shape
carat
color
clarity

Killing myself slowly w/setting anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

So my boyfriend and I have picked out the princess stone for my e-ring, but I''ve now spent close to a month just looking at settings. Because my boyfriend purchased the stone from WF, I am hoping to stay with them for the setting.

My problem is that I really would love to keep my setting price to about 1200, but the one I really, really love is the WF champaigne setting. My stone is also 2 ct, so now the setting price is 2400! I also love platinum and can''t imagine having it set in any other metal.

I also like the W prong, but after seeing the champaigne setting, I''m just completely torn, especially since I know there''s a matching band!

Please, please, please, if anyone has any ideas of opinions on my situation, I would love to hear from you. I''ve been driving myself and my boyfriend nuts for about a month now.

thanks!!

---E

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I would get the setting that you love. I know it is 1200 more than you want to spend, but if you don''t get the setting you love, I''ll tell you what will happen. You will get the other setting, kinda love it, but always look down and wish you had a different setting. You will never be 100% happy, and in the end, you will end up buying the other setting. And then you will have paid $3600 for a setting you could have gotten for $2400 in the first place.

But that''s just my opinion of course (from personal experience)!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m going to be of no help whatsoever because i love the champaigne setting!
39.gif
i think it is just so beautiful and unique. have you thought about wg? i''ve always thought the champaigne would wear better in wg because of the brushed finish.
i have the 3stone w-prong and it is just amazingly simple and beautiful. i really don''t think you can go wrong either way.

i told you i would be of no help!
39.gif

just pick one. you can go back and forth over this forever and still wish you had something else. it''s what we do! but trust me, once you have that beauty on your finger, it will become less of an obsession and more admiration.
2.gif

do it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 4:20:06 PM
Author: Rascal49
I would get the setting that you love. I know it is 1200 more than you want to spend, but if you don''t get the setting you love, I''ll tell you what will happen. You will get the other setting, kinda love it, but always look down and wish you had a different setting. You will never be 100% happy, and in the end, you will end up buying the other setting. And then you will have paid $3600 for a setting you could have gotten for $2400 in the first place.

I agree completely. I''d wait and save a bit more and get the one you really want. Don''t settle...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 4:20:06 PM
Author: Rascal49
This is very sound advice. That "coulda-shoulda-woulda" thing stinks. Perhaps you can post an image of the setting? Maybe someone has seen it for less.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I think I am kind of with Rascal on this one. If you love that setting get it. Or you could get an inexpensive simple temporary WG or Plat. setting and then once you are ready, change the temp setting out for the champaign setting that you like. But me...I'd probably go ahead and spend the $ if at all possible just to save having to send my ring back and forth swapping the settings.

ETA: Starryeyed...that particular setting is a WF exclusive as far as I know. So I'd doubt anyone has it cheaper.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Believe me, I know where you''re coming from...I fell in love with a $3000 setting where we preferred to spend maybe $1500. In the end, we decided to pony up the money now rather than have me changing settings because I wasn''t happy. I love the champagne setting! I would try to find the additional funds and just do it. You''ll be so much more pleased with your ring in the end. A two carat stone would look breathtaking in that setting! You just have to promise pics afterwards!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a big believer in trying to get what you want the first time ... but are you concerned at all about the setting looking dated in the future? It''s a pretty bold modern statement ... very gorgeous right now. 5 years, 10 years from now ... I''m not sure.

Platinum for $1200 is gonna be TOUGH right now period. What size are you looking for? Pearlman''s has some "clearance" settings in platinum that are beautiful!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Is this it? THREAD

If so, I would say it''s similar to the Michael B. lace setting, which costs like $5-6K, so at $2400 you are getting a deal!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no help except to say you are not alone in the driving oneself nutso thing LOL My husband is gonna take the stone away soon if I don''t get it set LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get what you really want now. I am a big believer in that. True it costs more, but if you really, really love it then I say get it.
2.gif

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
ohhh that''s it alright!!

all of you have been so supportive, and i thank you all! =)

i''m definitely going to try and get the money together... do i hear tax season right around the corner...?

about the style -- i know it''s a bold and modern look, but i kinda like knowing it''s from this era. i really don''t want to change a setting. i''m in the mindset that my e-ring is an one and only thing... i might get other rings in the future, but this is my ring from the love of my life!

i really am leaning towards the champaigne right now... if i do, i''ll be sure to post pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results