shape
carat
color
clarity

???!! KIM DAVIS met the Pope????!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
Machiavelli :read: was writing about courts like those of The Vatican.

"The question now is did Archbishop Viganò, left to linger in the United States as a new administration has taken power in Rome, keep Pope Francis in the dark or simply underestimate the off-message media storm that a meeting with Ms. Davis would provoke. Or, after executing orders from Rome, has he once again found himself being hung out to dry at the end of his career."


Here's another link for you:

From, "The New York Times"...http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/world/europe/archbishop-at-center-of-mystery-of-papal-meeting-with-kim-davis.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

AGBF
:saint:
 

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
9,098
jordyonbass|1443665812|3933677 said:
It's a conflicted message if that's the case as he (along with every other pope) has been a public opponent to equality in it's many forms. You can't ask people to treat each other with kindness and respect and then express inequality amongst people.

The church has been brought from the dark ages, kicking and screaming like a toddler having a tantrum and the current pope bloke is just a mortal man who has minimal power when it comes to secular, human rights decisions. That's a good thing as well as we can already see that equality is somewhere on the bottom of his list. It's equality for his friends only.

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet. Still not sure of his true agenda. What you say about his secular powers are partially true. His actions will influence Catholics who vote and those votes will have an impact on secular life. If he is the crafty fox I hope he is, he recognizes that trying to change things within the church hierarchy (which is deeply divided about him and frightened of some of his actions) will be a fruitless endeavor. To combat that, he needs the support of the Catholic liberal faithful. He needs an overwhelming tide of support from outside the Vatican to achieve change. I hope that is part of his plan. Too early to tell.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,225
Is there a recall process for Popes?

I mean, they are elected.

I just wonder. What is he balancing. I mean there is only so fast and so far you can steer a boat the size of the Vatican. A bigger bureaucracy I can't imagine.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
Gypsy|1443941903|3934676 said:
Is there a recall process for Popes?

I mean, they are elected.

I just wonder. What is he balancing. I mean there is only so fast and so far you can steer a boat the size of the Vatican. A bigger bureaucracy I can't imagine.

I don't think so. Pope Benedict XVI shocked everyone by resigning, which no Pope had done for almost 600 years. But sometimes they have been murdered.

Deb :read:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431
Gypsy|1443941903|3934676 said:
Is there a recall process for Popes?

I mean, they are elected.

I just wonder. What is he balancing. I mean there is only so fast and so far you can steer a boat the size of the Vatican. A bigger bureaucracy I can't imagine.

Depending on who's unhappy with his job performance, there's always lightning.
 

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
2,394
AGBF|1443951475|3934693 said:
Gypsy|1443941903|3934676 said:
Is there a recall process for Popes?

I mean, they are elected.

I just wonder. What is he balancing. I mean there is only so fast and so far you can steer a boat the size of the Vatican. A bigger bureaucracy I can't imagine.

I don't think so. Pope Benedict XVI shocked everyone by resigning, which no Pope had done for almost 600 years. But sometimes they have been murdered.

Deb :read:

I believe Pope Francis has said that he does not see himself as pope for 20 years. It may be that he expects to resign/retire, too. It should be interesting to see if he and Pope Benedict establish a new "normal" for Popes not continuing in the role long after their heath makes it impossible to truly do the job.
 
Q

Queenie60

Guest
What in the world does this have to do with PriceScope. I thought this was about diamonds and bling?
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431
MMiroyan|1444025935|3934912 said:
What in the world does this have to do with PriceScope. I thought this was about diamonds and bling?

Pricescope's primary thing is diamonds and bling, but it also has several fora for other topics.
Rocky Talk is about diamonds.
Colored Stones is about colored stones like sapphires, emeralds, garnets, etc.
Show Me The Bling is about sharing pics of your jewelry.

Here is a list of all of the fora here at Pricescope: https://www.pricescope.com/forum

Hangout (this forum) is a general discussion forum about anything and everything ... actually two topics that don't really belong on Hangout is diamonds and bling.
News stories and current events are often discussed here.

BTW, welcome to PS. :wavey:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,852
kenny|1444028094|3934920 said:
MMiroyan|1444025935|3934912 said:
What in the world does this have to do with PriceScope. I thought this was about diamonds and bling?


Hangout (this forum) is a general discussion forum about anything and everything ... actually two topics that don't really belong on Hangout is diamonds and bling.
News stories and current events are often discussed here.
Kenny is your host... :wink2:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431
Dancing Fire|1444032417|3934926 said:
kenny|1444028094|3934920 said:
MMiroyan|1444025935|3934912 said:
What in the world does this have to do with PriceScope. I thought this was about diamonds and bling?


Hangout (this forum) is a general discussion forum about anything and everything ... actually two topics that don't really belong on Hangout is diamonds and bling.
News stories and current events are often discussed here.
Kenny is your host... :wink2:

... and Dancing Fire is your co-host.

If you listen closely, every morning you'll hear DF announce, "And Heeeeeeeeer's Kenny!"

screen_shot_2015-10-05_at_10.png
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
In the interest of fairness I thought I should provide full disclosure for newcomers. This is fantasy:

fantasy.png
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
This is reality: Dancing Fire and kenny posed for this sculpture.

thereality.jpg
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431
AGBF|1444070360|3935072 said:
This is reality: Dancing Fire and kenny spend much of their time in timeout.

Time outs are when we think up our best material. :lol:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
kenny|1444070451|3935074 said:
AGBF|1444070360|3935072 said:
This is reality: Dancing Fire and kenny spend much of their time in timeout.

Time outs are when we think up our best material. :lol:

Indeed. And you are fast. You caught me trying to improve my caption!!!

Deb :wavey:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431
AGBF|1444070546|3935079 said:
kenny|1444070451|3935074 said:
AGBF|1444070360|3935072 said:
This is reality: Dancing Fire and kenny spend much of their time in timeout.

Time outs are when we think up our best material. :lol:

Indeed. And you are fast. You caught me trying to improve my caption!!!

Deb :wavey:

I'm like Mozart.
My posts are perfect the moment I compose them.

I NEVER edit. :wink2: :whistle:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
kenny|1444073115|3935094 said:
AGBF|1444070546|3935079 said:
kenny|1444070451|3935074 said:
AGBF|1444070360|3935072 said:
This is reality: Dancing Fire and kenny spend much of their time in timeout.

Time outs are when we think up our best material. :lol:

Indeed. And you are fast. You caught me trying to improve my caption!!!

I'm like Mozart.
My posts are perfect the moment I compose them.

I NEVER edit. :wink2: :whistle:

And yet, in "Amadeus", Emperor Joseph II told him that upon at least one occasion when he composed a piece, he had used too many notes....

Deb ;))
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
33,431

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
1,339


imageuploadedbytapatalk1444082525.jpg
 

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,692

:lol:
 

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,692
NonieMarie|1444070049|3935061 said:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/05/the-shady-group-that-played-pope-francis.html


Here's the truth....very interesting. He had only one audience, which I assume is a one on one meeting. It was with an old student of his and the student's partner of 19 years. :appl:



Thank you for this interesting and informative article.
 

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
956

Hilarious
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
13,277
As mentioned above, this entire story never happened. No meeting.
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top