shape
carat
color
clarity

Just engaged! Many ring pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for their help over the last few months.  I have learned a tremendous amount about diamonds during my short time on Pricescope.  I’d also like to thank Lesley Harris and everyone at Whiteflash for making the buying experience enjoyable.  I had a very strict set of requirements to meet, and a very short timeline, and they were able to meet and exceed them both.  Thanks again!

First off… The Proposal:

My fiancée, Lin and I had been in Hawaii on vacation for 1.5 weeks, and arrived back in Boston on the 29th.  We got off the red eye, packed our bags, and drove straight for her parents house in NJ.  That night, I spoke with her father, asking permission to marry his daughter.  I told him I planned to propose Saturday night, the 30th.  New Year’s Eve was always a huge celebration at her parents house with 65 members of her family (aunts, uncles, etc) there, so the proposal had to be that night (we live in Boston, and she only sees her family 4-5 times a year). 

When Saturday came, I called upon a good friend of mine who lives in Manhattan for help.   Lin and I made plans for dinner that night, and were going to meet up with my friend and his girlfriend after dinner and crash at his place in the city late night.  I casually suggested that we stop at his place before dinner and get changed there, and relax for a bit before we go out…   She agreed, so we drove to his place on the East side, and I dropped her and her clothes off while I went to park the car.  I drove right to a garage around the corner, dumped the car, and hopped in a cab to the W hotel in Union Square, and checked into a spectacular city-view room on the top floor.  I got 2 keys made, quickly inspected the room and hopped a cab back to my friend’s place.  In all it took 23 minutes from the time I dropped her off.  I grabbed a coffee, and went into my friend’s apartment, apologizing for my tardiness, and complaining about the line at Starbucks.

Once we got changed, we went for sushi at Bond St (our first date back in NYC) in SOHO.  While at dinner, my friend ran over to the W hotel in Union Square (armed with the extra key) and laid rose pedals all over the room, put a bottle of Dom on ice, a CD of our favorite songs in the CD player, and moved our luggage (which we’d left at his place) into the closet .  After dinner, we casually walked towards Union Square, and I made a bogus call to  my friend and asked where he wanted to meet up for drinks, etc. I then told Lin that he wanted to meet up at Under Bar (which is the bar under the W), but that he was running a bit late.  Lin and walked into Union Square park, and sat on a bench and "waited" for my friend to show up.   That''s when I proposed…  After she said YES, the first thing she mentioned was how she didn’t want to spend the night on my friend’s couch.  That’s when I announced that I had a room at the W.  We went up to the room, and she was greeted by an amazing floral display, bottle of bubbly, and our favorite songs on in the background.  She was flabbergasted.  She then proceeded to call everyone in her phone book, and tell the same story a dozen times over the next few hours.

BTW, when she saw the ring she was stunned, blown away, speechless, etc.  She couldn’t believe how amazing it was, how much it sparkled, and how large and white it was.  =)  I did good apparently (which I was told many, many times the next night at the family NYE party).

Anyhow, onto the pictures!

The setting is Whiteflash''s 6 prong Tiffany setting in platinum.  The band was shaved to make it thinner, to more closely match the classic Tiffany setting.

The stone is an AGS certified, 2.37 ct, E color, eye-clean SI1. 

This is the finished product picture that Whiteflash sent me:

I took these the night before in her parent''s basement in dim lighting (trying not to wake anyone, so they are a bit dark.  Plus I''m not so great with the digital camera). 

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! The ring is lovely and I''m sure your fiancee is thrilled :)

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Pics from the hotel room right after she accecpted my proposal!

Calling all her friends:

The thing looks great even from a distance:

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Some pics from the next day in the sunlight:

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
And finally... the specs on the stone:

Ideal Scope:

40x magnification:

Sarin Report:

HCA Score:

AGS Cert:

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
oh its so pretty!

she looks so happy in those pics! congrats
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did very good and you can tell by your sweeties smile!!!
Beautiful stone!

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
She looks so happy! Congrats to you both.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. It is huge. Looks beautiful on your fiance''s finger. She is absolutely adorable too. Congratulations to you both.

Linda

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 9:35:22 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, you did very good and you can tell by your sweeties smile!!!
Beautiful stone!

Thanks! We''ve both been on cloud 9 since Saturday night... Its a very surreal feeling!
9.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring, and looks stunning on her. You made a great choice!
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is my new favorite ring!!!! I love it''s classic style, and the stone is the perfect size!! Congrats!!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww that is soooooo sweet :) How thoughtful of you - you timed everything just right!! Good for you :) She''s beautiful... you''re both very lucky indeed!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ll just type what I said outloud when I saw it "WOW!" That''s stunning.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
VERY well done - Classy!

Congratulations!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
SNA77-The ring looks amazing and and she is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! SO CUTE!!!!

I love the ring and I am so glad you found PS and enjoyed Whiteflash!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is just perfection!!! You did a great job, congrats!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely well planned proposal. Your fiance is very pretty and that ring is just stunning!!! Congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! She looks thrilled, congratulations!!! What''s her finger size by the way, it looks huge on her hand!

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. 2.37 E color & clean SI1--now that''s a stone to aspire to! Dazzling!
30.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 10:27:20 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It's beautiful!!! She looks thrilled, congratulations!!! What's her finger size by the way, it looks huge on her hand!

Thanks! Her ring size is a 3.5. Its funny... I tried it on my pinky finger when it came in... Didn't looks so good on me.
2.gif

Date: 1/2/2007 10:34:56 PM
Author: Apsara
Stunning. 2.37 E color & clean SI1--now that's a stone to aspire to! Dazzling!
30.gif

I looked forever for that stone. Everything is about sacrificing somewhere with diamonds (well on my budget anyhow). Finding an AGS ideal cut, D-E, 2.25ct+, eye-clean SI1, for under $26k was NOT easy. =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful ring, fiancee and story. Well done!!!!

cheers--Sharon

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
drool drool drool...nice ring!!!

And congratulations!!

Jeannine

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! The ring is SOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!! It looks fantastic on her, and she looks so happy! It''s humongous...what a BEAUTY!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
What a beautiful story, and GORGEOUS ring!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I know you put a lot of effort into picking the ring of her dreams- so sweet!!! Enjoy this special time, and good luck!!!!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is just perfect! I love the classic elegance of a beautiful solitare!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, sna77! Your fiancee is a lucky woman! The diamond and ring you picked out for her is a KNOCKOUT! Classic and gorgeous!

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
That''s a gorgeous dazzler!

It''s funny because my husband also proposed at the W Union Square and Bond St is my local sushi joint. Small world, this island
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
VERY nice...She looks pretty happy!!!! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results