carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey momma,

I am falling asleep here, so I will write more tomorrow, but I wanted to say just how cute all our little peanuts are! It's crazy that we all have these little miracles growing inside us. Yeah for being mommies :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Re:

OMG I had my first "im judging what you're eating while pregnant" comment today and FUMING!
I am out of town at a training for work, and decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and spill the beans to one of my bosses. I don't see her in person frequently, and knew she would take it well. Sooo, we were at a japanese steakhouse and she actually said, "so have you and your husband officially started the baby making??" And I said, "well, yes." And she automatically goes, "yay!" And I then said, "well, im actually 7 weeks now." And she just gives me a huge hug and tells me how thrilled she is for me. She asked if had any ultrasound pics (she just had a baby in sept) and so I showed her the picture pretty discretely.

Now here's the crazy part. The guy across from us at the table (who was drunk...not a part of our 4 person party) says, "so I hear we have a pregnant lady at the table!" And I just sort of look perplexed, and his (also drunk) wife says, "I saw you pull out that ultrasound picture. Congrats!" I thanked them, and continued conversion with the rest of my party. One guy had ordered some sashimi, and I decided to eat a piece of tuna. Now, I rarely eat sushi, but this place is known for having great sashimi. I've never been sick on it before, and felt confident it wouldn't do damage. The lady made a comment about me eating sushi, but I said how I've never had any issue before, so it should be ok, and she says, "yeah, when I was pregnant with twins I ate mussles and raw oysters all the time!" And I said, "well, my moms doctor never told her to even quit smoking!" And laughed it off.

Oh, it gets better. I ordered scallops with COOKED egg sauce. Not raw. And she yells from across the table, "the pregnant lady is getting egg sauce? Seriously?" And I just look at her and said, "Im sorry, I didn't realize that I was being judged by my food choices. You know nothing about me, anf I don't think you have any right to discuss my meal choices." She pretty much ate her shoe right there and had nothing to say.

I have been very careful about anything Im consuming. I'm consuming trace amounts of caffeine if any, have taken 1 mucinex for this cold, taking my vitamins religiously, no soft cheeses, and no lunch meat. Im stunned, but I guess I better get used to rudeness. People need to learn tho, don't mess with this preggo, I bite back.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey mommies,

I am falling asleep here, so I will keep it short. But, I just wanted to say how adorable all our little peanuts are! I think we are all so lucky to be expecting such cute little babies! Yeah for being mommies! :bigsmile:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Charbie, that is just ridiculous! Some people just have no manners. :nono: :nono:

Many of those traditionally taught eating restrictions are really overly cautious and some OBs don't even mention them anymore. My friend is recently pregnant, and ordered lunch meats for lunch the other day, she said her OB was fine with it as long as it was place she was familiar eating at.

But yeah, you could be swilling rum and chain smoking crack rocks and I wouldn't dream of saying a thing. :saint: Not my business.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

MakingTheGrade|1296011758|2833178 said:
Charbie, that is just ridiculous! Some people just have no manners. :nono: :nono:

Many of those traditionally taught eating restrictions are really overly cautious and some OBs don't even mention them anymore. My friend is recently pregnant, and ordered lunch meats for lunch the other day, she said her OB was fine with it as long as it was place she was familiar eating at.

But yeah, you could be swilling rum and chain smoking crack rocks and I wouldn't dream of saying a thing. :saint: Not my business.
Exactly! My OB gave me no food restrictions! Didn't even mention it.
Japanese women in Japan don't stop eating raw fish! And its not like I was getting it from some dumpy grocery store and eating prepacked scary crap! It was high quality meat, in a small proportion! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

HAHAA.. that is hilarious Charbie! She was drunk, what are you going to do? But good for you for talking back at her. Put her in her place. You are my kind of woman!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

THIS!

charbie said:
People need to learn tho, don't mess with this preggo, I bite back.

I love it!!! You tell them mama! WTF, mind your own damn business! Glad you're doing well, friend.

I didn't know that pregnant women can't eat lunch meats. Why's that? And why can't they eat soft cheeses? In the cheese shop I frequent keep talking about some law in the states (maybe it's just IL) that shops cannot sell unpasteurized cheese, or it must be at least X days old or something.

Anyway, best of luck for you mamas. Keep baking your little angels.

January

Rough_Rock
Re:

Hi there beautiful mamas!

I realize this is a little unorthodox joining this thread as a "newbie!" I have lurked on PS for a long time, and posted very rarely but under a different name back in the LIW years!

I lurked on the TTC thread for several months while we were gearing up to start TTC. We went for it on month 1 (my December cycle), and I anticipated a BFN and that I would join the TTC thread with one month under my belt. Well, I was a "jerkstore" as they say!

So here I am at five weeks today! We got our BFP on Friday at about 15 DPO (and yes, it was my first test - I resisted!!) EDD is 9/27/11.

I have told two very close friends (like sisters), but outside of that, we are not "out" IRL. I'm finding I am craving a place to discuss with others experiencing this exciting/anxious time, and I really would love to join you ladies.

Thanks for creating an amazing community here, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

I do "know" many of you, and have delighted in your stories. After this introductory post I'll pop back in later tonight with notes to each of you. But for now, a blanket statement: ADORABLE U/S photos!!! :love: :love: Gotta love PS babies!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1296013129|2833200 said:
THIS!

charbie said:
People need to learn tho, don't mess with this preggo, I bite back.

I love it!!! You tell them mama! WTF, mind your own damn business! Glad you're doing well, friend.

I didn't know that pregnant women can't eat lunch meats. Why's that? And why can't they eat soft cheeses? In the cheese shop I frequent keep talking about some law in the states (maybe it's just IL) that shops cannot sell unpasteurized cheese, or it must be at least X days old or something.

Anyway, best of luck for you mamas. Keep baking your little angels.

lliang_chi, Here is some info on Deli meats, unpasteurized cheeses and Listeria. :)) http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/listeria.html

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I FINALLY have enough time to reply to everyone individually!!

Basil- Glad your last appt went well!!
Glad your preggo friend took your telling of the news well! Also glad your NT was well!

DC- Thanks for the well wishes!! I definitely understand the fatigue!!! Thankfully, it's kind of easing up for me now. Glad the NT went well and your got to see your turtle having fun in your womb! Your turtle is adorable!!!!!!

MS- Glad you got to see your bean on the NT!!!!! Your pic is adorable!!

Charb- I hope the house hunting goes well! Great pic of your bean!!! I hope your cold has subsided. Wow, how obnoxious that people would comment on what you eat! I'd be :angryfire: . You seem to have handled it very well, though, so many, many kudos to you!!!

Blen- Sorry about you and G being sick. How funny that the waitress guessed your pg, lol!!!

January- Welcome and congrats!!!!!!!!! Wishing you a H and H 9 months!!

AFM, trucking along at 11w1d! We scheduled out NT for Wednesday (After leaving 6 MESSAGES for the damn office :angryfire:, my OB finally called and got them to call me back. I'm excited to see bean, and to see how he or she has grown! I'm feeling good, fatigue has improved slightly, but (.)(.) are still sore. Has anyone ever heard of the nub theory? http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html Take a gander, I think it's pretty interesting. Based on bean's nub, I'm guessing pink. Anyone have any nub shots they want to share?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

princess, at my NT scan, they told me 98% girl based on the nub theory. with my 2 boys, they told me they were all boy based on it. so i think if your bean is in the correct position and there is a good shot at the nub, then it can be pretty accurate, and also depending on the gestational age of the bean as well. i had my NT can at 12.5 weeks so they considered it to be pretty accurate and sure enough when i went back for my anatomy scan a few weeks later, SHE was still a SHE. but the NT scan is super fun regardless!!! i also think that some places will not tell you unless they are pretty sure of it. my u/s tech was super nice and she had a good feeling about it but also told me not to go out and buy pink just yet.

hope everyone is doing well!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh my goodness, Charbie. Some people really need to mind their own business. I would be fuming as well! Sorry about the cold. I currently have one as well and it sucks! I have not been well for more than 2 days since I found out I was pregnant a month ago!

Basil, so happy your last appt went well. So great to hear about all our miracles doing so well.

DC and Mrs, Very glad your NT scans went well. Did either of your techs take a guess at that anatomy?

Blenheim, Sorry your son is sick. Hopefully he gets well soon! I also had someone guess I was pregnant. I was like huh? How the heck can you tell?!

January, welcome and congrats to you!! Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Princessplease, so excited you get to see your bean soon at the NT scan! I don't have any stories of the nub theory but are you going to ask if they can tell the anatomy??

AFM, I am 8 weeks 5 days. I had my first ultrasound yesterday. Measuring one day behind but the tech said that's perfectly fine. The baby's heart rate was 181bpm! It was so cool because as soon as I saw the little peanut, he/she was moving all around. Looks like we have an active little one in there! hehe. We got to see the arm/leg nubs and everything. The tech also showed us the cord, the forming placenta and she even pointed out how you can see the nutrients flowing from me to the baby. It was AWESOME.

My next appointment is Feb 14th and the NT scan is Feb 21st. Can't wait to see our baby again!!

As for anyone I missed, I apologize. I am just now catching up as I have been sick (chest cold) and also been having evening sickness. Thankfully it's let up for the past 2 nights though. Thank goodness! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear how everyone and their beans are doing!

Baby8w4dUltrasound.png

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone, wanted to pop in and say hello! I will be 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow! I just got the positive HPT this week! I am scheduled for my first u/s on 2/17 when I am 7 weeks along. I am currently using progesterone suppositories as they seemed to work well when I was pregnant with my son. He is 21 months now. I am hoping to be able to see the heartbeat during the u/s in a couple of weeks. For anyone who had an u/s on or before 7 weeks did you see the heartbeat? It will make me feel better to see it! Wishing you all the best. Can't wait to get to know you all more!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Basil, I'm glad your blood work came back with good results - sorry your dr didn't give you more specific info about your numbers though! Anymore house hunting? how's that going?

Blen, sorry to hear you may be coming down with something! I hope you and G are feeling better. I agree with the others, your bump the first time around was so cute! I'm sure it'll be just as adorable this time around.

Charbie, what a cute bean you have growing there - love the u/s pic! I hope you're feeling better. So crazy that that drunk couple felt the need to insert themselves into your conversation and pass judgement on your eating choices! I'm so glad you put them in their place! It's exciting that you're house hunting. good luck with that!

iha, yay for a great u/s! love the pic. Sorry to hear you've been sick though - I hope you continue to feel better. The u/s tech for my nt scan didn't really try to see the gender which was disappointing but I'm hopeful we'll find out at my next appointment on feb 16th. thanks for asking

lizzy, congrats on your BFP!! I have a 22 mo old so our LOs will be about the same in terms of the age split. I have a friend with kids who are not quite 2 1/2 years apart and its seems great. sending sticky dust!

princess, cute pic! how was your NT scan?? Still thinking girl? That nub theory is interesting. i don't have a clear enough pic of our nub to make a guess. hope you're feeling well!

January, welcome!!! We're so glad to have you here with us! How wonderful that you were able to conceive so easily. Lots of sticky dust coming your way

dcg, that u/s pic is adorable! so cute! yay for a good nt scan. have you gotten the blood work back yet? Even though we're measuring ahead, my dr hasn't moved the due date. hope you're well!

modern, love your u/s pic too! thanks for sharing. that's funny that you haven't gained any weight too - probably has to do with your nausea which I hope continues to get better! I'm glad your nt scan sent well! have you gotten the blood work results yet?

moxie, not sure if you're still checking here or not but I wanted to say hi and see how you are! Hope all is well!

Dreamer, I know you've started posting more regularly in the prego board but wanted to say hi and say I hope you're feeling well too! I think Vienna is a beautiful name.

:wavey: to anyone I missed!

AFM: I finally have a new computer and our counters were installed yesterday :appl: so I feel like life is a little more back to normal. Our new sink / faucet still aren't hooked up but I feel better at least having a surface that isn't plywood to cook on and it looks great! I'm still waiting on the blood work from our NT scan. I hope to hear from them soon since it feels like the last barrier to telling people that we are expecting. I'm feeling fine though sleeping on my stomach isn't so comfy anymore which is a bummer. I'm really looking forward to my next dr's appointment in 3 weeks - I'm so hopeful that we'll find out what we're having.

My belly continues to look like I've just eaten way too many cheese burgers which I'm a little bummed about. I had hoped that I might carry lower this time around since I carried pretty high last time and never had that cute little bump that some people get. I just kind of get big all over. I guess it's good since I don't really look pregnant so it's easier to keep the secret for now but I envy those cute preggos with low bumps.

Anyway, I hope you're all well!!

Mrs

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks for the welcome Mrs.! I hope your blood work for the NT comes back soon so you can tell people. I'm sure you can't wait!

I was curious if anyone has asked their doctors about swimming in a chlorinated pool while pregnant. I swim once a week with my DS for half hour as part of a mommy and me class. It is an indoor pool at the local YMCA. Should be safe right? I might call my doctor tomorrow to confirm but I was curious if anyone else has looked into it.

AFM, the only symptom I have right now is sore bb's. I am expecting any day to have some nausea. I am armed with a ginger ale and saltines by my bed!!!

January

Rough_Rock
Re:

Hi mamas!

It's almost Friday! Whew, been a looong week. It's snowy and cold here in the midwest, and I'm feeling for folks on the east coast who are digging out again!

Blen - those belly pics are too darn cute. What an adorable bump! Sorry your little guy is sick. Can't believe the waitress called it!

Basil - super frustrating about the office not giving you the deets!

Dcgator - LOVE that you call your LO "our ninja turtle"! Haha! Perfect description. Adorable US pic!

Princessplease - awesome profile shot of your bean!! How cool! Thank you for the welcome and congrats :wavey:

Charbie - awesome that you got to see little "blob" bean! And I love that you made up your own due date. Also, I couldn't help but notice the title of your pic - are you a "wags"? That was the nickname my brothers and I all grew up with, it was an easy nickname for our last name. LOTS of jerseys, warm-ups, etc. embroidered with that all over our house. So cool! Ok, that story about the guy and his lady at the Japanese Steakhouse is completely ridiculous. Get a life, man! How rude! (insert Stephanie Tanner voice).

Modernsparkler - great pic of your little one! Awesome shot!

inhisarms - thanks for the welcome! Sounds like your US experience was amazing! How great that they went into so much detail with you.

Lizzyann - welcome! Congrats to you, mama! I wish I had an answer for you on the chlorine, but I really don't. I think your instinct is right to check with the doctor, but my initial thought would be that it shouldn't be a problem.

Mrs - thank you!! I really couldn't believe we conceived so quickly, and we are beyond thrilled and definitely realize how lucky we are. Praying for a sticky and healthy bean!

AFM - major symptoms are SORE SORE bb's. When I take my bra off to put my jammies on....owww! Very mild waves of nausea but they usually subside quickly as soon as I eat. I am 5 weeks 2 days today (I was apparently one day off!). I have a phone intake appointment with the nurse next week Friday, and our first visit with the doctor (where they will likely do a US) is at nine weeks on February 22. We are holding off on telling family until after that date - less than 4 weeks! We can't wait to see our little nugget. In the meantime, I'll just keep baking!

Have a great night, mommies! Sticky dust to all!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01|1296170658|2835108 said:
Thanks for the welcome Mrs.! I hope your blood work for the NT comes back soon so you can tell people. I'm sure you can't wait!

I was curious if anyone has asked their doctors about swimming in a chlorinated pool while pregnant. I swim once a week with my DS for half hour as part of a mommy and me class. It is an indoor pool at the local YMCA. Should be safe right? I might call my doctor tomorrow to confirm but I was curious if anyone else has looked into it.

AFM, the only symptom I have right now is sore bb's. I am expecting any day to have some nausea. I am armed with a ginger ale and saltines by my bed!!!

Tons of people recommend swimming as a great preggo exercise. Im sure its just fine, and probably encouraged.

January: yup, we are "wags!" Its a pretty easy last name to match first names with...flows easily. DH has been called Wags his whole life. We keep calling the blob "baby wags."

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Charbie: I realize I am a bit late to this party but ugh about the judgy people at the sushi restaurant. I think you did a nice job of handling them. Unfortunately, the next few months will likely bring more experiences like that so keep your sense of humor!

January: Congratulations!!! Welcome to the pregnancy club!

Princess: Glad you got the nuchal scheduled. It is so fun to see the LO moving around in there. I hadn't heard that nub theory before and unfortunately we didn't get any gender prediction at our nuchal but it was sure fun to see the baby in there!

IHA: Yay fot the awesome ultrasound! Hope you feel better soon.

Lizzy: Congrats on your BFP!!! I saw a hb at 6 weeks but it isn't reliably seen until about 6.5 to 7 wks.

Mrs: You had such a cute bump in the pics! I am sure it will be equally as cute this time! Still no results from the blood work but hopefully we will have them soon. It got sent out late last Friday and I am hoping I get the word by tomorrow.

:wavey: To everyone else!

I actually felt a bit better today and survived without the zofran. I will be 12 wks tomorrow :appl: :appl: :appl: so hopefully this is a good sign that the worst is over. We have started spreading the word now and it has been so fun to get the reactions from family and friends. I feel like I should graduate to the big girl thread but I will be back here too.
Hope you all have a good weekend. Happy Baking!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Modernsparkler, thanks for the warm welcome. I am excited to see my little one at 7 weeks. Any news on the blood work for your NT? It would be nice to hear some good news before the weekend I am sure! Congrats on 12 weeks!

Charbie, thanks for posting your thoughts on the swimming. I did call my Dr. office this morning and they confirmed the chlorine in moderation should be fine. How far along are you now Charbie? Any morning sickness?

January, thanks for your post. When I was pregnant for my son, I had very sore bb's as well. Motherhood Maternity sells a bra called a "Sleep Bra". It looks like a sport bra with a criss cross front. I found that this bra took away alot of the soreness as it gave the bb's support and kept them compressed which felt great. I wear mine during the day when I am home with my son and when I sleep. I bought 4 of them!!! Good thing is that they double as a nursing bra because they open up in the front. So I used them a TON when I was nursing. Mine isn't this exact one, but it is close. http://www.motherhood.com/Product.aspProduct_Id=975400361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

AFM, I am having a tough time keeping being pregnant a secret. I have only told my parents and my best friend. It is best that way because I had two m/c's before conceiving my son so I prefer to wait. But a couple of my friends know that we are trying to conceive again so a couple have asked me how it is going? I probably look like a deer in headlights. :shock: All I've been saying is that we are working on it and that my DH is enjoying all of the sexy time (Borat fan here)! :naughty:

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Re:

January and LizzyAnn - Welcome! Congrats to both of you.

Charbie - I swear that people infantalize pregnant women. And half the info that they think is right is wrong, to boot. Yeesh. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

Modern - I'm so glad to hear that the nausea seems to be getting a little bit better. Hooray!

I had someone else guess that I am pregnant today (7w1d). It's bizarre - I mean, I kind of look like I went overboard at Chipotle during lunch or something with all of the bloating, but if I saw me I would not assume I'm pregnant. It was a guy who I sometimes see at the work gym (works at a different company but same office building), and I haven't been going lately as DH and I have been trying to work out in the mornings together. He stopped me as I was passing by him today and said that he hadn't seen me at the gym lately, but that it's okay because you need to take it easy when you're pregnant. I just gave him this look and he kind of recanted, but then I decided to come clean with him, say that we weren't telling anyone as it's early, and ask him what made him assume. Evidently I had a couple of tells last time that let some of my more astute coworkers know, and I was hoping to prevent everyone from guessing really early this time. But evidently he just had it in his head that I was pregnant, then kind of looked me up and down and said that I looked great. I guess he meant that to mean I wasn't showing or anything? It was really weird. Oh, and speaking of people knowing what pregnant women should/should not be doing, I did let him know that they recommend exercising during pregnancy but I was taking it easy until I'm no longer sick.

I hope that everyone's doing well!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Me again.

LizzyAnn, I knew someone had written about those sleep bras and then I couldn't find your post for some reason when I was posting last night! They are SO comfy. I wonder where mine went. My one gripe is that there's enough coverage that it limits the necklines that you can wear with it, but they are great with the right shirt. There's also a style of Gap nursing bras that I love, that are also really comfy but with a little less coverage.

Here is my burrito baby. :lol:

7w2d Natural Small.JPG

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Happy Sunday Mamas-to-be,

Lizzy, I take my daughter swimming once a week for her mommy-and-me swim lesson and have never once thought to be concerned about the chlorine. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but do let us know what your dr says if you ask him/her. I too LOVE those sleep bras and have already started wearing them to bed again. I remember when I was pregnant the first time, the sales person at motherhood maternity tried to sell me one and I thought the whole concept of a "sleep bra" was rather odd but after I had the baby I couldn't live without them and I'm so glad to have them now!

January, I hope the next 4 weeks fly by for you! Waiting for that first u/s is hard. Like Lizzy said, you may find sleeping more comfortable if you start wearing a sleep bra to bed. You'll find them very helpful once the baby is born too.

modern, any word on your blood results? hope your nausea has continued to subside!

blen, you look great!! what a funny story about that guy at the gym - he sounds a little strange. what were the tells that he mentioned from last time?

:wavey: everyone else!

AFM, I finally called my dr's office on friday to ask about the blood results and a nurse called me back to say they were "negative" so I guess all is well! I'm now 13 weeks so I feel like we can share our good news which is great. I think I may wait to share it with my friends on facebook until we know the gender. we'll see. I guess I should move onto the other pregnant thread now... can't wait to have you all over there soon too!! Sending sticky dust to everyone!

Mrs.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Blen, look at that lil baby bump! I had heard that you show earlier on your second child. I'm wondering if that will happen to me too. You are such a cute lil thang though! I wish I was that little to start off my pregnancy! I can't believe someone guessed you were pregnant and it wasn't even a close friend or family member. But you know what? I sometimes think that certain people just have a way of knowing. I go to this one Greek restaurant near my house and the owner asked me if I was pregnant. I was so shocked. I just told him that we are "working on it, so you never know!" A lot of my neighbors go in there too so I didn't want to spill the beans. But I had on a winter coat so it isn't like I looked big or anything. I think I maybe have the "glow" which is maybe what you have too! And yes I love the sleep bras. I agree that they come up high in the front so you can't really wear a v neck or a scoop neck. I don't normally wear them out so I don't worry too much about it though. But please post a link to the one that you like at the Gap. I'd love to try that one out too.

Mrs, no worries about the chlorine. My doctor told me that chlorine in moderation is just fine. I'm glad I asked though. It made me feel better. I also do parent-child swim class with my son and he loves it most days! Last week, he hated the songs and kept yelling during them. Little stinker. Your story about the sleep bras at Motherhood is so funny because that happened to me exactly. I figured they were just trying to upsell me you know? But then, once I tried them I was hooked! Particularly with nursing. They were easy to wash and much easier to nurse from than other nursing bras on the market. So glad to hear your blood results came back negative. Huge relief! Enjoy letting everyone know about your little bean!

AFM, not really any new symptoms. For you second time moms, do you feel your morning sickness is less or worse than the first time around? I feel like it's going to hit me around week 6 or 7!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Mrs - congrats on making it to 13 weeks! I can't believe that so many people are starting to graduate off.

I didn't know the guy the last time around, but two women I worked with "knew" at 8 weeks because I was snacking on saltines, had gained a couple of pounds, and touched my stomach once when I didn't realize they were looking. They told me after I announced at 12 weeks. Evidently one of them had wanted to ask me to confirm their suspicions, and the other one told her that you NEVER EVER do that.

One of them has 5 kids and the other's at the stage where every single one of her friends seems to be having babies, and so I think that they were both really in tune to possible signs. It's made me hyper aware of that kind of stuff this time though.

LizzyAnn- Thank you! It's so funny how some people just seem to know.

I lurked a little bit this weekend on a pregnancy board where people have photos in their signatures, and OMG some of the second-time moms were showing early. Like, 9 weeks early. I am a little scared as to what's going to happen, but I guess only time will tell.

My MS is mildly worse this time, but I had like a couple hours of it last time, so I really had no place to go but worse. It's still been really mild though.

Bra - http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35283&vid=1&pid=327206.. It looks like it's on sale, with an extra 30% off sale items going on right now!

DH is being a dodo head in his attempts to conceal things. He mentioned to one of his coworkers that I was so hungry at 10:30 the other day that I snuck off from work to get a burger, and his coworker said that it sounded like that sounds like something a pregnant woman would do. DH told him that it's going to be a WHILE until we decide we want to go there again. I keep telling DH that saying things like that is going to make everyone think that this baby is an accident whenever he does tell them, and yet he keeps saying that sort of stuff. And he seemed to want another baby almost more than I did. I don't get him sometimes. :roll:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Good morning, all! Just a quick driveby as I'm heading out of the office in a few minutes.

IHA- Great shot of the little bean!!!! I'm definitely going to ask re: anatomy. I'm going to see if they can get another nub shot, as I'll be 12w1d for the NT on Wednesday.

Lizzy- Congrats and welcome!!!!!!

Mrs- I hope you can get a gender confirmation at your next appt! Glad to hear the renovations are going well! Glad to hear the BW came back normal, and YAY for hitting 13 weeks!

January- Here's hoping the next 4 weeks fly by for you!!!

MS- Congrats for hitting 12 weeks!!!!!!!!

Blen- Your belly looks adorable!!!!!!

AFM, tomorrow is 12 weeks, yay! It seems to have taken forever to hit this milestone! I've been getting kind of uncomfortable as of super recently, with the stretching and such. However, Friday, I did get into a car accident where I had to go to the ER (nothing broken, no blood, no injuries), but OB wanted me to have bean checked on. His or her <3 was beating a good healthy 174 bpm, so that was great. I was just so scared for bean that I almost had a panic attack afterwards, but things are well with us. NT is on Wednesday, so we get to see bean again!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey All!

Sorry I've been MIA...had a busy week and then I flew home for the weekend and hung out with my parents and family which was so nice.

Anyway, just a drop by to say that since I've passed the 14 week mark...I think I'll have to move up to the big girls' thread.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well and I'll see you there shortly!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hey all!

I am like 16.5 weeks so hardly "barley" anymore. I'll be posting in the big girl thread from now on but thought I would add a last update.

We have come out publicly to everyone now and that is sort of fun. Because I am curvy to begin with, people who don't know me would not immediately assume I am pregnant, but to those who see me all the time it is totally obvious now, especially if I wear maternity tops which I am trying to do more and more. I do NOT like looking like I just have a big fat belly ;))

I am showing now at 16 weeks about the same as I looked at 25 weeks last time. So all you second timers, be prepared! ::)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dreamer, congrats on 16.5 weeks! I saw your thread about getting ready for baby #2 that I will be following closely. My kids will be 2.5 years apart as well and I am trying to figure out whether to start transitioning my DS into a big boy bed now.

Basil, congrats on moving up to the big girls thread!!!

Princess, sorry about the accident. Yikes! Glad to hear the baby was not affected. Good Luck on your next ultrasound!

Blen, your DH is so funny making up lies about you being pregnant. He probably gets nervous and doesn't know what to say! Thanks for posting that Gap bra. Do you think it will be as easy to use for nursing with the snaps vs. the sleep bra with no snaps? I had a couple demi cup nursing bras with the snaps. When I would go to nurse the cup would come up and hit my DS in the face. But I liked having the demi cup bra when I go out of the house because it gave more coverage. I wish I could find a nursing bra that has cups for coverage stay put when nursing. Hey quick question for you...when did your morning sickness start this time around?

AFM, nothing new to report. I've noticed some more veins popping up in my bb's but that's about it. Two more weeks till my 7 week u/s!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Aw, everybody's leaving. ;( Congrats to Dreamer and Basil for making it to the second tri!

Princess - I'm so sorry about the car accident! Thank goodness the little bean was okay.

LizzyAnn - The morning sickness set in a couple days before 6 weeks. I have "6 weeks" in my head as when it typically sets in for people, so that was pretty spot-on. As for the nursing bras, they are un-lined, and in my experience I feel like it's just the lined ones with the issues with popping up and hitting baby in the face during nursing. (On the flip side, the lined ones probably do a better job of hiding breast pads and little leaks, but I'm way past that stage.) There is the extra step of hooking and unhooking them, which I can do one-handed although sometimes it takes me 2-3 tries to get it hooked back one-handed. They are kind of more sports-bra like in design, and don't have really distinct cups - I'm not sure if that bothers you or not. They also do not have underwire, which I like as I was having issues with plugged milk ducts for a while and underwire can make that worse. Again, personal preference, not sure what you prefer. :))

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hello my fellow preggos,

Sorry to be so distant but last week was absolutely bonkers with work since I was covering for my boss all week who was unexpectedly out and then I jetted off on Thursday to go to Florida. All I can say is God bless the South and their warm weather :sun: More on that later though...

Basil - Sorry that the nurse stressed you out with the informal results, but I'm glad to hear that everything went well.

Modern - Yep, these little munchkins are quite the movers and groovers. I guess once I start feeling my turtle, I may feel different about it, but right now, its pretty cool. I'm glad to hear that your NT went well and I hope the naseau continues to subside so you can feel better finally. I love your little turtle too, yeah for little thumb suckers, hehe. Congrats on getting to the start of the third trimester.

Princess - What a cuite pie. Thanks for sharing! How did the NT scan go?

Charbie - Thanks, I am definitely feeling much better now that we got favorable results. I'm glad that I could provide you with a good excuse to get out of work. What a lovely bean you have there! Wow, what a nosy, inebriated person for saying that, but good for speaking up for yourself.

Blen - I look foward to getting together again soon. As for your and G's cold, sorry that you both got sick. I just have to say your belly is too cute. You are going to have one of those perfect basketball bellies. I wouldn't worry to much about people guessing though, b/c I am learning that everyone loves a pregnant lady, and it has it perks, lol.

January - Welcome to the JBP thread! That's awesome that you got lucky on your first time out, it will save you a lot of stress. ;)) We like our little ninja turtle name too. It kinda came about it a roundabout way, but it's definitely different.

IHA - My tech didn't say anything about sex, but I also hinted that I didn't want to know, since my DH wasn't there. I am hoping at my next scan at 16-18 weeks I will be able to find out. That's great that you got to see your little one, how exciting. I bet you are really excited to see it again in 2 weeks. Sorry to hear about the cold, but glad you are getting better.

Lizzy - Congrats on the BFP and welcome to the JBP. May you have a happy and healthy 8+ months!

Mrs - Thanks for asking about me. All is well thanks. We got the bloodwork back on the scan, and everything is A-ok! Congrats on the new computer and big congrats on the new countertops. You said all set now. Did you get the results back on your NT scan? As for the belly, I am jealous. I am definitely showing already, and that is not the greatest feeling this early.

To anyone I misses, I am sorry I missed you, but I need some zzzz's.

AFM - I got my scan results back and I have a 1 in 10,000 chance of Downs or the other Trisomies, so we were very relieved/happy about that. I know someone else mentioned about waiting to get your results to announce to the world, and I totally understand. Once we got the all clear, the secret was out. That being said, I have started to pop, so there is no keeping the secret now, lol. I also will hit 14 weeks tomorrow, so I think its time to make the jump over to the big girl thread. I have loved sharing this journey with you ladies and can't wait to see you all in the Preggo thread. I will definitely make sure to check back in. See you ladies soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results