shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep diamond bracelet as it is?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi so this is my diamond bracelet. The pears, are made up of a small (maybe 4mm I'll measure later) round diamond and a 2mm diamond.

I love this bracelet but..... I always wonder if I should put coloured stones in place of the 4mm diamonds? Like for eg gorgeous emeralds or hot pink spinels.... anything to give it a bit of oomph.

Or should I just leave it as it is because I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to change the stones and will I just mess up a perfectly good bracelet?

Thanks for any opinions!

P's if anyone has coloured stone or CS and diamond bracelets; please share pics ☺

screenshot_2016-06-03-21-54-53.png

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep it as is for two reasons. The first is that it is really beautiful. The second is that when you are wearing your colored gemstone rings the bracelet will enhance the rings and not compete for color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would leave it as is. It's very elegant as it is now, with all white diamonds. I think colored stones would take something away from all those diamonds.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it as it is - it's very classy and will go with everything.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love CS, I would leave it intact.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok it looks like it's unanimous, leave it as it is :)

I think I just need another cs project... why does saving have to take so long!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree your bracelet is gorgeous "as is" and would leave it as such...but I understand the urge...I've been itching for a diamond with bracelet with some color sprinkled in.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like the bracelet and would leave it as it is.

DK :))

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you guys! Lilmosun your comment has made me think about getting a CS bracelet (with diamonds).... I wouldn't want to commission one though (too expensive)! and I've seen some in local mall jewellers... but you know all about the quality of those :naughty:

I wonder do our usual/recommended vendors do such things, I've never seen any.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had thought about asking Jeff W or Doug to cut me a set of CS for a bracelet, for setting in Tripp's Interchangeable System (no soldering required, just pliers allegedly).

I also have a plan to have a bangle made with interchangeable centre stone, the CSs already with the bench in China.

However, lately, I decided against wearing too much colour on my wrist, and shall wait and see how I get on with my diamond-only ID bracelet (re-modelled from a set of carre cut stones gifted to me by my mum) first.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dk-- I love your idea of interchangeable CS's on a bracelet...would love to hear more on your thoughts.

I tried this tsav/diamond bracelet on at a gem show and have been holding onto this picture forever - as an inspiration as to how I would love to incorporate some color into my white gold diamonds bracelets. Other than price, my biggest hesitation is if wear/tear on the stones going all the way around...and doing this in say, top color blue sapphires is definitely beyond my reach.

tsav_bracelet.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1465148193|4040513 said:
Dk-- I love your idea of interchangeable CS's on a bracelet...would love to hear more on your thoughts.

Apology for the threadjack in advance.

It is a bangle with an interchangeable central element, and I am toying with the idea of an oval plate with a diamond melee surround, for the centre stone to be interchangeable by screwing it down onto the plate

These are my inspiration pics:

lestage_convertible_summer_flyer_700.png
lestage02.png

And this is my rough design idea (the diamond bar with carre cut diamonds is no longer part of this project, as I am having an ID bracelet made with the diamonds instead):
interchangeablebangle.png

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh..and one more apology for threadjacking...but I love the concept dk! Would love to see you go forward with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results