shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought this stone at GOG....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock

Just went to GOG and selected this stone. Jonathan is great, he went through all the details. And took his time.Let me know what u think... The stone looks awesome in real life. white and sparkles!

Shape: Round Hearts & arrows
Carat Weight: 1.06ct
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal*
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent*
Optical Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium
Girdle: 1.52%
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 14811620
In House: Yes
Width: 6.57mm
Length: 6.60mm
Depth: 4.04mm
Table Percentage: 55.48%
Depth Percentage: 61.36%
Crown Ú: 34.44‹
Crown Depth: 15.12%
Pavilion Ú: 40.84‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.08%
Upper Girdle Ú: 42.06‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.10‹
Thanks guys!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Looks great!!!!!!! Congratulations.........are you having the stone set???

Don''t forget pictures when it''s all done!!

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am so nervous about it (is it big enough, is it good quality, is she going to like it, is it a nice stone??) Im going crazy!
19.gif
lol

Yeah I think I may get a setting somwhere else, or one that I liked at GoG but was kinda expensive... I have to think about it.
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, looks like you picked a winner!!! She''ll love it, great job!!!
36.gif

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
I noticed the Fluorescence is medium on the GIA cert. But in person I didnt notice anything. Looks beautiful. Is this a bad thing to have in this diamond. In person the stone is really beautiful. I am kinda worried though cause most of the other stones on GOG dont say Fluorescence: Medium.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as it doesn''t make the stone appear milky or cloudy it''s fine. I have it in my stone and actually love it. I also have it in the asscher I bought from GOG and it''s gorgeous. No worries, you''ve seen it and it''s gorgeous. This is a very big purchase for you and it''s normal to worry. But there is nothing to worry about with this stone.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY NICE! And with the color the flourescence is a plus... I would want med blue in a stone. I like the look personally. She will love it. AND you got to go to GOG in person!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken
Congrates!
No worries she will love it.

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
thanks.......so these stats look good? im just nervous.... gog, is a great place ...... jonanthen is so helpful.....thanks all!
2.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
The stats look great!! It looks like a great place to be...the H should be very white/the SI helps to make it a good value!!
It''s normal to be a bit nervous after such a big purchase........if you have any more questions, be sure to ask Jonathan next week...he''s used to it, I''m sure.........!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Relax, she''ll love it and you made an excellent choice. If you have further questions call Jonathon after the Holiday weekend. It''s normal to feel nervous after making a big purchase such as this as I stated earlier tonight. Let''s talk about how you will set it. Any ideas of what you want??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kaleigh is definitely right!

Let talk settings... what do you want for this diamond?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats !!! love everything about the stone from the infor you posted.
30.gif
36.gif
job well done.
2.gif

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
haha, thanks.... im just super crazy when it comes to this stuff (hence the user name)... I am thinking about a channel setting, white gold, setting. She told me she likes the channel settings. I am just not sure what one. I dont want the diamond to be so high and when you look at it from the side it looks shallow and just like a chip or something..... (remember I am insane. I over analyze and over worry about everything.)

Thanks everyone, and be sure once I get it all done. You will get many digital pics of it posted on here.

Thanks again!
InsaneMembrane
19.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
So......you said you saw a setting (expensive) at GOG...

What did it look like???? We might be able to help you find something else that is similar.........do you know who makes it???

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
Solasfera makes it, I dont see it on GOG's site. it is 92 facets per stone on the setting, I think its .44 points and its about $1260. Not 100% sure so dont quote me on it. but its nice (I think) but I worry if my GF, thinks so..... ugh get me a tums.... :)

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Anything like this?????? This is a solasfera setting from their site.......

Ring05_m__i.jpg

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
Thats not it. I went throught all the settings on there site. and did not see it as I saw it in there store. I did however see that one in there store. This one has smaller diamonds and has kinda a bumpy bumps around the( dont know the word ) edge. I cant really explain it. I might go check it out again at GoG next week. I do appreciate you taking the time to research that for me though, Thank you very much. I appreciate everyones help. I am just over worried about my selection of the stone. I just hope its good quality and shes gonna love it.

Thanks again everyone, you guys ROCK (pun intended)
30.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
The "bumpity - bump" is milgrain, and I have seen solasfera settings with it - they are very nice.....You did mention worry about HER liking it.......do you know what she would like re: a setting?
If not, it might be best to get a very simple/inexpensive setting and let her help choose what she really likes in the future.........

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
I know she likes channel settings. I have a good idea. If I buy a setting at some other mom and pop shop, that might be inexpensive would I have them set the stone, or should I have GOG set it with the mom and pop setting? There is a small inclusion on the stone that can be covered with a prong Jonathan said. Should I have him set it. Or he wont set some other places bought setting?

Thanks!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 11:03:02 PM
Author: Carlotta
The ''bumpity - bump'' is milgrain, and I have seen solasfera settings with it - they are very nice.....You did mention worry about HER liking it.......do you know what she would like re: a setting?
If not, it might be best to get a very simple/inexpensive setting and let her help choose what she really likes in the future.........
Sure sounds like milgrain to me. I think the idea of putting it in a temporary solitaire setting is a great idea. Then you guys can pick out a setting together and you won''t need the Tums, hehe. Cause she will pick out what she wants. People do that all the time and it really is the best of both worlds.
2.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 11:07:34 PM
Author: InsaneMembrane
I know she likes channel settings. I have a good idea. If I buy a setting at some other mom and pop shop, that might be inexpensive would I have them set the stone, or should I have GOG set it with the mom and pop setting? There is a small inclusion on the stone that can be covered with a prong Jonathan said. Should I have him set it. Or he wont set some other places bought setting?

Thanks!
31.gif
Sometimes stores don''t like to set stones purchased somewhere else for liability reasons - just in the rare case that a stone would get damaged during setting.....and I think GOG states a policy on the website re: they will use another setting IF you get it approved by them first (show them what it is, etc).
I know you worked w/Jonathan on the stone? Did he show you the setting, too?
You might want to e-mail/call Marie next week re: settings......that''s what she does there all of the time........she could probably give you some other suggestions......Did you do a search on their website for settings? You could look at some of the channel set settings, and request price quotes for them........they carry other brands, or Marie could help you find anything you want..........or she could clarify their policy about using a setting purchased elsewhere........

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
Yea I looked at channel settings with Marie, she helped alot. I just am too wound up. I dont know what to choose. I am not even thinking about the money at this point. I am just thinking about what my GF would like the most. Shes really not one of these girls who are picky really. She wont be like " 1.06 carats! thats it!" " You got me that setting!?". But I just want her to be really blown away with the whole thing. I think I just need a nap. And to sleep on it. I appreciate you guys help and will be in touch tomorrow for sure on here with more questions/comments for you all. Thank again everyone. I seriously appreciate the help.

Thanks!
19.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I think you should have GOG set it in a simple solitaire and let your GF know its a temp setting. This way, she can pick out the setting of her dreams
face23.gif

just my 2cents,
Lyn

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
I am just worried, the stone in person looks great. Do you guys think I picked a winner. (sorry for keep asking lol)
face13.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 9:52:58 PM
Author: InsaneMembrane
I am just worried, the stone in person looks great. Do you guys think I picked a winner. (sorry for keep asking lol)
face13.gif

YES! I promise we are not blowing smoke up your .... well you know. The numbers are solid. BUT the most important thing is how it looks in person. Your lady isn''t going to be staring at the cert all day. She is going to be looking at the diamond. Trust yourself... it''s going to knock her socks off.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey...Storm said your stone is "kicken"..what more could you ask that that??!!! (I vote for the plain tiffany setting and let her pick out her dream setting later. Most of us are having a hard time picking out a setting for ourselves, so no wonder you are having a hard time picking one out for someone else!)

InsaneMembrane

Rough_Rock
Thanks!... Yea I think shell love it. But i am a overly worrysome person... I am going to look at some channel settings. where are some good places to looks, what if I get one, and bring it to GOG will johnathan set it for me?

Thanks!
23.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signed Pieces. I think they (GOG) will set your stone as long as they think it is safe setting.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and the SuperbCert Tiffany channel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results