shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny and Bliss, this thread is for us!
9.gif
And anyone else who happens to become just barely pregnant, in the space between the TTC thread and the Preggo thread. I suppose I''ll feel more comfortable in the preggo thread once I''ve had a blood test....it still seems so surreal!!

Based on ovulation date, I''m 3 weeks 4 days today. :) Have been peeing a lot, bb''s starting to get tender..peed on another stick today just to make sure (LOL)....yep, second line is still there! Haven''t really had any nausea to speak of yet (KNOCK ON WOOD).

How are you ladies feeling?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HOUMedGal, you rock!

Yay! And welcome anyone just barely knocked up! I'm so happy to be a proud JBP!!!!
36.gif

Houie, (do you mind if I call you that?) I am so excited for you. I just knew from the moment you posted about your symptoms that you were preggo like me! I was waiting for you to get your BFP!!!!

Based on ovulation date, I'm just over 2 weeks. You know what the weird thing is? Now that I've moved on from the TTC literature to the KTFU literature, I am learning a whole new world of info! I had NO idea that people counted pregnancy based on their first cycle day. So that would make me starting week 5 of pregnancy. I had no idea!

Are you getting vaccinated? No one would vaccinate me because I'm pregnant! So now I have to go get a letter from my OBGYN stating that it's OK. Whew! Who knew??? I was turned down twice! Once at my GP's and also at work for flu shots! I plan on getting the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 vaccine as well. Hopefully, they will have thimerosal free vaccines!

So... you've been peeing a lot, too? Me, too! BBs are super tender... I feel like I need to buy a bra for bed, a bra for wandering around the house and a new one for work. ARGH. I peed on another stick, too!!!! Heehee. When will that urge go away? Now, it's just fun to. Before, it used to be exciting and stressful at the same time...kind of used to brace myself for the huge letdown. Now, I'm eager to see how dark the line gets!

I have fleeting nausea. You are lucky not to have it! I hope you never get it! And I feel constant twinges and little crampies at times. I know this baby implanted on my right side. I felt the ovulation twinge on my right side and then the implantation cramps were on the right as well. It sounds so nuts... I know! Sometimes I feel a twinge there and I point to the right side of my uterus and I'm like, "I see you, Baby! Yep!!! Let mama rest!"

Look how cute this photo is! I found it at this cool website that tracks the baby's growth week by week. I e-mailed it to DH and he was laughing. It's SO CUTE!!!!

My tummy feels tender at times... Sometimes I find myself walking gently on tiptoes to protect it. I'm so scared of losing this little bean. I love it so much already. Crazy, right? I am just filled with so much love for this baby. I already feel like I could easily give my life for this tiny little embryo... how can the heart grow so much so fast?

DH and I think our little bub looks like the Nintendo Wii guy in the game Big Brain Academy.

5-weeks-pregnant.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
And here is the Nintendo Wii guy in Big Brain Academy for comparison!

bba-art-wii-5-nwf.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Of course, I couldn't resist....

DH said he choked on his food when he saw this at work!

bigbrainacademywii.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
HOUMedGal?!?!? Are you serious?!?! Congratulations!!!

Bliss: That drawing is hilarious!! Also, they will go by your ovulation if you know exactly... otherwise, for those of us, who it was a surprise, they will go by the first day of our last period or the first ultrasound measurement.

So much happened this weekend! I really need to frequest TTC more often!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Congrats ladies!

Bliss! I didn''t even know you got married, forget that you were TTC!!! How exciting! Congratulations hun!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread Houmed!!!
36.gif
What a nice idea!! Again, congrats to you and Bliss and all the many that will be graduating from the TTC thread. with prayers their way...

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
awwww congrats houmedgal! so excited for you and your hubby!

bliss - that is hilarious! my hubby would totally get a kick out of that!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats ladies!!! HMG, great idea for a thread..!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats houmedgirl, newshiny and bliss!! yay!!

i know the feeling. i lurked for what seems like forever before actually posting in the preggo thread.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Meresal!
Thanks!!! If it's by ovulation, I'm 2 weeks, three days. If by first day of our last period, gulp...5 weeks. I know we have to be careful the entire term, but is the riskiest part the first 3 months counting ovulation or the first day of your last period? I know it's a small discrepancy, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Just so scared to lose this bebe! Yes, TTC was hoppin'! Please pop in and send baby dust! There are so many incredible mommies to be in there.
28.gif
They'd love to see ya, I know!

Bia!
What's up??? HEY! I know, I totally did it in a whiz bang fashion, eh? Time flies! And now I'm knocked up. It's crazy, I agree! Thank you so much. How are you doing? I've missed u!

Kayleigh!
Isn't HOUie the best? We really hope more TTCers will join asap! I feel November will be a busy month on the TTC thread!

gingerB:
Did you put a dress on your gingerbread man???? I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! Thanks so much. I feel we have a similar sense of wacky humor...
31.gif

Mara:
THANKS!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!! You've always given SO much good advice and tips on everything to make life better for us in every way, really.... you're a wealth of information, really GOOD information. So I'm just honored to be among some of the most intelligent ladies on PS. And I learn so much! I'm so glad you're preggo so I can learn a lot along the way! Wishing you a healthy and happy rest of your preggo time and a seamless, fantastic delivery!

jcrow:
Thank you! And congratulations to you, too!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you understand. It's the scariest time ever... I'm almost trying not to get too excited because I'm afraid to get too attached. I want to meet this bebe at the end of this journey. I already love him/her! Wishing you a healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy and wonderful, seamless delivery!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, congrats guys! I remember how scary it was to make the jump from the TTC thread to the prego thread (and then over the the newborn one!). This is such an exciting time! Enjoy it! Sticky dust to all!

Bliss, if you count by ovulation, you actually add 2 weeks to how far past ovulation you are. Basically it''s like counting from your LMP, but adjusting for ovulation on a day other than day 14. If you ovulated on day 14, your LMP EDD and your O date EDD would be the same. So, for example, you would be 4w3d using your O date.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HouMedGal, are you feeling any changes in your belly? I know it's way early, but I am kind of mourning my flat stomach...because it's disappearing. It isn't quite as flat or even concave anymore; it mainly feels bloated, like I've eaten a very uncomfortably large meal that has yet to be digested. In the morning, it's flat but from my first meal to bedtime, it's bloated again! I can't wait for the cute pop out belly stage, but in the interim, I'm kind of freaked out by the changes in my body already. And the BBs are so sore I have to wear a bra to bed.

I'm also taking some time off from work to chillax as much as possible and rest at home. I've found that resting makes me more tired than being busy, though. Pregnancy exhaustion is so sneaky! It comes and goes so unexpectedly. Feel great one minute and then bam! Back aches and fatigue comes from out of nowhere.

I bought DH a book yesterday: Your Pregnancy: for the father-to-be by Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler. Out of all the papa books, this one I felt was most compassionate toward the mother. I really wanted him to understand the changes (emotional and physical) as well as anticipate our needs. And I really didn't want him to feel left out - it's very involved and explains everything in a great way.

I also bought What to Expect When You're Expecting, which curiously, comes in a gift set with a book on the first year. It was only $31 so I scooped it up as well.

I'm curious about The Birth Partner. I hear that's a great book for DHs as well... I didn't see it at the bookstore, but I might look up the reviews on Amazon.com!

Hope all you pretty mamas are having a great day!!!!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 10:51:42 AM
Author: robbie3982
Awe, congrats guys! I remember how scary it was to make the jump from the TTC thread to the prego thread (and then over the the newborn one!). This is such an exciting time! Enjoy it! Sticky dust to all!

Bliss, if you count by ovulation, you actually add 2 weeks to how far past ovulation you are. Basically it's like counting from your LMP, but adjusting for ovulation on a day other than day 14. If you ovulated on day 14, your LMP EDD and your O date EDD would be the same. So, for example, you would be 4w3d using your O date.

Robbie3982:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha!!!!
36.gif
Is that your Baby? So beautiful. I just can't wait! When I see cute babies now, I just want to stare and clap my hands in delight. It's just so incredible, so wonderful... so miraculous. I call my mom SO much these days. I'm always like, "Wow, is this how much you loved me?" It's so humbling.

THANKS AGAIN!!! You were the brainchild for this thread and it is SUCH a relief to post in here. It is of great comfort. Thanks, Robbie!!! Brilliant idea, sista!
36.gif
And congrats again!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations ladies
36.gif

What a beautiful and exciting time for you all. Lots of sticky dust and h&h 9 months!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats everyone--it''s another boom! I wonder if 2010 will be a girl or boy year! (this year was mostly boys and 2008 was mostly girls)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome! Dreamer actually started the thread and then I started a new one when we had another huge group of BFPs at once.

ETA: Yup, that's my DS! Thanks!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 11:58:58 AM
Author: robbie3982
You''re welcome! Dreamer actually started the thread and then I started a new one when we had another huge group of BFPs at once.

ETA: Yup, that''s my DS! Thanks!

Hahahahahaha! He is so gorgeous it makes me laugh with joy! You are soooo blessed!

Thanks for the info and for checking in!!!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 11:31:17 AM
Author: janinegirly
congrats everyone--it''s another boom! I wonder if 2010 will be a girl or boy year! (this year was mostly boys and 2008 was mostly girls)

I am hoping for a girl, but I would also love a boy. I have a feeling we''ve got a boy, though! It''s my magic eight ball bias.
31.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 11:26:30 AM
Author: fiery
Congratulations ladies
36.gif

What a beautiful and exciting time for you all. Lots of sticky dust and h&h 9 months!

FIERY!!!! wowoowowwowowowow.... your baby is soooooo beautiful, too!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Wow, babies make me so excited to have one of my own!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again ladies. Lots of sticky dusts.

Bliss
The comparison of the embryo to the big brain academy guy is hilarious.

There''s something about mother''s intuition. Mines were right for both pregnancies, even though I thought this time was just wishful thinking on DH''s behalf.

Usually they count gestational age from LMP. Depending on your OB, s/he might account for the ovulation date (but most OBs don''t). Or they might just date you with an early u/s. Your due date will probably be around late July/early August. I got my BFP on 10/27 for Meena, and her EDD was 8/3 and actual birthday is 7/30.

Sorry for the bloating. It''s tough to see the flat tummy disappear in the beginning.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
qt...that flat tummy disappeared in NO TIME. it's like i didn't even have time to appreciate it anymore and then it was gone under bloat. i was just telling greg this wkd that i won't ever take it for granted again (assuming i can get it back!).

bliss...if you want a funny book for your hub as comic relief, get him 'my boys can swim'. it's a quick read and HILARIOUS. it's from a man's point of view. my hub's coworker lent it to him and we read it over the wkd and it was so funny.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki:
LOL!!! There is something to be said about intuition, isn't there? Thanks for the kind words about the bloating... I am having a hard time with it but happy that baby is getting all the room he/she needs.

Mara!
Yes! The flat tummy is GONE after the first meal of the day. And it stays that way. I don't mind having a baby bump and would be overjoyed to have the baby bump and get huge later on. It's the stage *before* the baby bump that is hard because no one knows you're pregnant yet, and I feel very... linebacker-esque for my petite frame. Just stout in a weird way. I probably "feel" bigger than I am visually just because I feel so tight and bloated in my own skin.

I'm used to wearing very form fitting and tailored outfits and now I feel too stout in the abdomen to wear them! It's just solid like a sausage, kind of. Not even a cute belly bump to speak of... It's just tightness from the chest down like the pic I just drew. Where did my soft curves go???
32.gif
And I feel so guilty saying that because I'm so overjoyed to be pregnant. It's just weird! The tummy used to curve in, gracefully and now I feel stout like a dachshund. Oh well, dachshunds are so cute!

zzzzzzpreggobodyzzzz.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Bliss your diagrams/pics are hilarious. i felt like a sausage immediately as well. but now i look back at pics from the first 10 weeks and am like damn, i was still pretty thin. NOW i am a sausage, if only i knew.
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats mamas to be. I found out I was preggo with T around 3 1/2 weeks! It sucked b/c it made my 41 week pregnancy LOOOOONG! I was so early it came up a faint positive at my doctor''s office so I had to have a blood test. I didn''t feel any sickness until around 7 weeks. I remember feeling worried. Enjoy it if you are feeling good! I started wearing maternity pants around 8-10 weeks (can''t remember) b/c I was SOOO bloated. It was horrible. Even though I lost 3 lbs during my first trimester I looked like I had gained 10 lbs. I started posting in the preggos thread (and telling people) when I was 6 weeks and some change. It was after my first u/s and we heard the heartbeat.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
bliss, you are just about the cutest thing around these parts! your enthusiasm is infectious!!! i hear ya on the early bloat, NOT FUN. but before you know it, your bloat will transform to an cute little belly bump!
36.gif

and yup, i did put a dress on my gingerBcookie -- for good reason. i figured somewhere out there someone had made a preggers gingerbread cookie -- lo and behold there she was....but GASP! she was dressed only in a bra and panties in order to best show off her expanding figure. so i figured that would be a bit too risque for this family friendly forum and therefore i dressed her
9.gif

can''t waitt o see you over int he official preggers thread!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
HouMed, thanks for starting this thread, and thanks for the BTDT mommies and mommies to be who have come by to offer your support.

I finally mustered up the courage to call the Dr. today. I''m getting bloodwork done tomorrow and have my first appointment late next week. My doctor''s office offered to get me in this week but I think it is still too soon. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. DH keeps reminding me that this is 100% out of our control.

I have been bloated too and my pants are already tight despite having lost a few lbs last month. Oh well. A small price to pay I suppose.

Bliss, I am loving your excitement! I will get super excited too - after the first trimester!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
like Tacori I found out at what I guess was about 4 weeks..I never quite figured all that timing out but I know conception date. I was amazed the dr wouldn't even see me until 8 weeks (they just assume it's all ok I guess!), but I said wanted to come in early since it was my first and we had just started trying and I had a lot of questions. So I got in at 5.5 weeks and just saw the new, 'empty' circle on the monitor...haha.

Anyway yes finding out early does make it seem sooo much longer and I think you are more stressed waiting out that 1st trimester. I was kind of wistful thinking gee too bad I couldn't miss like 2 periods then figure it out...I'd have all this blessed time of ignorance. LOL!

whoever said they were wearing preggo clothes at 8-10 weeks, my boss figured it out at around 12 weeks but she thought i was WAY further along. i was like jeez, its just BLOATING. man it made me feel huge.

Ginger i wanna see the original preggo cookie! hehee.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
HMG, NS and Bliss--congrats. It''s such an exciting feeling, isn''t it
36.gif

I am about 8.5 weeks along and already posted a few times in the preggo thread, so you can kick me out if you like
3.gif

Found out at about 3 weeks pregnant too. Took a "first response'' test as early as possible and got a faint line. Re-took the test a few days later and got the BFP clear as can be.

ohhhh, the bloat. Lovely lovely bloat (insert sarcasm). I am SO bloated and blocked up and it''s a terrible feeling. That combined with MS makes the days hard. If you avoid bad MS (i mostly did with my first!) consider yourself supremely lucky. I didn''t wear my first pair of mat jeans till around week 16 with my son, but i bet i''ll be in ''em by the next week or two with this bloaty pregnancy
5.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Bliss
I love you. You are so funny, and your excitement is contagious.

I found out at 4 weeks with both pregnancy, basically as soon as I missed my period. Last pregnancy, I didn't see the dr until 8 weeks. This time I went in at ~5 weeks, just because I called to make an appointment right after my BFP and they didn't ask for my LMP date on the phone. When I went in and told dr that I was about 5 weeks, he was like "are you sure?". I said yes. He did an u/s and said you are indeed pregnant (and) I don't usually get people so early. I thought that was funny.

Jas12
Maybe it's a girl this time with the bad m/s. I am prett lucky with almost no m/s for both pregnancies. DH's cousins were asking me how it felt, and I told them pretty good with no m/s. They said that I was meant to have more kids. LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results