shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Amc - Vinegar mustard?!?! Ughhhh I would probably gag. I can't stand the smell of vinegar EVER and I don't even like how mustard looks! Poor DH, he is going to have to be the one that makes our kid eat new things, there's no way I can handle it without making weird faces! Haha.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missy0483 said:
Amc - Vinegar mustard?!?! Ughhhh I would probably gag. I can't stand the smell of vinegar EVER and I don't even like how mustard looks! Poor DH, he is going to have to be the one that makes our kid eat new things, there's no way I can handle it without making weird faces! Haha.

Well, it's two separate things!! Yellow mustard and mayo, plus they have oil and vinegar shakers. But yeah, definitely craving vinegar right now. So weird. I guess that's why preggos love pickles, but I hate them. Waiting at the lab right now for the second of my sequential screenings...thinking about the sandwich I'm going to get right when im done. It's sort of torture since I can see the place from here!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh, and salt & vinegar chips to go with it!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone!

Soooooo, we have a heartbeat!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: One of the docs I work with scanned me today, and even though the baby just looks like a little bean (the little blob between the 2 plus signs), there was a clear heartbeat flickering away. I am measuring 6 wks 3 days which completely correlates with my LMP. I feel somewhat more relieved now. (I apologize for the low quality pic as the us machine at that office is so low tech and sucks).

How is everyone else doing? MP, how are you holding up?? When do you go for your uss? I think you and I are on the same schedule, so I'm hoping soon? I know its complete torture to have to wait. How are you feeling??

2012-02-21 12.10.50.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congrats, Dani!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani, congratulations on seeing your little one for the first time! So happy for you that everything is looking good. It must be such a relief. I'm 6 weeks 4 days today, and my scan is scheduled for Thursday (I had to move it up a day due to a work conflict on Friday). I'm so nervous!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you AMC!!

MP, I know how hard it is to wait...I was actually going to wait till next week for my us, but I just couldn't wait any longer!!!! I wish you the best of luck when you go!!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! HUGS, lady!!! :))

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Dani, congrats on seeing the bean! It's so exciting to see the little flicker for the first time.

MP, thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and dust in your direction for your scan tomorrow.

It's Hump Day Bump Day ladies! I don't have much more to share than last week, but I'll see if I can get a pic over here later.

Maybe some others further along than 15 weeks can chime in -- I haven't gained any weight yet -- is that normal/okay? I eat all the time so I'm not sure...I will see my OB next week and ask, but I am a little concerned. I am getting thicker in my torso region and definitely have tighter pants, bigger boobs, etc but it just seems to be a redistribution. This could partially be attributed to my thyroid, as hyper makes your metabolism speed up, I just want to make sure I'm consuming enough for the baby to get what he/she needs. Any thoughts or suggestions???

15w0d (I just realized this means we're more than 1/3 the way there! woooo!)

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Also, I would just like to add, who knew that Braxton hicks contractions happen from as early as 6 weeks? I didn't know that and I had one this morning and flew into a panic. I was pretty sure my uterus was so tight that t must have been expelling the baby that very moment. I'm kind of surprised my doc didn't warn me of this, nor do any of the baby center or bump put this in their week by week updates. Scary but glad t is normal.

In other news, I forgot to mention that I may have felt a kick last night!it seems too soon and might have just been gas, but I'm pretty sure that was a hand or a foot making a jab at me!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg, I'm 18 weeks today and I just started gaining weight. But in my case, I had put on around 15 pounds right before pregnancy during all of the infertility treatments so I was not surprised. I actually lost weight my first month because I was eating better and it felt much less stressful to finally be pregnant. I wouldn't worry too much. You can mention it to your doctor but truly everyone is so different. I usually don't start putting on the weight till after 20 weeks.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hump Day Bump Day! I think I'm finally getting a bump. Still not enough to really look preggo to strangers, but it's a start!

Meg- I wouldn't worry too much about it, it seems our bodies are pretty good at doing what they need to do. I also didn't know that BH contractions could start this early. That's a little scary! Congrats on feeling a kick, that's so cool. I haven't felt anything yet...well, I thought I did at one point, but I realized it was way too high to be baby, ha.

week15.JPG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

MP, thinking of you and hoping for good news tomorrow!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MP what time is your appt today???? We're all thinking of you lady....dust and fingers crosssed!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MP - Thinking of you today. 8) I hope all goes well at your ultrasound!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Best of luck today, MP!!! Thoughts & prayers outgoing!!! :))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you so much ladies! This is going to be quick, but I am back and we have a heartbeat!!! (I have a picture, but it is a complete blur, so it's probably not worth posting) The only thing I'm concerned about is that baby was only measuring 6 weeks 2 days, and based on the timing of my IUI, it should be 6 weeks 6 days. Hoping baby was just a late implanter.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

monkeyprincess|1330014851|3132469 said:
Thank you so much ladies! This is going to be quick, but I am back and we have a heartbeat!!! (I have a picture, but it is a complete blur, so it's probably not worth posting) The only thing I'm concerned about is that baby was only measuring 6 weeks 2 days, and based on the timing of my IUI, it should be 6 weeks 6 days. Hoping baby was just a late implanter.

Yay! I wouldn't worry too much about the dates, I think you are in range. Plus it could just be the way it was measured. My initial measurement at my 7 week appt was something like 6w2d, then a few minutes later she measured it as 6w5d. Now baby is measuring a few days ahead.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

monkeyprincess|1330014851|3132469 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl: I am so thrilled for you MP! Thinking good thoughts for your little bean.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yay MP!!!! I'm sure everything is fine... based on my dates I thought I was a week to a week and a half further along than I was, but my 7.5ish week ultrasound showed a 6w3d baby... so either a slightly slower grower or a late implanter is what you're sure to have! Congrats lady, I am sooooo unbelievably thrilled for you!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

YAY, MP!!!!! That's fabulous news!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!! Don't worry about the dates- that is not a discrepancy you should be worried about at all. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yay MP!!!! So very happy for you! Wasn't that just the most coolest (so far!!!) and relieving thing to see?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hola, dear PS-ers! I took a long hiatus from PS, life got in the way! DH and I just moved into our first house 2 weeks ago and we found out that we're expecting last week! I also got the flu last week before I found out I was pregnant, so it's been a bit crazy at our place...

On that note, I'm so sick of feeling sick! I've been coughing like a madwoman and it gives me a headache and makes me want to vomit. It's just exhausting and there's nothing I can do about it. I tried to go to a doctor, they said to contact my OB. I don't have an OB yet! :blackeye: Other than that, I feel good. I'm 5w0d today, and we're telling our parents this weekend. I can't wait!

Hi everyone, looking forward to hanging out with you all for the next several months!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

MP, yay mama!!!! Don't worry about those dates. They are close enough, it all depends on when she implanted. I have a girl feeling for you by the way! Seeing the heartbeat means great things! Pregnancy is viable now, so try to relax and enjoy!!! :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

MP, I am so happy to see your post!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations, mama!!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Woooo hoooo! Congrats MP! I am so thrilled to see your update! Yay for a healthy growing bean!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MP, congratulations!!! And phsaw, at 7 weeks my bean was measuring 4 days off! Sit back, relax, and enjoy our sticky dust!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you everyone! It truly was an amazing sight to see. I was squeezing DH's hand so hard until we saw that little beating heart! I can't even imagine how awesome it is when it actually looks like a baby!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the baby's size, and I wish I hadn't started googling it because that only made me more uneasy. But you are all right, that I can't get too worked up about it. If I don't hear anything from the clinic today, I will call tomorrow to see what the next step is. I just pray that this little one keeps chugging along!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yay MP! I'm so happy for you! Please try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy now. My baby has been measuring behind the entire time and is still small now, and I was told that they don't even bother changing your due date unless it consistently measures ahead or behind by more than 7 days. Mine was also measuring 4 days behind at my first ultrasound. In the early stages, the baby is so small that those small measurements are easy to screw up and a tiny difference in size makes a big difference in days, if that makes any sense. Tons and tons of sticky dust to you, but like others have said, you've passed a huge hurdle just by seeing that tiny heartbeat! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Hi Sunny D, Congratulations!!! What are your plans re: finding an OB? I bet if you called one, newly preggo and really wanting to be seen because of your flu symptoms, that they would fit you in. Larger practice would be your best bet in that regard.

MP, So happy you were able to see the HB! I hope you can relax some and start enjoying the miracle of it all! I know, easier said than done. Oh, and I'd suggest saying bye-bye to Dr. Google. If you are really concerned, call your RE and talk to them. I am sure you will find his or her wisdom/words from real life experience reassuring.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Re:

sunnyd congratulations! Wishing you a happy and health nine months :)

monkeyprincess hooray for a good scan and a heartbeat :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results