shape
carat
color
clarity

Kim Kardashian engaged...20 carat ring!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly!

I'm glad she's engaged, I hope it lasts.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, wish there were pictures of the ring online! It sounds amazingly gigantic!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
OT, but does her sister's ring look like a simulant or moissanite to anybody else?

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
herekittykitty|1306341053|2929946 said:
OT, but does her sister's ring look like a simulant or moissanite to anybody else?

I have never thought that about Khloe's ring. It is HUGE, but IMO it looks very pretty. Then again, I have only seen it in somewhat far away pictures, never really up-close shots.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! The magazines are breaking the PS etiquette of reporting the ct. weight of the center stone only, not the total carat weight, when describing your ring :cheeky:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am happy for her--I hope it's the real deal!

Here's a photo People posted on their website:

kim's ring.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that's just huge....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge ring!

I think it's cute that he's got a K name too, like the rest of the Kardashian girls.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is stunning, it's interesting how they are speculating whether she paid for it or not.

April20

Ideal_Rock
The center stone is so big it makes the side stone look like nuthin' and they're 2 ct each!

Beatiful ring.... I really like it.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I love it, beautiful ring. Too bad I couldn't rock something like that in my hot career as... a public librarian! :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am happy for them too.

But is it really mean or spiteful to predict they don't even make it to the wedding?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
kittybean|1306345208|2929994 said:

Le sigh. I can has?

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1306351219|2930064 said:
I am happy for them too.

But is it really mean or spiteful to predict they don't even make it to the wedding?

They'll make it to 1-2 seasons of a reality TV show ;-)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie|1306339558|2929927 said:
I found this:
"The ring -- designed by Lorraine Schwartz -- features a 16.5 carat emerald cut center stone flanked by two 2-carat trapezoids ... for a grand total of 20.5 carats. "

You can kind of see it here: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/05/25/kim-kardashian-engagement-ring-price-kris-humphries/

Interesting - in this article they are speculating about who paid for the ring, saying that Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears paid for their own. The price of the ring is a quite a lot of money compared to fiancee Kris' salary.

As an aside, the Kardashian girls' family history is interesting also. Their father, Robert Kardashian, is one of the attorneys who represented OJ Simpson in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder trial.

But back to the ring - WOW!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Like everything else about the Kardashians . . . big, silly, and tasteless.

Not an ounce of class in the whole clan.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1306360377|2930203 said:
MonkeyPie|1306339558|2929927 said:
I found this:
"The ring -- designed by Lorraine Schwartz -- features a 16.5 carat emerald cut center stone flanked by two 2-carat trapezoids ... for a grand total of 20.5 carats. "

You can kind of see it here: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/05/25/kim-kardashian-engagement-ring-price-kris-humphries/

Interesting - in this article they are speculating about who paid for the ring, saying that Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears paid for their own. The price of the ring is a quite a lot of money compared to fiancee Kris' salary.

As an aside, the Kardashian girls' family history is interesting also. Their father, Robert Kardashian, is one of the attorneys who represented OJ Simpson in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder trial.

But back to the ring - WOW!

I was WONDERING if it was that Kardashian!

The ring is OT, but I would totally wear it if I could. It is amazing.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. I have a hard time taking her serious after seeing her sex tape (don't ask--lol, I have). The entire family is getting annoying. Now it will be wedding this and wedding that. Beautiful enormous ring though---and a hottie husband-to be!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
kittybean|1306345208|2929994 said:

WOW! I could get used to a ring like that! It's gorgeous!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I wish her the best.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Can I just say...I bought the magazine.

I think this is all the "famous" Kardashian smoke-in-mirrors thing. There is NO way they *just* got engaged. Does anyone remember when Khloe colored her hair that awful red? Well, in the pictures from their engagement dinner, Khloe has the red hair in the pictures, which she doesn't have anymore IRL.

I think Kris Jenner probably held back the announcement till after the royal wedding so that Kim could get big publicity.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1306343740|2929975 said:
LOL! The magazines are breaking the PS etiquette of reporting the ct. weight of the center stone only, not the total carat weight, when describing your ring :cheeky:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Exactly my thoughts! Like you really need to exaggerate the size of a 16 ct. center stone. :twirl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely but... am I the only one who thinks there's such a thing as a too large stone, especially for an engagement ring? I mean, I understand wanting a stunning piece of jewelry and all, but the engagement ring is also a symbol, hopefully one you'd be able to wear even if you don't happen to have a body guard handy.

*sigh*

My blood sugar levels must be dropping or something. I think I'd better fix myself some dinner.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I don't follow the Kardashians or their show, but good for her! You know, I just finished saying in the "trends that you hate" thread that celebrity rings were one of the things I typically don't like. They end up being gaudy and overdone. But this one actually looks quite classy and beautiful. It's one of the nicest celebrity rings I've seen in a while.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually don't know who this woman is, or why she's famous, but this reminds me of that other woman and the basketball player who recently got divorced (or she found out he was cheating on her or something). Eva Longoria...just remembered her name.

I wouldn't turn that ring down, but I think my 1 carat marriage is going to outlast her 20 ctw one....

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Good for her! I think it's great for women to do what they want to do career-wise before settling down.

I think that she is absolutely worth the 20 carat diamond ring Kris bought her. As long as HE thinks she's worth it, who are we to argue she's not? We aren't there to see their relationship day in and day out... good for her!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1306380646|2930509 said:
It's lovely but... am I the only one who thinks there's such a thing as a too large stone, especially for an engagement ring? I mean, I understand wanting a stunning piece of jewelry and all, but the engagement ring is also a symbol, hopefully one you'd be able to wear even if you don't happen to have a body guard handy.

*sigh*

My blood sugar levels must be dropping or something. I think I'd better fix myself some dinner.

Oh, I totally agree there's such a thing as too big. I could never pull something like that off (I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing anything over about 1.5-2 ct). But rich and famous celebrities are expected to have gigantic rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results