shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Kit: You might be able to get out of doing the pap/std part of the exam since you had yours less than a year ago. I did---I had mine done at the end of January and found out I was knocked up in March...so they let me get out of doing that exam....

I''m sure they will make you redo the blood work though.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Well, the appointment went well. My Dr. immediately confirmed that I''d be having an internal u/s at 7 weeks, which made me feel relieved. And, I plan to call on Tuesday for the beta #s to see where I fall in the range. She repeated a couple of cultures, did an internal exam, and took a lot of blood. She said she was skipping some tests but man there were a ton of tubes and vials in a bag with my name on it being sent to the lab! She is very thorough so I guess that is a good thing. All in all, a good appointment.

I have to go get my H1N1 this week too, I am thankful that we are over the phase of shortages with the vaccine and there are ample supplies now. Phew.

Anyone here have a transvaginal u/s lately? They are saying I have to drink 32 oz of water 1 hour before the procedure. Um, excuse me??
23.gif
That is a ton of water. I might explode or worse. Seems totally unnecessary to have that much water in my bladder. Anyone have any tips?

Lucy, hope I am not being all Debbie Downer and bringing you and the other ladies here down...there are many reasons to feel happy and excited early in this stage, I am just kind of a schizo right now with my feelings so just ignore me.
1.gif
I think because I miscarried during the very end of the 1st trimester when the risk of loss is super low, it just kind of freaked me out. But there''s no reason to think that will happen again. Deep breath...and exhale.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: internal vaginal US... i didn't have to drink anything extra before. i know that i have heard that doctors tell you lots of water, but i never had to drink ANY extra water before any of my 6 ultrasounds, internal or external. i guess they can tell you to drink more if you need to at the appt right? but i almost don't know WHY it's so necessary. i would say drink a little more than normal, but don't stress out about drinking 32oz...that is kinda crazy.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara! Yeah doesn''t that sound nuts? I mean that is the size of my huge nalgene bottle. I usually drink that over the course of my workday and pee several times throughout...I cannot imagine gulping that amount of fluid down and then holding it. That must not be good for you.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
hi guys!
35.gif

this is my first post on this thread...yippee!

kit, the only reason they want you to drink so much is b/c they will usually take a look abdominally before doing the transvaginal. when you''re that early, the uterus usually lies pretty low in the pelvis, but if the bladder is full, it pushes your uterus up and out so it can be visualized more clearly abdominally. after they take a quick look that way, they''ll usually let you empty your bladder before switching to the transvaginal. i''m not really sure WHY they do both (apparently abd u/s has a wider field of view, but transvag is much more clear and gives the more detailed view)...

anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend. really looking forward to spending the next several months with you guys!

i''m doing fine. 8 weeks on tuesday. and my first "official" ultrasound on tuesday too. really looking forward to that! i stupidly took another pee stick the other day and the line was much lighter than a couple weeks ago, so that kind of freaked me out! feeling pretty lousy (i throw up about 1-2x/day, and just feel nauseated the rest of the time), and extremely tired. my 15 mo old is keeping me very busy!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! I am definitely not ready for the real preggo thread, but this seems like a nice holding ground until there is some progress into the first trimester.

OMG, I am not looking forward to drinking all that water for the ultrasound - have had to drink the water at least twice before. I had one pelvic ultrasound about a decade ago (not pregnancy related) and I didn''t fully follow the instructions but was already about to burst when they started the scan so I figured that had to be good enough. No, they stopped the scan, said my bladder wasn''t full enough, and send me out into the waiting room to drink some more. It was absurd, I was in desperate need of the bathroom and yet holding it, chugging more water, willing my body to process the new water as quickly as possible and stuff up that in my poor overstretch bladder and most importantly NOT PEE... So... for my recent one last summer, I followed the instructions better and drank it all because I did not want to be sent out to the waiting room for another hour of drinking and water-processing. And boy was I full, I was in such excruciating pain while the lady was scanning, scanning over my bladder again and again! The tech was trying to be super-diligent in looking for a little bean somewhere as I was miscarrying, but at some point it felt like she had been scanning for 20 minutes and I was just like, Lady you must let me pee! And she says: OK, almost done! there is last one, oh, second to last one, oh no, wait lets take one more picture... minutes pass, excruciating minutes, oh my. At least I can laugh now. Be warned, ladies, be warned! The dildocam was a breeze after that.

Kit that is great news that you can get an ultrasound at 7 weeks. I am hoping they will let me this time as well, last time it didn''t seem like there would be any until after 10 weeks but hopefully they give us a break.

I got H1N1 today at the pharmacy. I had been trying to get it all fall, but not being in one of the high-risk categories I couldn''t. Now that it is *finally* available to normal folks, I have the magic ticket. Though I probably had it already (the flu, not the vaccine). I had some wicked respiratory thing last August that lingered, and H1N1 was pretty common then.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow all that water sounds horrible!! what torture! my 6 weeks and 8 weeks US's were internal and they didn't even TRY to go external so maybe that's why the Dr didn't torture me with 500 gallons of water. she just said they don't do external til 11-12 weeks. and the internal wasn't bad at all, sounds much better than drinking all that H20!!

can you guys just say you want to go internal and forget the outside if it means you don't have to be guzzling water? hehe.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 9:01:46 PM
Author: Mara
wow all that water sounds horrible!! what torture! my 6 weeks and 8 weeks US's were internal and they didn't even TRY to go external so maybe that's why the Dr didn't torture me with 500 gallons of water. she just said they don't do external til 11-12 weeks. and the internal wasn't bad at all, sounds much better than drinking all that H20!!

can you guys just say you want to go internal and forget the outside if it means you don't have to be guzzling water? hehe.
I think that's how peony didn't find out about her twins until the second ultrasound - only scanned by one method the first time, probably transvag. and the twins were stacked perfectly in her uterus so that only one was visible from that vantage point. (Can you imagine: Second baby? What second baby?)

Yeah, the internal is much better than the water torture! But if you need to image everything (or if you don't see anything with the internal) then it seems you need external too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah maybe the Dr's just want to be prepared for both.

our neighbors have twin boys and they told us they didn't find out til EIGHTEEN WEEKS they were having twins. i was like given how much technology we have nowadays how is that even possible. i haven't had a chance to ask her hehe. i can't even imagine finding out at almost 5 months that there are two in there..!!

aqua_girl

Rough_Rock
wow! look at all the newly preggo mammas!!! So wonderful!!!! Congrats HH, Kit, LIA and Cara! Wishing all of you a happy and healthy nine months!

Been a while since I posted last, but I have been keeping up with everyone! My scan went well 2 weeks ago, thanks for the good wishes! Heartbeat was 172bpm and CRL 22mm. It was done abdominally which was tough for the last half hour of the trip- but totally worth seeing our little bean!

I am currently 10 weeks 2 days so patiently trying to wait out another couple of weeks. Even though I havent had any worriesome signs that anything is wrong- Im still struggling with this not knowing what your body might be up to thing!!! ES now not too bad, comes and goes, but fatigue has been especially bad the last few days. All weekend I have barely strayed from the couch and am dreading work this week. My boss knows I am pg, but all I hear about is how pg was a breeze for her so she cant understand why anyone complains about it.
20.gif
Anywhoo, is it bad that I am already counting down to the start of maternity leave in 6 months time? haha.

We are telling a few more people, bit by bit. We told some of our close, local friends at dinner on Thurs night and they were SO excited, which was just lovely! They were our first major telling since the MIL saga, so I was a bit worried what I would do with more negative reactions! I shouldnt have underestimated them, and they were very enthusiastic, even though we are the first out of the group!

Im sorry to hear for those of you struggling with MS!!!! I wish I had some magic advice or cures for you. Only try to hang in there!!! I was trying to explain to my mum that even though it makes you feel the pits its kind of different to normal virus/infection type sickness because you know its going to go away (hopefully) and there''s an explanation for its presence, as opposed to when you''re sick and you''re wondering/sometimes a bit worried why you feel so rough. Does that make sense?

Its Sunday here, so back to work tomorrow. Happy week everyone!!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kit-glad your apt went well! I''m having an interV US on 2/10 and they also told me to drink 32 oz before hand, but they assured me that the us was first on the to-do list and that I''d have plenty of opportunities to pee after that. Ladies here have said to drink it 45 minutes or so before the apt, and if you think about it, a bottle of soda is 20 oz, so just drink 1.5 soda-sized bottles of water before and you''ll be A-OK. Good luck!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so calling it the dildocam from now on!!!

I had a great day yesterday, was a little moody late in the afternoon, but I felt fine otherwise.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the advice ladies! Cara, your story really freaked me out
6.gif
but HH, thanks for putting it in perspective. I actually didn''t realize that you have to drink all the fluids for the abdominal US. I guess they are probably going to do both because at 7 weeks how could they possibly see anything externally, as Lover stated? I would much rather do the "dildocam" the whole time than have to suffer through all the bladder pain, oh well! Well, I will post about my experience in case others are interested.

So sorry to those who are having ms or es, that''s too bad. I didn''t really get that last time and I think it''s the same this time, just kind of feeling bloated and slightly nauseated from time to time. My diet last time was mostly carbs, no meat, and no veggies, I could not tolerate them, but ate more fruit, which was fine. Just remember that nasuea/vomiting is highly correlated with a positive pregnancy outcome, so as hard as it is try to focus on that.

Aqua, I know how you feel! You''re almost at the first trimester finish line, how exciting. It will be nice to have the news all out in the open, no more lying and hibernating at home. I went out to dinner on Friday with some coworkers and blatantly told lie after lie about not being KU and still TTC
20.gif
I am sticking to my guns on my 14 week timeline, but it''s gonna be tough.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
dildocam is fantastic!!! That''s what I''m calling it from now on too:)

Aqua-glad things are going well!

HH-good luck, hope that your appt goes really well and you have a healthy, sticky little baby hawk/bean:)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning ladies,
Do any of you not feel pregnant sometimes? I think I've said this before, but sometimes I get freaked out that this pg thing is all in my head or something is wrong and then I want to take a test to confirm. But then I have a mental break down or my tattas tingle or I feel sick and I realize, no I'm not delusional, I really am pregnant. I'm not sure why, but I feel like there's a correlation between being at work and feeling like crud. Today is not a good day for me, but I felt great all weekend. It was so great to do nothing at home yesterday except nap and snuggle with my kitties. At one point I had everyone in bed with me. LOL. This week is week number 5 for me, only 2.5 weeks until my doctor's appointment!

How are you ladies doing?

ETA: Are you guys experiencing any cramping? I'm getting cramps a few times each day, sometimes they're worse than others, but I get freaked out with every one of them. I know some cramping is normal, but how much is some?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
HH: I didn''t feel pregnant until I was like 32 weeks! haha....seriously, I didn''t feel pregnant until I felt the movements. Otherwise I could go days and then be like "oh yeah, I''m totally pregnant".

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
HH- wouldnt worry about it! Its still very early and I''ve heard lots of women can go several days without any pregnancy symptoms. IMO, enjoy not having symptoms while it lasts!
2.gif

Aquagirl- almost there!! yeaaa!!

Had my 1st apt with the OC and it was exactly what all you ladies thought it would be (since I really didnt know...hehe!) Blood work, urine test, and they mapped out the remainder of my pregnancy. Still feels kind of premature considering I havent even had an US yet! Other than that I spent my whole wknd hanging over the the toilet bowl with MS
20.gif

T-6 days till ultrasound!! Yippee!! Keeping my fingers crossed until then!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi Ladies! Can I join you? I''ve been so MIA from the boards for a while. Was on a TTC break after my loss in October, and pretty much stayed off of my usual forums... But Christmas was good for us, and we found that we caught our Christmas eggie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So Yeah, I was kinda cautious to mention anything, but what the heck, we''re really excited! I''m 5w3days counting from LMP.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats SL!!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yay SL! So... you might get a little libra if the kid is a little late coming out?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
congrats sparkly libra!!

just wanted to say hi. we had our first "official" ultrasound (as opposed to the one''s we did in my dh''s office last week) this morning. everything looked great. the dude is measuring 7 wk 3d, but they will keep my original due date (meaning i''m 8 weeks today). pretty cool to see the little arms and legs moving around. i drank a big thing of water before hand and they didn''t even do dildo-style...just abdominally and, at the time, i thought that was great! unfortunately i realized afterwards that i probably should have had them do the trans-vag to get a baseline cervix measurement. i had pre-term labor starting at 26 weeks with my first pregnancy, so they may have to do the transvag at our next ultrasound (sometime between 11-13 weeks).
7.gif
in any case, i have my first appt with my ob on friday so i will ask her then...

HH: don''t worry about the symptoms, or lack thereof...enjoy the ms free time as much as you can. it often won''t really hit until around 7 weeks or so... as far as cramps go, TOTALLY normal! with my 1st pregnancy, i was convinced for the first 4 weeks or so that i was going to get my period any second...it felt JUST like that (not so much this time around which of course, also has freaked me out!) .

kit, cara, aqua, lucy: hope you are all doing well!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
LIA - great ultrasound news! And get that baseline cervix measurement, hopefully you woln''t need it later but for peace of mind...

aqua, also great scan results and how exciting to finally be outing yourself and begining to trust it. So hard, but you are almost done with this first tri worry-zone.

Kit, I didn''t mean to freak you out
1.gif
, at the end of the day its just holding your bladder (and ok, someone pressing on it!). Just one more sling/arrow in this pregnancy trip.

OK, got a beta of 4060 today! I am 4w4d by LMP, so this is good! I''ve been having a fair bit of cramping (but no bleeding thankfully) so am really happy to have a test result to lean on a bit. Go back on Thursday for beta #2, and if its good then they will let me have an earlyish ultrasound.

The morning sickness/hit-by-bus feeling was better for the last two days, but today got another hit of not-quite-nausea but more unsettled feeling. OK I guess, just keep me upright and out of the praying to porcelin goddess position.

HH, I think for me it is going in waves. Knock out, let back up again, etc. And I am getting cramping (see above), and I don''t remember this level from last time. Don''t know if that is good or bad, but it has been bad enough to wake me up at night a few times. And my sense of smell is definitely enhanced even when I''m not feeling sick. Let alone the (*)(*) haha. Yet still sometimes I can feel not preggo and have to think about it. I figure enjoy it while it lasts!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
i just have to say, regarding "praying to the porcelain goddess," that my son thinks that vomiting is the FUNNIEST thing in the world. i will be retching violently, and he toddles in, giggles hysterically and points to the toilet.
20.gif

GREEAAAATTT!!! my husband was making gagging noises last night just to hear him giggle.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 7:51:44 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Good morning ladies,
Do any of you not feel pregnant sometimes? I think I''ve said this before, but sometimes I get freaked out that this pg thing is all in my head or something is wrong and then I want to take a test to confirm. But then I have a mental break down or my tattas tingle or I feel sick and I realize, no I''m not delusional, I really am pregnant. I''m not sure why, but I feel like there''s a correlation between being at work and feeling like crud. Today is not a good day for me, but I felt great all weekend. It was so great to do nothing at home yesterday except nap and snuggle with my kitties. At one point I had everyone in bed with me. LOL. This week is week number 5 for me, only 2.5 weeks until my doctor''s appointment!

How are you ladies doing?

ETA: Are you guys experiencing any cramping? I''m getting cramps a few times each day, sometimes they''re worse than others, but I get freaked out with every one of them. I know some cramping is normal, but how much is some?
Yes, I can totally relate. I think it''s hard to talk yourself down off the ledge sometimes. But you ARE having symptoms and you ARE pregnant, it''s just that you haven''t gone public and you''re not showing, etc. It''s very surreal.

I have had cramping every day since 7DPO. I think it''s just because there''s a lot of stuff going down in the uterus right now. Things are hooking up, connecting, etc. Ah, the miracle of life!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Lucy, so sorry about your m/s. That''s terrible, hang in there! Very exciting about your appointment, can''t wait to hear the report back
1.gif

SL, congrats!! That''s great news. I think we are twins, I am 5w3d based on O. Yay! Hope you are feeling good.

LIA, wonderful news about your u/s. Your son is a little comedian, huh? Very cute.
9.gif

Cara, I am being a big baby and need to woman up. Seriously. That''s such a great beta number! Amazing. Your little bean is really moving and shaking in there. Sounds like you just have a ton of hormones raging through your system right now. Nice.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 9:36:23 AM
Author: taovandel
HH: I didn''t feel pregnant until I was like 32 weeks! haha....seriously, I didn''t feel pregnant until I felt the movements. Otherwise I could go days and then be like ''oh yeah, I''m totally pregnant''.
ditto! I''m 18 weeks along, so am in the "blissful" 2nd tri. I have my energy back (for the most part), still fit into most of my clothes, and am feeling somewhat like myself again. There''s some days that I DO NOT FEEL PREGGO. I can''t wait to feel the baby move!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL good to know there''s light at the end of the tunnel CG!

I woke up today looking like a Hooters girl. My BBs are a pretty good size normally (36C), but today I''m sporting some extra cleave. my normal bra looked like it was a wonder bra. I think I might need to go out and pick up some new camisoles, I wear a lot of V-neck shirts and sweaters and I''m going to look downright indecent soon if the girls keep growing. Last night I was horribly sick before bed, could be that I felt the need to fill my face with everything in sight after eating a full dinner though. I woke up this morning at 5 starving as usual and realized that I ate all of the chex I had next to the bed for the morning *sigh* no self control what-so-ever. Isn''t it funny how one day it''s totally surreal and the next reality hits you like a truck??

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, I had the same worries. I often found myself giving my (*)(*) a squeeze to make sure they were still sore.
3.gif
Now, when my symptoms wane, I worry less because I''m almost 12 weeks. I have my NT scan on Friday and I can''t wait...I need some good news to keep me going!

Aquagirl, I don''t blame you for not telling everyone. We were super nervous too. We still haven''t shared with everyone. However, I just discovered that my BFF (former) who I hadn''t been getting along with decided to share my news BEFORE I even told my parents! Awesome, huh?

LIA, I''m so glad your U/S went well! I can''t believe the bean swims at 8 weeks. That''s awesome. My DH was in awe at my impromptu 10 week U/S and he says he can tell it''s a girl.
1.gif

Cara, congrats! The first trimester will be over before you know it!

Sparkly, congrats from a fellow Libra! How exciting! September is a wonderful time of year to have a LO!

Kit, looking forward to hearing about your U/S! In my experience you don''t really need 32 ounces of water especially if it''s mid or late day. Not peeing for an hour alone will give you a "full" bladder. I only drank 16 ounces and felt like I was going to burst. They let me pee and my bladder was STILL full so just do what''s works for you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I have no concerns now (well a little about the cramping, but I know I''m definitely pregnant). "The girls" are definitely sore and my smaller girl is now matching the larger one which has grown as well. I ran into the bathroom topless this morning and said "Look honey, they finally match!!!!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results