shape
carat
color
clarity

Keshi Pearls

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a good source for top quality keshi strands. I was hoping for a strand for a necklace.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm a newbie, so please explain what Keshi pearls are. . . ?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am quick on the pick up and finally figured out what keshi pearls are! :appl:

This lady is in Australia and has just about every variation on freshwater keshi pearls that exists:

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=KESHI&Submit=Search

To set the website to your currency, you go to the homepage http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/ and use the pull down menu to show your currency and it stays that way as you browse. If you find a strand you like, the "more info" link will open up a slide show with multiple pics of the pearls.

One of the PS posters recently bought three of her strands and was delighted with them, but for some reason I can't find the post.

There zillions of keshi pearls on her site. :cheeky:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so, anyone know where in AU she is located? i'm going to be in AU very very soon.....

MoZo

eta: further exploration of her website says she's in Darwin. however, i have sent her an e-mail asking if she might have an "outlet" in Western AU......i'm guessing not: but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
so, anyone know where in AU she is located? i'm going to be in AU very very soon.....

MoZo

I would email her. I think she works out of her house (she mentions shooting pix in her carport) so not sure if she'd welcome a visit. Maybe meet somewhere and she can bring a tote bag of stuff you're interested in?

She has some amazing pieces, I'm seriously considering a couple for holiday gifts. High perceived value, low price, PERFECT gift! :appl:

But if you go and buy some of those beauties, you WILL post pix, right? :naughty:

OFF TOPIC WARNING: Speaking of Australia, have you ever read "In a Sunburned Country" by Bill Bryson? It's hilarious! :lol:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, have not read it: will look for it and possibly take it with me. i do have his latest book on my shelf to read, though.

you have motivated me re pearls: i've purchased a few individual pearls from Pearl Society off eBay. i haven't had time to try and take a photo and have no idea when such a time will arrive. one day.........

i'm still sifting throuh her website and i'm really liking some of her strands! and there is a pendant that looks like stacked sticks that i'm loving. not for the timid, though!

i did send her an e-mail and i'll let you know what she has to say. Darwin is just too far from any location we'll be in........

MoZo

eta: i also love this stacked look: http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/2-strand-lot-of-paper-keshi

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, they look great on you......i love the corn flakes with the rounds.....and i love the stacked strands on you!

MoZo

ps i hope what you order isn't what i've got in my wish list and trying to decide on!

eta: Catherine is a great communicator and i really appreciate all the info she gives on each piece.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey MoZo,

Ha, you'd better get on it. I'm in the midst of ordering right now and so is Canuk. Let's see what we've racked up so far.
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1424
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=705&Submit=Search
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=743&Submit=Search
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=1689&Submit=Search

I'm musing over two more strands and two more pairs of earrings, but I'm not tell ing you which ones!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Galley,

Loved your pics of the cornflake keshi!

How close do you think the colors in the vendor pics were to the RL colors?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
Galley,

Loved your pics of the cornflake keshi!

How close do you think the colors in the vendor pics were to the RL colors?

In truth I would have to say they were a tad paler, but not in a bad way. That said, I haven't experimented with them in all lighting conditions.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, Gailey, the first link you posted as "ordered" is...and now was...on my list. sigh.

MoZo

ps at least i know it went to a good home if you or Canuk got it!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Care Ehret of Ehret Design on eBay usually has some nice keshis, although I usually want to use them to make my own stuff.

I made this necklace with some small, spikey platinum Japanese keshis I got from her....

pearlneck1.jpg

pearlneck3.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
MoZo, good news!!!

1424 is not the one I ordered, I was mistaken. I ordered 1020. So I guess that means that 1424 might still be available!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gailey, 1020 is equally stunning! more creamy than 1424....

MoZo

ps my wish list keeps expanding........i think i'm going to order a thing or two and have them sent to my sis-in-law in AU. actually, i can order them while there too as catherine said i'd have them in 2 days shipping from Darwin to Perth.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:

MoZo

ps my wish list keeps expanding........i think i'm going to order a thing or two and have them sent to my sis-in-law in AU. actually, i can order them while there too as catherine said i'd have them in 2 days shipping from Darwin to Perth.

MZ, you have to PROMISE to post pics when you get them! :tongue:

I just ordered a strand from her, I will start a new strand (thread) in anticipation :appl:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
I have ordered SS keshis from Agustus Collection on eBay that I was very happy with, if that helps.

And I can second that the Bryson book is very funny!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:
movie zombie said:

MoZo

I just ordered a strand from her, I will start a new strand (thread) in anticipation :appl:

I am getting ready to order from her too! I still can't decide!! I keep going back and forth with a few metallic strands! :loopy: I can't wait to see what you both have ordered! I have heard great things about her and she was really quick to answer my questions concerning a strand.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger said:
Care Ehret of Ehret Design on eBay usually has some nice keshis, although I usually want to use them to make my own stuff.

I made this necklace with some small, spikey platinum Japanese keshis I got from her....

This is just beautiful! :love: It looks like it came out of a high end boutique! I think you should make a few more of those and sell them! I would buy one if the price was right............ :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Ksinger, that necklace is gorgeous!

I have tried my hand at the wire twists like that, I know they are REALLY hard to do. Yours are so even and professional!

Girl, you got some SKILLS! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut said:
I am getting ready to order from her too! I still can't decide!! I keep going back and forth with a few metallic strands! :loopy: I can't wait to see what you both have ordered! I have heard great things about her and she was really quick to answer my questions concerning a strand.

geez, i'm still looking at them all despite having looked 3 times already and expanding my wish list!!!!!! just when i think i've made up my mind, i see more! i think its a committment issue! i want them all!

MoZo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:
movie zombie said:

MoZo

HI:

WOT did you get MoZo????? Inquiring minds must know :D ! Gailey and I cannot wait for our new beads......

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i have a rather expanded wish list. i'm hoping to make a decision soon. i'm leaning towards a couple.......but still deciding.

problem: i wear my 18k red gold with silver sanddollar pendant 24/7. i've done the measuring to figure out what might work with it. i think it would be a pity to put anything too smooth next to the chain.....but may do so anyway. see my chain on page 9 of this thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-9']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-9[/URL]

links are about .25 inch.

i have a bit of time to make my decision. i'll order just before leaving for AU and they should be at sis-in-laws shortly after i arrive.

MoZo

ps i'd prefer to get something "creamy" colored.....not wanting anything "rainbowed".

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
well, i have a rather expanded wish list. i'm hoping to make a decision soon. i'm leaning towards a couple.......but still deciding.

problem: i wear my 18k red gold with silver sanddollar pendant 24/7. i've done the measuring to figure out what might work with it. i think it would be a pity to put anything too smooth next to the chain.....but may do so anyway. see my chain on page 9 of this thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-9']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-9[/URL]

links are about .25 inch.

i have a bit of time to make my decision. i'll order just before leaving for AU and they should be at sis-in-laws shortly after i arrive.

MoZo

ps i'd prefer to get something "creamy" colored.....not wanting anything "rainbowed".

Gorgeous chain, MZ! :love:

But I'm posting because there may be a hitch in your get along: "20% OFF SALE: Sale extended until the end of October."

Catherine's sale ends SUNDAY! :shock:

Maybe if you email her and ask real nice ???

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, thanks for the heads up on the sale fine print! ok, i'm motivated to make my selections. :appl:

MoZo

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
iLander said:
movie zombie said:

MoZo

HI:

WOT did you get MoZo????? Inquiring minds must know :D ! Gailey and I cannot wait for our new beads......

cheers--Sharon

I got an e-mail this morning that my two new strands were ready and she would photograph them tonight. That means they will be on their way by the weekend I hope!

nypearlgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Bgray,

i read your post of wanting some keshi pearls.. arent they amazing?!

i brought two beautiful strands of white pearls in Majestic Pearl, i will assume they carry some keshi pearls.

what colors do you want and what kind of drillings are you looking for? keep me updated of what you get..

NY Pearl Girl

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results