shape
carat
color
clarity

Just started a custom cut with Victor Canera!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! Looks absolutely amazing! Cannot wait for specs and to see how you set her!!! YIPPEE

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very excited for you - hope the grading comes out your way or even better!

Can't wait to see the stone in a ring - should be stunning!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Heavens alive, this is something else! Can't wait for the up-date on spec's

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result!!! Absolutely amazing :love:
Any setting visions now you have seen the end result?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are popping out on stalks she is truly spectacular :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!... :love: :appl:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1478280244|4093706 said:
What a stunning result!!! Absolutely amazing :love:
Any setting visions now you have seen the end result?

I really love the Emilya. However, Victor has cooked up a new antique setting that he is making for his stock right now. It should be ready by end of next week. He thinks it looks perfect for my stone. I'll see what it looks like when he's done and decide then.

Thank you to everyone for your excitement! I'll keep you posted on the final grading!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not bad to be able to choose between the Emilya and a new design by Victor :appl:
Your stone will look divine in a halo but is also big and beautiful enough to stand on it's own. Looking forward to see what you will decide

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
poshmommy|1478140716|4093135 said:
She has finally made it on American soil!

Hello poshmommy! I saw this stone on instagram and thought of you immediately.. all I can say is over and over; it is perfect.

:love: :love: :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news on settings poshmommy?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1478940298|4097370 said:

Not yet... :(sad I'm very sorry to say that the vendor and I have had some disagreements and things are a bit strained right now. However, I remain optimistic that this may still work out in the end to where we are both satisfied. I promise to come back and give everyone a full update when we have a resolution or the finished ring in hand. With the growing interest on the board in custom cuts I think it is important that the consumer knows about issues that can occur in the end and how to protect themselves as best they can in the beginning. Only one of us needs to learn the hard way!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
poshmommy|1479015980|4097731 said:

Not yet... :(sad I'm very sorry to say that the vendor and I have had some disagreements and things are a bit strained right now. However, I remain optimistic that this may still work out in the end to where we are both satisfied. I promise to come back and give everyone a full update when we have a resolution or the finished ring in hand. With the growing interest on the board in custom cuts I think it is important that the consumer knows about issues that can occur in the end and how to protect themselves as best they can in the beginning. Only one of us needs to learn the hard way!

So sorry for the bump in the road! I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, so sorry to hear this. It must be stressful enough to have a stone custom cut without any additional hassle. Is it about the final specs and the price for certain specs?

Thanks in advance for sharing your story once this is all behind you. It will definitely help other PSers who will choose the same route.
I hope this will all be resolved soon in a good manner for you.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
poshmommy I hope you get what you want or the right to walk away from the diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
poshmommy|1479015980|4097731 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this! But thanks in advance for being willing to share your story/information about this process. I know I would be nervous to go the custom cut route, so I cant imagine having to deal with any other difficulties beyond the uncertainty inherent to the process. I wish you the best and really hope you are able to come to an agreement that makes you happy!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
As someone planning to start the search for rough in a little over a month, I am very interested to hear about your experience. I'm also very sorry to hear that you're having so many issues. I was worried when the cutting/polishing process stretched out so long with (seemingly) so little communication.

Hopefully, you are able to separate the finished product from the stress involved in this process! Or, as Pyramid said, are able to walk away completely if this situation becomes untenable.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Poshmommy :wavey:
I say your post in a different thread stating that the CER will soon be heading in your direction? I hope all has been resolved for you. Any updates on the stone and setting?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1480693085|4104331 said:
I say your post in a different thread stating that the CER will soon be heading in your direction? I hope all has been resolved for you. Any updates on the stone and setting?

Hi Acinom!

The stone came back from AGS as a 4.021 J VS1, ideal polish and ideal symmetry.

I am happy to say that my husband and Victor worked through to a solution on the stone price and the ring is being set.

Victor has done a couple of beautiful new vintage style halos. He felt that one of these might be very striking with my stone. He generously offered to set my stone in one and send it to me. If it didn't thrill me he would take it back and set it in the Emilya at no cost to me. It was a very nice offer and I was a bit tempted to try it. But the newer settings are a lot more labor and time intensive and if I didn't like it that would be additional time to redo it. Also, with the large size of the diamond I was a bit nervous that the slightly larger halo would be too much. Then I worried that if I took it out of the larger halo that I would go through DSS and the stone would look smaller. After all that, I decided it was too much to think about. I truly adore the Emilya. I just really hope that he picked near colorless melee and it doesn't make the center stone look too off white!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
poshmommy|1480721527|4104420 said:

Hi Acinom!

The stone came back from AGS as a 4.021 J VS1, ideal polish and ideal symmetry.

I am happy to say that my husband and Victor worked through to a solution on the stone price and the ring is being set.

Victor has done a couple of beautiful new vintage style halos. He felt that one of these might be very striking with my stone. He generously offered to set my stone in one and send it to me. If it didn't thrill me he would take it back and set it in the Emilya at no cost to me. It was a very nice offer and I was a bit tempted to try it. But the newer settings are a lot more labor and time intensive and if I didn't like it that would be additional time to redo it. Also, with the large size of the diamond I was a bit nervous that the slightly larger halo would be too much. Then I worried that if I took it out of the larger halo that I would go through DSS and the stone would look smaller. After all that, I decided it was too much to think about. I truly adore the Emilya. I just really hope that he picked near colorless melee and it doesn't make the center stone look too off white!

Hi posh! I'm so glad you've reached a solution. How stressful. I have only had an amazing experience with Victor and I feel that if your heart is set on the emilya (like mine was) then go for it! I cannot wait to see pics!! What's the ETA? What are the dimensions?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1480729471|4104449 said:

Hi posh! I'm so glad you've reached a solution. How stressful. I have only had an amazing experience with Victor and I feel that if your heart is set on the emilya (like mine was) then go for it! I cannot wait to see pics!! What's the ETA? What are the dimensions?

Hi Laurenk!

Your pear is so beautiful in the emilya! Are you still loving it?

I have had that setting in my head for a round since I saw Frankie's 3 ct H round in it. It started my sway towards round stones (from cushion). The stone is 10.09 x 10.16 x 6.35

I have NO idea on the ETA. I think he originally said a couple of weeks. However, I don't really know when he started on it.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1480731676|4104457 said:
Poshmommy, that is very exciting! I know your ring will be gorgeous! :love:

I just wanted to say regarding the melee, it almost always looks whiter than the center stone (if the center stone has any tint) just due to the tiny size. It's just white sparkle. But many people here have pave halos on J and lower color antique cuts and it looks great!

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-jaw-dropping-5-carat-august-vintage-cushion-diamond-ring

Thanks DS! Is her stone a J? I have always loved her ring so much! It's the perfect cushion. I tried to access her original thread on it a while back and can't get into it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
poshmommy|1480737884|4104472 said:

I just wanted to say regarding the melee, it almost always looks whiter than the center stone (if the center stone has any tint) just due to the tiny size. It's just white sparkle. But many people here have pave halos on J and lower color antique cuts and it looks great!

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-jaw-dropping-5-carat-august-vintage-cushion-diamond-ring

Thanks DS! Is her stone a J? I have always loved her ring so much! It's the perfect cushion. I tried to access her original thread on it a while back and can't get into it.

Yes, it is a GIA J color. I think your J colored CER will be fine in an Emilya halo! :wavey:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
m-2-b|1480740406|4104486 said:

Yes, it is a GIA J color. I think your J colored CER will be fine in an Emilya halo! :wavey:

Thank you M2B!!! I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that! I have loved your ring for so long! It is perfection. Your entire collection is just breathtaking!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
poshmommy|1480742135|4104493 said:
m-2-b|1480740406|4104486 said:

Thank you M2B!!! I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that! I have loved your ring for so long! It is perfection. Your entire collection is just breathtaking!

Thanks, posh! :)) Victor has perfected the micropave halo so you have the best of both worlds with your gigantic CER! :cheeky: You will really appreciate how smooth his pave is while wearing it as well!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
poshmommy|1480737647|4104470 said:
laurenk|1480729471|4104449 said:

Hi Laurenk!

Your pear is so beautiful in the emilya! Are you still loving it?

I have had that setting in my head for a round since I saw Frankie's 3 ct H round in it. It started my sway towards round stones (from cushion). The stone is 10.09 x 10.16 x 6.35

I have NO idea on the ETA. I think he originally said a couple of weeks. However, I don't really know when he started on it.
Hi! Yes totally love my pear and cannot stop staring at it! VCs work is immaculate and dainty and the comments I've received have been so overwhelming that at times I'm sure embarrassed ( but not for long hehe).

Your ring will be out of this world and given the length of my pear is 10.23 I can only begin to imagine the finger Realestate coming your way!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!
Super excited for you. So glad a solution has been reached and the stone specs sound great.

I am also glad you have chosen the Sophia to frame your big and beautiful stone. I am afraid the vintage styles would be to big and thus take away from your big and beautiful stone. Looking forward to see the result!! Will you have a cathedral shank? And pave on the shank as well? Victor's pave is incredibly smooth. You will be amazed.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw your completed Emilya CER ring on social media! Beautiful! :love: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! What a stunning result! When will you receive your beauty? What an epic ring :love:
Happy waiting :appl:

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks great on victor's post. We need hand shots as soon as possible! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results