shape
carat
color
clarity

Just need some comforting words

lulu

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't have to be trial and error with antidepressants anymore. There is genetic testing available through a company called genesight that will target the most effective antidepressant for you. Her shrink can do the test in his/her office.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AG,

Are you in therapy? Are you and your daughter in therapy? If you are her only lifeline and she is texting you constantly, that really is too much...for you. There is a lack of boundaries there. She needs to be building coping tools of her own so that she can self soothe. It seems right now that she is looking for you to soothe her and that can be a very unhealthy and enmeshed situation. You two will probably need some therapy to be gently teased apart at this point.

Depression and anxiety can affect normal development. Her's sounds pretty severe. Have you done the non-medication stuff? VERY high quality fish oil (nothing from Costco or target you are looking for tons of EPA and DHA) no processed foods, no white sugars, flours, etc, regular exercise, good sleep hygiene, no triggering tv shows or music or people, etc. Find what triggers her anxiety?

Also, all over pinterest are coping/self soothing tool boxes. She can build one to help. she can go to it when she is having problems.

My therapist is trying to teach me that depression doesn't have to be all bad. I don't experience it often because I have Bipolar I and run more Manic...but when I do, whew doggie! She has said that many people do great things with their sadness. I am more of a "become one with the bed and starve myself to death" kind of gal. But there are people who can channel their sadness into music, art, stories, etc. Can she be one of those?

If all of this is tried....and she is still suffering, maybe you should consider meds?

If you decide to buy this swirl, get the super potency and buy it where you can get it refrigerated...not amazon. No fish taste, I promise. I give these to my 11 year old. You will need to research dosing for your daughter's age and condition for omega 3's and depression
http://www.barleans.com/swirls/fish-oil-omega-swirl-ultra-high-potency-key-lime-flavor-16oz-be16fkl

Best for the money that I could find. I take these.
https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formu...qid=1479321838&sr=8-1&keywords=jarrow+omega+3

A LOT of people have good luck with the Whole30 diet who have depression and anxiety. I definitely saw good results. One thing, Do eat plenty of fruits and sweet potatoes and potatoes. The brain needs carbs or it gets sad.
http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Last but not least...
Depression always passes! You know that from your own experience. When you come out from the other side, you always have a bit more knowledge about yourself than you did before. Your daughter will get through this and so will you!

P

PierreBear

I don't have much wisdom compared the other people who have already spoken up on the forum. I just pray that you and your daughter are able to get through this difficult time. The only tidbit I can mention is that I have a family friend who communicated she was having suicidal tendencies. They eventually pulled her out of a big public schooling and found a unconventional type high school that provided more flexibility that allowed her to thrive a bit better. Hopefully ya'll can find the next steps that are just right for you. Hugs and best wishes. You are a great mom to even be concerned for her in this manner!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that depression does not always pass on its own. Many people, myself included, need an antidepressant for their entire lives and your daughter may be one of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results