shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Everything will be just fine! Believe me! Go to the appt for reassurance though, otherwise you''ll never sleep. And you''ll get a peek at your little bean too
31.gif
PLEASE don''t worry if you don''t find a HB right away. I didn''t at my first, which didn''t help matters, but it was just too early. Got a butterfly flicker this last time though and it was the coolest thing I''ve ever seen. Can''t believe I"m preaching as I was just praying last week, but it will be fine!! Good luck anyways! You might spot a little more after the US''s just because they''re rooting around like plumbers while they are looking for stuff. Take care jerkstore twin!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I''m sorry Charbie

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear Charbie, I hate the first tri roller coaster! I hope everything is okay and sorry your husband can''t be there...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charbie my thoughts are with you. So many women have spoting early on and everything is just fine, so I am really praying you are one of them.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I also hope everything is ok with you too, Miss Charbie. You are my jerkstore inspiration, so hang in there
2.gif
. And like SS said, it''s probably just some spotting.

Lots of sticky dust and try not to worry too much! (((HUG)))

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie, sorry your DH can''t join you for your appointment. That''s a bummer. As far as the spotting goes, I spotted around 7-8 weeks a couple of times and everything turned out fine. I think it''s more common even than internet research and docs tell you so don''t sweat it too much. Keep us posted!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
charbie - thinking of you!!

I had spotting in my first trimester and fortunately it resolved. It''s awful and scary and I only hope that you have great news at your appointment!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie - hang in there. Spotting is normal. I had it from week 5 thru 8 and mine was due to the fact that my Dr. discovered a 2nd baby! Keep us posted and know that I''m thinking of you!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you, Charbie!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!
Ok, so it was a really quick appt. The doctor said basically that they were just bringing me in to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. He goes, "an ectopic prgnancy can get very serious very fast, so I don''t want anything to happen between now and the appointment next week." I responded, "oh, like my fallopian tube blow up?" To which he replied, "exactly. You said it, not me."
Mind you, this isn''t my regular doc, this is a different ob I''ve never met before. He used the dildocam to find the gestational sac, and then found the source of the bleed right next to it. There was a little bit of blood built up, but nothing that alarmed him. He said more than likely the sac rubbed against the cervix or uterine wall and broke a blood vessel. It was pretty nice to see that there really is something in there tho!!!
He also asked that they schedule me for an early ultrasound next week with the NP. So when I go in for my first appointment, I also get a US out of it...which isn''t typical I guess for them. He is optimistic that we will see the heartbeat then. He thinks I''m measuring more like 5 wks, the GS is 6.7mm. But we have no idea since I came off the pill and can only go off my LMP...however I''m pretty sure I know when the bean was conceived bc (tmi alert) there was only one time my hubby was feeling a little daring and didn''t pull out.
Either way, I learned a lesson thru all this: my husband NEEDS a better communication methos while at work. I was already done with the doc by the time he called and even knew I was going. Before I even said anything to him about the bean, I said, "this whole me not being able to get ahold of you thing isn''t going to fly for the next 9 months. You better figure something out." He sounded so concerned and apologetic...this is the second time I''ve needed him for something and couldn''t reach him. He kept saying, "well, I''m so glasd that BOTH of you are ok!" It was kinda cute
12.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad things went welL!! And don''t even get me started on husbands and poor communication
38.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
charbie- Eeeek sorry about the scare. So glad that everything is looking good though! haha on the TMI. What a surprise for your hubby
3.gif

My first appt is Monday. I need to try to convince them that I need a dating ultrasound
3.gif
Seriously I do though, with my irregular cycles I am just guessing about when O occurred. And being that hubby was in another state at the time, I was not even paying that much attention.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby was in another state at the time of conception???
3.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad everything is ok charbie!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 1:22:18 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Hubby was in another state at the time of conception???
3.gif

Yep...... don''t tell him
11.gif
hahaha. Seriously though, we last DTD 6 or 7 days before when I suspect O occurred. He is very proud of his swimmers
3.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I feel like crap today. This morning I didn''t feel preggo at all...in fact I felt way less bloated and wore my normal jeans and a pair of dress pants when I had to run into work for a bit, and they both buttoned without a problem.
Then tonight, I''ve had some cramping, I''m exhausted, and want to puke. Its like I got hit by truck.
I''m sorry for the icky post. I''m not a fan of this first tri. Its stupid.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you feeling this morning Charbie? Any better? If it''s any consolation, I''m just now, at 17 weeks starting to feel pregnant.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Charbie,

I am glad to hear that everything seems to be ok with the little bean. I''m sure it will be nice though to see him on the big screen later this week.

I am sorry about the yucky feelings, but hang in there. Hopefully it will get better in a couple weeks
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 8:23:24 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
How are you feeling this morning Charbie? Any better? If it''s any consolation, I''m just now, at 17 weeks starting to feel pregnant.
Feeling a lot better today.
It''s so weird how feeling "different" just sort of comes and goes.
I usually feel great all day and in the mornings, and then around dinnertime i start getting a little bloated/gassy/heartburn/exhausted.

I''m really hoping that the appt. this week goes well. That for me will I think finally make this whole thing more "real"- even tho I saw the GS on Friday, I''m not letting myself go super baby nuts until we see the HB. Fingers crossed!

We told our immediate families yesterday. MIL, BIL, and SIL were all in town, so DH gave MIL a little onesie (sooo tiny!) that said, "That''s IT. I''m going to Grandma''s!" They were all excited. Then later in the night, DH called his dad, and i called my dad (oh he was so cute. he''s thrilled beyond belief). I then was talking to my mom, and even tho i wanted to tell my sisters in person, she''s going nuts not being able to talk about it, so I called both of my sisters. They were so funny. One is older, one is younger, and the younger one says, "Did you mean to get pregnant?"- I just laughed. They are just so excited and everyone (including us) is just in shock right now.

Hopefully after the ultrasound on Wednesday we can start to SLOWLY spill, and once I get everything solidified with my work situation and internship we can just let everyone know.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I totally hear you. I''m great until about 2:00 when I hit a brick wall and can barely function. Then it goes downhill from there. By 5:30 when DH picks me up I''m an exhausted, hormonal, hot tempered mess. Then I sometimes rally enough to make dinner, eat and load the dishwasher, but then I''m in bed. If I''m lucky I''ll be able to stay awake to watch some tv. Otherwise, do not pass go, do not collect $200. My energy comes and goes. It was on this weekend so I got a TON done around the house, you know, the housework I''ve been ignoring for 17 weeks? But by last night around 5 I was feeling the burn and the strain from busting my butt for two days.

I actually had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. Like physically hard, not just mentally. I feel like I have little or no bump, but then I have moments where my center of gravity is all off and I wobble like an old lady who needs a cane.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
charbie- I have times when I don''t feel pregnant either, but shortly thereafter the pukey-ness returns
2.gif
The fatigue is getting worse though for me, too. Thankfully I just finished my ICU month and will no longer be on call every third night
30.gif
30.gif

My appt was today! Fortunately, the NP agreed that I need a dating ultrasound. The downside was that it could not be done at the office today. AND, my work schedule is completely inflexible. So the ultrasound will be Friday morning. Incidentally, my birthday is also Friday. Let''s hope for good news because bad news might ruin my birthday forever! Eeeeek. Can''t wait, though.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Gosh I''m so frustrated!
I went in today with DH for my first appt. They did the ultrasound and the gestational sac is still growing...its now over 11 mm. However, still no yolk sac, which they said they would like to see. They drew some blood and I go in for more to be drawn Friday.
I was frustrated with the NP. She kept carrying on like nothing is wrong, but when I would press her for answers she just said how its too soon to tell, they don''t know exactly when I ovulated....blah blah. I''m so worried now that this is a blighted ovum and no yolk sac will appear.
Its crazy how I''ve been worried about all this stuff with work and such, and now I''m just devastated that I might not have a viable pregnancy. Poor DH doesn''t know what to do.
I don''t really want to talk to anyone about it until I''m more sure of what''s going on, but wanted to post my update nonetheless.

lili

Ideal_Rock
charbie
*hugs*
Fingers crossed that everything is ok.
Are they going to do another u/s at the next appt?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs charbie. How far along are you?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear charbie! I am so sorry that the results are not more definitive. That was one of the reasons I was scared to go in for an ultrasound at 5 and a half weeks - there is so little they can do besides tell you to wait and they don''t know what is going on if there is no heartbeat then because it is still early. I don''t know if it will give you any peace, but what will be will be. There is little you or your hubs can do to affect the process, and some little beans make it and some don''t, its just the imperfect way our human reproduction works. But I''m still crossing my fingers there is a good finding at your next ultrasound.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
charbie- I feel for you! These early days are so tough. While I am excited for the Friday u/s, part of me is sooo nervous too. Sending you sticky bean vibes.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
So what''s the normal appointment schedule? I think I need to tell my boss bc I''ve already missed a lot of days of work bc of my RE appointments, and he''s going to start to wonder. Plus, if I don''t tell him before the 12 weeks are over, I''ll come back to school in August visibly pregnant and everyone will really wonder what''s going on!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie, I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope that Friday will bring you some better news. I am sending you lots of sticky dust and prayers.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
P.s. Charbie--I did a shout out to you in the ttc thread. Didn''t want you to think I was being selfish! Let us know updates...is a late developing yolk sac a common thing?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, normal schedule is once a month until much later, except there are sometimes a few extra ones. I had two early ultrasounds (at 5 and a half and six and a half weeks) to check for heartbeat and only one of those was the 'regular' appt, and then I had the NT scan at 12ish weeks, which was halfway between two regular appts. And it looks like charbie will have three early ultrasounds or so? Also like her, I went in for bloodwork early on twice, 48 hrs apart to check for doubling hormone levels, though if my doctor's lab is open early enough that one could still make it to work pretty early after. Since you are with an RE they might do extra monitoring, so maybe you want to ask them?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results