shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered my diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo! I''m trying not to do the diamond dance--I''ll wait for that until I actually see it in person. Ended up going with DCD--soooo excited to see my 1.78 EC baby! Thanks everyone here for all the help thus far. Now, if I like this diamond (I have an appt. with a "true" independent appraiser on Thurs) I''ll be working on designing a setting. To reiterate, WOOOO HOOOO!!!
emotion-19.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! Now, what are the specs, we need details!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Specs! Specs! Specs!! And can you snap a picture before you hand it off to the appraiser?!?!?! Ahh, living vicariously...

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the specs. How do I insert a pic? Thx!

EC GIA certed diamond
1.78 CT
G color
SI clarity 9.01 X 5.98 X 3.74
62% table
62.5% depth
med girdle
no culet
vg polish
vg symmetry
no fluor.
10% crown height

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats! No pics
8.gif
tho.....I love EC''s!!

cheers--Sharon

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 4:23:38 PM
Author: amytude
Here''s the specs. How do I insert a pic? Thx!

EC GIA certed diamond
1.78 CT
G color
SI clarity 9.01 X 5.98 X 3.74
62% table
62.5% depth
med girdle
no culet
vg polish
vg symmetry
no fluor.
10% crown height

Sounds lovely! To insert a pic, if you have it on your harddrive, then you have to make sure it is one of the accepted types of files (gif,jpg,pdf,png,txt,jpeg ), and that it is no larger than 100,000 bytes (~97KBytes). When you are replying, click on the attach file button at the top left of the reply box. This will let you browse to the file on your computer. The file must have a name that does not already exist on the server...if it is named simply ''diamond'' chances are there is already another one on the server. If you name it ''amytudediamondfor show'', chances are you will be fine! You cannot copy and paste from your computer, but this method of browsing and upload/attaching is pretty simple.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t see the attach file button!
emembarrassed.gif
Here''s one pic:

amytudesrock.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA! that is very pretty! I hope it looks as nice inperson...nothing like finally choosing the stone to make everything seem right in the world...at least for a few minutes!
emsmile.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! It''s simply gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, awesome etc.... Hope it''s the same in person. Good luck with the appraiser!
36.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
amytude-----------oh my gosh we have twin diamonds...............my has the sharper corners like yours and i love it (and wasnt sure i would at first) just picked my ring up today!

amytude

Shiny_Rock
I am sooo excited--my stupid cc company declined the charges--eventually it got straightened out, but now I won''t get it tomorrow--it will be wed..
emcry.gif
Oh, the injustice!!! Seriously, though, can''t wait to see it in person. Windowshopper--pls post on show me the ring soon!!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 5:29:39 PM
I am sooo excited--my stupid cc company declined the charges--eventually it got straightened out, but now I won''t get it tomorrow--it will be wed..
emcry.gif
Oh, the injustice!!! Seriously, though, can''t wait to see it in person. Windowshopper--pls post on show me the ring soon!!!!
oh and it looks ASTOUNDING!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not that used to seeing ECs with those dramatic amazing cut corners like that, and that is STUNNING!!! Looks a lot like the new Mrs. Trump''s bauble!

A stone like that would make me forget about my asscher-lust post haste!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

pigmimi

Rough_Rock
How on earth do I ask a question on this site. Please help!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shape is absolutely lovely and not very common at all. Can''t wait to see those corners graced by some double claw prongs
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shape is no doubt unique but boy do does steps mesmerize me.
30.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
YES THE STEPS ARE INCREDIBLE--SOME OF THE BEST IVE SEEN!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What setting do you have in mind ?

This is one thing that might hapen to those deep cut and angled corners
31.gif

CutCorners.jpg

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Well, Ana, I think I want my band to have pave, but I don''t want many (or any) "side stones". I don''t want the look of a 3 stone ring and I want to showcase my solitaire. I LOVE windowshopper''s new ring, but I would do mine without the traps. I would also love for it to "swoop up" (sorry, I''m trying to describe things w/o having the proper terminology). Is that called a cathedral setting? Anyway, I''ve actually been looking at settings for at least a month and I''m having trouble finding what I want. Clear as mud???
emotion-40.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2005 12:45:13 PM

I think I want my band to have pave, but I don't want many (or any) 'side stones'.
...I LOVE windowshopper's new ring, but I would do mine without the traps.
...I would also love for it to 'swoop up'
It doesn't sound like somethign "off the rack". If there is a paved cathedral out there, I haven't seen one yet. Besides, the stone might never fit closely between the tapering sides of the setting unless the setting is made to fit... I hope you feal good about custom work.

THIS seems the closest to your description. The tips of the "cathedral" sides next to the diamond do not have to get pointy, if you so wish. The next setting has them flat next to the sides of the stone... for example.

THIS ONE tappers up, has some pave and would fit an EC (because the stone sits on a basket setting, basically. Assuming yours would have the band paved all over, does it come close ?

It may be that these are designer settings (so you could identify them somewhere else, exactly the same), not custom made by Icestore. It happens
2.gif

Also, I think Precissionset might have just the thing. Their channel set cathedral setting for emerald cuts is made with baguettes, but there might be a paved model as well - there seem to be quite a few versions, and not all are online.

DeMarco

Rough_Rock
Do you have any idea who you will use to help you design a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results