really makes sense with the lines and curve. Thank you for such a lovely comment!
Motownmama, Catwalk – thank you a ton! Means so much that this combo works well together.
Luv2Sparkle- You are sooo sweet! Thank You! yes substantial is such a fitting word. The solitaire, is actually quite heavy, not hallowed, and also seems very durable, my last one, although beautiful, the head was a bit wonky, and light as air :errrr:
CCN- Hey Nice to see you! Thank you- I really like working with him, he’s a great communicator and sooo pleasant especially with this nutjob of a customer…lol I haven’t ventured out in the pearl forum in ages, I still have yet to take pictures of my silver/grey/black pearl necklace DH gave me on mother’s day –eeek
Awww Packy- rant away anyday!
Blackpaw- Thank you! it’s a fun way to set, not too traditional, but still screams solitaire :D in a traditional sense
Cait! How are you? Awww you are always too sweet! How’s your lovely OEC doing? What have you decided on? I’m glad you dropped in :wavey:

NatyL- Hey hey!! Awww you are too kind, I’m glad the kite set is pleasing to you. I usually only like kite set in a Tension setting so it was really between this and the Gelin Abaci, but I still long for a wedding band and more openness around the diamond girdle, so this was the best of both world. I ran into the problem of loving square shape, but heads were harder to come by, but I just loved the tulip head, and Stuller has them also for princess cuts… yippee!
Yssie- hehehe… why thank you! definitely a statement piece for this petite gal.

Lknvrb4- Thank you a ton!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Love the tulip setting for your princess!
One of the most unique setting/diamond shape combos I've seen.
The kite set really works well with the design of the ring and thickness of the shank.
An all around well balanced and very elegant look.

I really like it!
:appl:
Wear it in good health!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fabu!!

cheers--Sharon

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi to you too D&T! I always stop by your threads!
I quit trying to decide months ago. It was getting pointless.
I'll figure something out eventually but for now it's still a simple solitaire. It's fine that way and frankly, I don't wear it as often as I'd like since I work as a surgical nurse.
BUT, when I have the $$$....I still dream of the perfect setting. :)
I hope you found yours! But if not, I will always be excited to see the beautiful things you come up with.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy, Sharon Thank you ladies! for your kind comments
Cait I do hope that dream setting comes your way soon. I'll look forward to seeing it on you.

Thanks again Everyone!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
D&T your new ring is such a unique and classy way to set a princess cut! It is beautiful and I love the way it looks on your hand - enjoy!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T, beautiful!!! I love the way you set it! :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial! ,Skippy!How are you two sweeties? and both of your GORGEOUS Three stone doing? Thank you so much! You two make me smile :bigsmile: when I see your posts. thanks for dropping in :wavey:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T|1291342161|2785733 said:
Sarah Thank you!!! This is actually my anniversary ring/solitaire/set still have my original princess cut engagement ring from 7 years ago.

and since you asked about my newest band.... here she is, but I won't have it for a couple of weeks I like twisted shank type rings, and somehow need to tie it all together sooo, hopefully this works out- kinda nervous, but from what I projected I can add up to 5 more mm until it takes up my whole bottom finger :cheeky:

BrianGavin_TwistedBand4b_120110.jpg

Packy!!! Thank you soooo much for everything ;)) you have been there through it all with me...listening to my rant and craziness off PS :cheeky:

Thank you Posh! I'm digging the uniqueness of it all, simple with a twist 8-)

Yssie Thanks sweetie! I thought about a plain band, but I'm always craving a little zing to a wedder with a plain solitaire :bigsmile: This feels like such the perfect size stone and very content with the size, its just the darn setting ehh? I'm really loving the head and all.

Heather the width is definitely 3.5mm to maybe a tad under 4mm I never thought to ask :o I really wanted a substantial set, Problem with chunky rings for me, is my short finger ;( BUT what the hey! I'm going to go wide and big :loopy: Who says a petite gal, needs to only get petite rings :naughty:

Amy Thank you sweetie, its been a PS whirlwind :loopy:

Wow- so you got to keep your original princess ering- and get a gorgeous kite set princess- AND get this new twisted shank diamond band! Lucky You! I bought a twisting split shank with halo setting for a .60 RB/Tranny stone --- i still have yet to set it, but it reminds me of this band! :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1291508607|2787486 said:
Wow- so you got to keep your original princess engagement ring- and get a gorgeous kite set princess- AND get this new twisted shank diamond band! Lucky You! I bought a twisting split shank with halo setting for a .60 RB/Tranny stone --- i still have yet to set it, but it reminds me of this band! :appl:

Hey! I just went back through your post, and yes!!! I almost got that same setting for one of my colored gemstone, really love that twisted diamond shank :love: can't wait to see yours set! its a beautiful setting!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty and I really love that you had the princess site set. Very nice!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always liked the tulip head...but a kite set princess with the tulip head? WOW! Love it, and the new band, too. Congratulations. Wear them in good health!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
[quote

Haha!! Feb! I don't mind keeping you company :bigsmile: and thank you!!! what are you up to with yours? have I missed anything?[/quote]

You didn't miss anything because I didn't post about it, lol! Same diamond (.80 round), different setting- platinum and baguettes. Wedding band is a 2.5mm heavy comfort fit. I'll probably keep the setting but at some point will upgrade the diamond to a princess/radiant/or emerald cut diamond.

Can't wait to see the new wedding band! It's looks amazing! :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zoe, KaeKae and Feb (I'll definitley have an SMTB with the band too)

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Well done! Classic and unique setting at the same time.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Should I say this??? (Since you may be already planning a change :bigsmile: )
D&T, this is my favorite setting for you so far! The kite setting and the width of the band suits your hand and finger perfectly. I know you have had YG settings, but the WG makes your stone pop against your skintone. I love everything about it on you! :love: :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh oh LOVE the new band! it is so beautiful! The twisted shank is breath taking! I just wanted to let you know D&T that you are the only other person I know who has gone through more resets then me. however, I think I"m planning my final one as we speak- it won't happen till 2013 though as it will be a huge reset :nono:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purplesilk, Thank you! it is a little different but still a classic solitaire...i think

Tigian! How are you sweetie?! Thank you... nope no plans for anymore resets :bigsmile: , the more I wear this, the more I LOVE it... which is a bit of a shocker, as with my other rings, I think it started to fade the other direction :wacko: the more I wear it... maybe it was because i needed a change of .... gold and diamond shape 8)

Sarah!2013!!! whoa... how could you even stand it!...lol oh goodness. do you have some ideas already? Thank you about the band as well. I couldn't do anymore custom, as I've had not the greatest results from them :(sad even though I've worked with fantastic companies, the execution, just didn't come out as I had envisioned most of the time, overall look ok, but something about them all just didn't work for me. I'll look forward to your reset... and hope to be around ::) then as well.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1291683899|2789364 said:
Sarah!2013!!! whoa... how could you even stand it!...lol oh goodness. do you have some ideas already? Thank you about the band as well. I couldn't do anymore custom, as I've had not the greatest results from them :(sad even though I've worked with fantastic companies, the execution, just didn't come out as I had envisioned most of the time, overall look ok, but something about them all just didn't work for me. I'll look forward to your reset... and hope to be around ::) then as well.

Well since you asked- here is my inspiration ring the HW micropave halo. We are going to upgrade my 2.0 RB Natalie K setting to a 3.5 cushion. I'm not sure who will do the setting yet. But yes I have to wait till 2013 because we are moving at the beginning of this year and we are trying to buy a house by the summer. So after the house we will need to build back up my spending fund on Jewerly. It might happen in 2012, but I don't want to rush it- I need to find the perfect cushion first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results