shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

just started shopping - help

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by burger, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burger
    Rough_Rock

by burger » Jan 9, 2006
    I''m looking for something around .75 - 1 carat, don''t know much else, would this be a good choice? What are some easy things to look for when choosing a diamond?

Item Code: AGS-6747205
    Price: $2,767.00 View Details
    Report: AGS
    Shape: Round Ideal Cut
    Carat: 0.750
    Color: H
    Clarity: VS2
    Depth: 60.9
    Table: 55.6
    Crown Angle: 34.9
    Crown %: 15.7
    Pavilion Angle: 407
    Pavilion %: 42.9
    Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
    Polish: Excellent
    Symmetry: Excellent
    Culet: Pointed
    Fluorescence: Inert
    Measurements: 5.89-5.91X3.59

2. Lorelei
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Lorelei » Jan 9, 2006
    Welcome[​IMG] Well it looks to me as if you have done very well already, this rock scores great on the HCA to boot! An H is a good middle ground colour that can face up very white, the only other thing is that if you wish to save a bit more you could drop the clarity maybe to an SI1 or SI2 if the vendor says they are eyeclean, however I don't think you can go too far wrong with this diamond. Do you have a copy of the AGS report or any other info? The main things to look for you have covered, diameter measurements , depth, table, crown and pavillion angles plus girdle thickness, symmetry and polish for the all important cut quality besides the other C's. Also if eyeclean, the type, location. colour and visibility of inclusions and whether there are any durability issues, fluoresence, and grading and cut quality reports available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.