shape
carat
color
clarity

Kindly requesting your assistance on a custom necklace for FMIL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone. I want to create a custom pendant for my FMIL for a christmas present this year. FI and I got her a pink tourmaline ring last year and she''d like a pendant now. I found a possible stone for this piece but it isn''t quite round. Can I purchase a 4 prong setting seperatley and have it set as long as the mm match up? Also, do you have any recomendations on 14k wg settings? This needs to be a relativley inexpensive piece. I''m thinking $400 max and that includes the stone. Can you help? I''m not sure on the stone yet too so those suggestions I''ll take as well. Is it too late to do something custom? I hate the diamond district and I really don''t want to go there again even though its around the corner.

Thanks!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can certainly purchase a setting separately, but the problem is that you need to make sure you buy a stone that is calibrated. Many colored stones aren''t and you''ll want to be sure that you can fit it in a standard size mounting. Depth can sometimes be an issue too, so just make sure you look into it first.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm I don''t know. It depends on whether it is actually calibrated to 10x7 or if it''s just roughly 10x7. As I said before the depth might also be an issue...I''d probably just buy a stuller setting from a local jeweler once they measure it.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I see what you mean now. Thanks! So I should wait till I get the stone and then find a simple setting? Thanks NF!

ETA...I'm really stupid with this stuff. What is a Stuller setting? They are a wholesaler, right? So I should assume a local jewler will have this?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 8:51:59 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I see what you mean now. Thanks! So I should wait till I get the stone and then find a simple setting? Thanks NF!

That''s what I would do. My jeweler can get simple settings like that from stuller within a few days. Seems easier to me.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I edited while you were writing. Thanks. Any idea ball park how much you think a setting would run??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 8:55:29 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I edited while you were writing. Thanks. Any idea ball park how much you think a setting would run??

Stuller is a generic setting company. Any jeweler should have access. I don''t know how much it would be now, but about a year ago I had a pear little opal set into a setting just like that. Including the chain the total bill was about $100.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I''ll let you know how it turns out.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I second Stuller - I got the settings for my earrings and pendant that were a wedding gift from DH from them.

My stones weren''t calibrated and they fitted fine in the very simple plain 18kt yg gold oval and round settings.

You''ll need to get them through a jeweller as they''re trade only - and that way you can check if your stone is okay size-wise.

You can check out their catalogue online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results