shape
carat
color
clarity

Jypsie has PICTURES!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Ok so, it''s taken me FOREVER!! to figure out how to take even somewhat "ok" pictures. Before I start posting, I''m sorry that they are still pretty darn bad, but... I''m making improvements and they are no longer purple blobs or diamond blobs that no one can make heads or tails of.

I''m hoping to figure out how to do the e-ring and diamond bands this evening.

So, I''ll start with the amethyst that hubby bought me for christmas last year (2007). I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do with it for the longest time. I knew I wanted a ring, but I wasn''t sure of the setting or anything. The stone is a little more than 3 carats, and it''s gorgeous - I really wanted something that would show it off and not take away from the beautiful purple and the blues and reds that it flashes. So... without further ado....

pricescope 001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
another....

pricescope 002.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
side view...

pricescope 004.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
And the long awaited Dan Stair spinel - I can''t get the color quite right with this one yet - the sun hasn''t been out - so I''m going to have to try this weekend - it''s supposed to be nice.

Here are some inside shots that will give a good idea of the inside "purple" appearance - it''s a very light lavender-like color that really does have quite a bit of a tanzanite feel to it, not at all like the amethyst (see above for comparison).

pricescope 007.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
no flash...

pricescope 009.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
and one of the amethyst ring with no flash...

pricescope 005.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Sorry to interrupt the pictures, but that ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, love the way it turned out!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are both pretty! Does your camera have a macro mode? That helps with the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love that ring
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooovvvvvveee that ring! The color is so pretty against the sparkly diamonds.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely ring Jypsie. Is there a thread about the stone and ring project? I''d love to hear more about it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL ring, and love that stone
9.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
There''s a very, very brief discussion from 12/2007 https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ideas.73889/ when we purchased the stone. It is an amethyst. We had been looking for one for awhile. It''s my birthstone, but I wanted it to be special - so we were looking for a really special color. You see the moderate purples so often, that sometimes amethyst just doesn''t seem as special as it should - much like garnet or sapphire... beatiful ones really make you take notice and go "WOW!" because you see so many that just make you go "Oh, there''s another one."

We purchased it from ajsgems. When we received it, it was better then we were expecting. Then came the difficult task of looking for what to do with it. Who would have ever thought I could be SO indecisive.

... pendant?
... ring?
... pendant??
... I don''t know...
.... pressure!!!
.... RING!

Then what setting. I looked and looked and looked and looked, and kept coming back to a setting that I saw on ebay through Lord of the Gem Ring. I contacted them, upgraded a few things - and 1.25yrs and $500 later and that''s the final project.

I''m quite pleased.

The spinel is going to be a Leon project. But we are going to wait until I finish this year of school before we bite off that expense. The estimate came in and it''s in the ballpark that I was estimating, so it''s not terrible, but in this economy, I''d rather be a little more frugal and wait a bit on a purchase like that at the moment. So, I am going to sit and stare at it for awhile before it gets shipped off to NY for Leon to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results