shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep my solitaire low or re-set a little higher?

Keep my solitaire low or set a little higher?

• Keep it low

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Go higher

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the bowed curve of your prongs. Cupcake describes it perfectly! If you do opt to set higher, please keep the prong swoop and don't opt for ramrod straight prongs. I think the look would be too much of a departure from this version- which you love.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for indulging my request for more pics! I think your ring is so cute as is—cute as a button! I think the height gives it that overall look. But as a serial resetter, I see no harm in resetting and keeping this one too bc I think you will also love it when it’s set higher. Guess I’m no help. Lol

Thank you! I agree. Yep, no help!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I love the bowed curve of your prongs. Cupcake describes it perfectly! If you do opt to set higher, please keep the prong swoop and don't opt for ramrod straight prongs. I think the look would be too much of a departure from this version- which you love.

Thanks! No I definitely wouldn’t go much higher. I really do love mine. Your comment and the other Team Low Set ones are making me think I’ll chicken out of changing it. But ugh I’m so curious

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Buy a fake! Easy enough to satisfy your curiosity!

That would be the safe thing to do. I’m curious mostly if it might change how I see my diamond, would it perform a little differently or look larger sitting up a little higher ? I I have twice seen how going lower affected stones for the worse, not better. One was a bezel set solitaire that didn’t look as bright and sparkly and looked much smaller after it went into a lower bezel setting, and the other was a sapphire channel set eternity band - jeweler shaved off some of the inner metal thickness so it would fit looser, and after that the sapphires looked darker and more dull!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I will say that the optical illusion of setting a stone higher does the trick. A colleague of mine has a soli that sits super high but that sucker looks huge! Looks like you have enough interest here for someone to take this setting off your hands if in time, you decide higher is better for you. So you can’t lose.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I also voted keep, because I would love a solitaire that is just as low as yours in that apricot gold he does. I love it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very pretty…When you are looking at it from the top it’s perfection…Looking at it from the side…I do think it’s set a little too low..
I reset my previous diamond from a higher setting to a low setting. My diamond seemed to shrink into the setting. It appeared so much smaller to me. I then reset it yet again to a somewhat higher setting. It made all the difference.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very pretty…When you are looking at it from the top it’s perfection…Looking at it from the side…I do think it’s set a little too low..
I reset my previous diamond from a higher setting to a low setting. My diamond seemed to shrink into the setting. It appeared so much smaller to me. I then reset it yet again to a somewhat higher setting. It made all the difference.

Great to know, thank you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think you will try a reset?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted keep, because I would love a solitaire that is just as low as yours in that apricot gold he does. I love it.

Tulip gold and limbo low would be stunning! I think there is something so classy about a low setting. It says you know your stone is a work of art, and that there is no need to make your ring more showy... A well portioned low setting even with a big stone is understated elegance to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results