Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Just started a custom cut with Victor Canera!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
After much thought and searching, we decided to do a custom cut Canera European Round for my upgrade. Victor found the rough stone last week. It's being cut right now. So excited!!! Ok...95% excited....5% nervous.

Here's a picture of the 14.34 carat rough:

_37982.jpg
 

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
10,042
Wow!!! How exciting for you poshmommy.

What is the expected carat weight once the rough is cut? I can indeed imagine your are both excited as well as super nervous. Happy waiting!!
 

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
9,531
Wow!!!! That is SO exciting, what colour, clarity and size roughly do you expect to end up with?
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
34,018
Ooh excited for you! Victor is an artist. Can't what to see what he creates for you. :appl:
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,019
Very excited for you, the wait will be tough but well worth it :appl:
 

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
10,489
So exciting!! What's the estimated carat weight/color? So unique to have a custom stone cut just for you :)
 

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
lovedogs|1470337069|4062555 said:
So exciting!! What's the estimated carat weight/color? So unique to have a custom stone cut just for you :)
This rough will yield 2 diamonds. Mine is estimated at 4.3, I, VVS2. The other will be a 2.5 carat for Victor's stock.
 

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
246
poshmommy|1470346269|4062609 said:
lovedogs|1470337069|4062555 said:
So exciting!! What's the estimated carat weight/color? So unique to have a custom stone cut just for you :)
This rough will yield 2 diamonds. Mine is estimated at 4.3, I, VVS2. The other will be a 2.5 carat for Victor's stock.
OH EM GEE. This is SO exciting! What is the timeline? Any ideas as to how you'll set this beauty?
 

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2014
Messages
386
:appl: I am so excited for you! Thanks for letting us follow along on your adventure.
 

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
344
poshmommy|1470346269|4062609 said:
lovedogs|1470337069|4062555 said:
So exciting!! What's the estimated carat weight/color? So unique to have a custom stone cut just for you :)
This rough will yield 2 diamonds. Mine is estimated at 4.3, I, VVS2. The other will be a 2.5 carat for Victor's stock.

How exciting! :dance: Is the 2.5 ct diamond also going to be a Canera OEC with the same specs (I, VVS2)?
Does Victor give a percentage of each color and clarity possibility like GOG, or just the expected outcome?
Thanks for allowing us to share the journey with you!
 

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
Skhii|1470385612|4062713 said:
poshmommy|1470346269|4062609 said:
lovedogs|1470337069|4062555 said:
So exciting!! What's the estimated carat weight/color? So unique to have a custom stone cut just for you :)
This rough will yield 2 diamonds. Mine is estimated at 4.3, I, VVS2. The other will be a 2.5 carat for Victor's stock.

How exciting! :dance: Is the 2.5 ct diamond also going to be a Canera OEC with the same specs (I, VVS2)?
Does Victor give a percentage of each color and clarity possibility like GOG, or just the expected outcome?
Thanks for allowing us to share the journey with you!
Yes, the 2.5 is expected to grade the same. He is going to do a canera European round with that one too. I believe it is available if you are interested! He said 75% chance of an I. 25% chance of a J. I think they were pretty certain on the clarity, but there is always a slight chance of up or down a grade. I would be fine with a VS1 or better. Yes, before we committed on the stone he gave me the expected ranges and prices for the 2 most likely outcome. I get a discount if it comes back a J.
 

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement!! It's so much more fun to have a place like this with like minded people when going through a big purchase like this! None of my real life friends are much into diamonds. And there's only so much dear hubby likes to hear about it! Y'all rock!!
 

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 2, 2015
Messages
2,319
How exciting!! I know the feeling of anticipation and excitement coupled with some trepidation, LOL. I can't wait to see the beauty that comes out of that amazing piece of rough!!!!

What setting will you put your glorious diamond in? :naughty:
 

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
3,683
How fabulous! We will all be waiting in anticipation of the final product! I think any VC setting with single cuts to match your CER will look amazing! :appl:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,631
Can't wait to see this one! I think it will be the largest newly cut, ideal cut OEC ever! :appl:
 

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
I really love the Emilya halo. It's been stuck in my head since Frankie posted her 3 ct vc ring. However, I think I'll see what suggestions Victor has when he gets the stone in hand. And I'm always open to suggestions from the forum. Y'all have come up with some amazing ideas!!
 

Bayek

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,680
that is so cool!!! wish it were me.. it's going to be beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :dance: :dance:
 

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
149
WOW!!! :love: How exciting!!! I haven't been on in several weeks and this was my first thread I happened upon! BOOOYAAAA!!!! :dance:
 

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
318
I know this is going to sound cheesy, but it would be so neat if another PS-er buys the "sister" stone from your rough! You would kind of be like diamond fraternal twins! Can't wait to see the outcome!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,560
Congrats! :wavey: Can't wait to see this ring it will be amazing!... :appl:
 

Christinak

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 2, 2016
Messages
68
Wow you are so lucky! Can't wait to see this diamond and the ring Victor creates. Its going to be amazing!
 

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
130
Since you're open to setting ideas... How do you feel about the Jocelyn for rounds? I think it's absolutely brilliant and with my tiny fingers (4.5) I think I prefer a solitaire for my eventual 2+ct. S.O. likes the cushiony Emilya for a round, so I think I'll let him choose in the end, but I really love that Jocelyn! Victor has a video of it in rose gold (my preferred metal) with a 4.3 round on his instagram account if you want to see it in action. :love: :love:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,631
dazzlerazzle|1472511581|4071279 said:
Since you're open to setting ideas... How do you feel about the Jocelyn for rounds? I think it's absolutely brilliant and with my tiny fingers (4.5) I think I prefer a solitaire for my eventual 2+ct. S.O. likes the cushiony Emilya for a round, so I think I'll let him choose in the end, but I really love that Jocelyn! Victor has a video of it in rose gold (my preferred metal) with a 4.3 round on his instagram account if you want to see it in action. :love: :love:
You will hopefully wear this for the rest of your life! YOU choose which setting you like the most and tell him!
 

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 21, 2016
Messages
133
Sounds like an incredible project! Curious to hear/see how the process unfolds.

Please excuse my ignorance, but Is it normal to go from 12 ct to a 4.3 and 2.5 when cutting from a rough diamond? Can they also make melee or other accent stones out of the left-over rough, or does it generally all just turn to useless by-product?
 

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
541
I wish I had an update to give! Victor has been checking on the process every few days and it's still not done. He didn't want to make them feel rushed. So still waiting....
 

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
953
poshmommy|1474698554|4080208 said:
I wish I had an update to give! Victor has been checking on the process every few days and it's still not done. He didn't want to make them feel rushed. So still waiting....
Ohhh!!! The anticipation must be intense! Cannot wait to hear/see more!!!! Hope you're hanging in there ok!!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top