shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Geri! I''m feeling the same way... my breasts haven''t hurt as bad the past couple of days and my bloating has definitely gone down a bit as well. I was a little worried about it but its good to hear that someone else is experiencing the same thing.

Last night I had my first bit of nausea... I woke up from a late nap for dinner and the whole house smelled HORRIBLE to me. I had a couple of bites of my food and ended up only eating the garlic bread because the smells and tastes just were not working for me. DH went out and got me some mineral water and Wendy''s since thats the only thing that sounded ok. I know I need to eat healthy stuff but I figure anything is better than nothing.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Congrats Geri! I''m feeling the same way... my breasts haven''t hurt as bad the past couple of days and my bloating has definitely gone down a bit as well. I was a little worried about it but its good to hear that someone else is experiencing the same thing.

Last night I had my first bit of nausea... I woke up from a late nap for dinner and the whole house smelled HORRIBLE to me. I had a couple of bites of my food and ended up only eating the garlic bread because the smells and tastes just were not working for me. DH went out and got me some mineral water and Wendy''s since thats the only thing that sounded ok. I know I need to eat healthy stuff but I figure anything is better than nothing.

that''s how i was at the beginning. i ate what i could keep down [or what sounded good]. barely anything sounded/tasted/smelled good. and i knew i had to get some food in me!

re: smells, again i was the same. i couldn''t touch the trash or dishes for at least 3 months. it was hard to even open the fridge, even though nothing was even spoiled in there!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Geri!!!

Hope none of you get really bad m/s.

aqua_girl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!
35.gif

About a week ago I posted in the Pregnant thread, but didn''t know about this thread. Since it is still REALLY early days for me I was hoping I could join you guys over here until it all starts to feel a bit more real and like its going to stick around IYKWIM.

So, Ive been doing lots of learning about how pregnant I might be, and I think Ive finally figured it out to be 4.5 weeks. I orginally thought I was about a week in front of myself. Anywhoo- obviously have just tested wayyy too early and been very surprised by such an early positive! I am totally embarrassed about the subsequent number of tests I have done to prove to myself its still there...

Congrats to obiecoo, geri and noelwr! Looks like we''re all in this together!

As I mentioned in last week''s post I have been feeling quite anxious about miscarriage but am trying my best to calm it down and adopt the ''whatever happens, you can''t change it'' approach. I have told two of my friends who have been very excited, which was really nice! Its kind of strange because they''re so beautifully excited and I still feel quite reserved about the whole thing. Excited of course, but also a bit apprehensive.

I wanted to ask, has anyone suffered from really bad gas pain? If thats TMI, sorry!!!!!!! Please don''t read any further. Its not something I usually have, so last night when I could barely move for the feeling of the air pressure it was quite a shock!! My belly blew up like I was about 7 months along. Anyway it only took about 10 minutes (and Ill let you guys imagine what else...
31.gif
) for it to subside. Normal, right? Hope so anyway!

I hope you ladies are having a good day!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
welcome aqua_girl. yep - normal!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and Welcome, Geri and Aqua-girl!

MS was starting to subside but had a huge relapse today. I feel like I''m coming down with something too. I have an appt tomorrow, the last one to make sure everything''s okay before going to the normal pregnancy scheduled appts. However, it looks like we''ll be snowed in so we''ll see what happens!

It''s so sad to see the losses on this thread but really wonderful to see all the new beans coming!

Lots of prayers for all of you!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to Geri and Aqua!

And yep, Geri- the gas is normal. I am lucky not to be effected by MS, but am paying dearly with horrible indigestion and gas. YUK

geri

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome everyone and welcome AquaGirl!!

I haven''t had any smell or food sensitivities yet, a little bloating and gas but unfortunately that is normal for me so I''m hoping it doesn''t get too bad with pregnancy. Otherwise no symptoms other than the occasional mild headache - maybe that is just caffeine withdrawal! It''s weird but I''m almost wishing for more symptoms so it feels real but at the same time I really don''t want bad morning sickness. This waiting game is so frustrating!

Wishing all the JBP ladies all the best over the coming weeks and months. It''s nice to share the journey, especially when you can''t really share with too many others.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to Geri and AquaGirl! I wish you both a healthy and happy pregnancy
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I had an appt today and everything is still good! I won''t really be relieved until I pass 10 weeks as that seems to be the marker for my past. I''m at 8.5 weeks now so not long. It''s still very strange to think that this is my 7th pregnancy.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
SomethingShiny: Only a week and a half to go! I hope everything keeps going well
1.gif

Is anyone else feeling incredibly delicate? I find myself not wanting to get off the couch much less go to work or even just bend down to pick something up because I don''t want to do anything that could cause a miscarriage at this very early stage. I know moving around and working and stuff really can''t cause it but deep down I just can''t shake the worry. I feel like a nutjob.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
hi everyone. today I am 7 weeks preggers.
9.gif
took another HPT (it's my weekly thing) cuz that's all I really got to confirm my condition. anyway, another BFP attached. hope this inspires others to share theirs.

so 2.5 weeks to go until the first U/S. my bbs started hurting this past week, especially at night when I turn. I bought one of those pregnancy pillows but end up either kicking it out of bed after an hour or not even bothering with it. sometimes I bloat, sometimes I don't. I already peed a lot and had a lot gas prior to pregnancy, so I notice no difference now. this past week I started feeling naseous during the day, usually before lunch, but never to the point of having to run to the toilet so so far so good. I don't have any cravings. I don't think anyone suspects anything but when people ask me "How are you" I start thinking oh god, they know!!! they don't of course.

oobiecoo - I've never had that delicate feeling. my mom's always said that being pregnant is not being handicapped, so it shouldn't be treated as such. also DH would never put up with me acting like that. they say sex can't hurt your baby, so if that can't, what can? also I don't want to put on any necessary weight that I have to work extra hard to lose, so I am still on the treadmill every morning (which improves blood flow, bowel movements, the list goes on and on) and trying my best to eat healthy.

somethingshiny - keeping my fingers crossed for you.

noelhpt10dec.JPG

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!
I just wanted to share something that I just learned, you can/possibly should look around to register for birthing classes at week 12-16. I had NO IDEA! Surely this varies from place to place though...

Now I am really scrounging around to find the classes we want and I just hit 19 weeks! It had seemed presumptuous to me to register any earlier, but apparently all the classes near me for the type of course we want are full till the end of March (and they say to register in month 3/4). Yeah, so I will be the 9mth preggo in the class you are supposed to take at 6-7mth. I feel like a huge loser for not knowing this! I live in a major metropolitan area and just assumed that there would be lots of classes available. Yikes. I was so looking forward to meeting moms/dads near us through the classes, now wondering about going across town or just paying for private classes. I also found out I have to turn paperwork in to my work by this week in order to reserve a subsidized daycare spot and to confirm edd. Whoa! Time flies while we sit around googling!

Good luck to you all, just wanted to give you a heads up so that you have time to scope around and find the classes that are right for you, not scrounging around to take whatever is left-over.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 2:49:39 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I had an appt today and everything is still good! I won''t really be relieved until I pass 10 weeks as that seems to be the marker for my past. I''m at 8.5 weeks now so not long. It''s still very strange to think that this is my 7th pregnancy.
Somthingshiny: Lots of dust for you...I hope it sticks this time. Lucky number 7, right?
2.gif

geri

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. Just checking in to say hi but nothing really to report. This waiting game is so frustrating.

We had our first funny story about trying to hide the pregnancy from friends on the weekend. We were away with another couple and we would normally share some nice wines over dinner. I figured they would guess as soon as they saw I wasn''t drinking anything and was trying to work out whether to lie or just tell them. Anyway, I didn''t get a chance to think about it too much because the other girl and I went to the day spa together to have a massage and facial and the beautician announced in front of my friend that I couldn''t have the massage because I was in the first trimester of pregnancy. Guess that let the cat out of the bag! In some ways it was good because it was nice to talk about it and I know they will be very discreet but I almost killed the beautician and told her she should be more discreet in future. Poor thing was mortified. Who knew you weren''t supposed to have massages in your first trimester?!

Noelwr - I like your attitude about pregnancy. I am trying to keep up the exercise routine too. If you don''t mind me asking, were you experiencing any symptoms at 5-6 weeks?

I am feeling fine which I should probably be thankful for but I am now getting a little worried that I have no symptoms other than slightly tender breasts. Does anyone know whether this is normal?

Thanks

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - how horrific that the beautician blurted that out! she definitely needs to learn to be discreet. at least you don't have to worry about how to tell your friend, anymore.

regarding massage, it is not true that you can't have one during the 1st trimester. however, if you're going to have one, it should be by a masseuse who is trained in how to massage pregnant women. I'm glad that at your spa they checked that. when I was at the hotel spa on a business trip, I clearly filled it out on the form, but to be safe I told the masseuse as well, and he was like, "Oh. Then we can't do this particular massage." I wrote it on the form, you dumb ass! anyway, it was a warm jade massage (think hot stone massage) and he said the stones have too much energy and therefore it's not safe. however, he is trained in massaging pregnant women so gave me a normal massage with no massaging of the belly/abodomen/lower back. it was divine. I think I will look into getting a massage once a month and then maybe every two weeks when it gets nearer to the due date.

it is perfectly normal not to feel any symptoms the first weeks (I'm not an expert, but this is what I've understood from what I've read). I think usually morning sickness, sore breasts, frequent urination, fatigue, etc, start anywhere between 6-8 weeks. I did have cramping since 3.5 weeks but I think it was related to gas. I think a lot of we women want to have symptoms so that we have more confirmation that it's progressing well, and our brains start telling us that we're nauseous or that the little cramp we feel is our uterus expanding... when in fact it's not. when we're all hanging over the toilet bowl in a few weeks we'll miss these days of lack of symptoms so enjoy it while you can. as long as you feel good and healthy and can enjoy your normal life you should do so!

my stronger nausea (but controllable, thank god) and sore breasts didn't begin til week 7. plus I'm not as tired now as I was the last two weeks, so I think my fatigue was from jet lag instead of pregnancy (but during that time I was telling myself it was pregnancy fatigue; you see what I mean?). anyway, I'm 3 days into week 8 and no new symptoms. you know, it's strange. when I'm out busy getting a manicure, or having my hair done or just with other people, I never feel nauseous! but when I'm alone I do... so I'm wondering if my boredom is not making my brain overreact.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I''m not pregnant, but I did just find out that my really good friend is 6 weeks pregnant. I have known her since the 7th grade and I have known her husband since I was in 9th grade. I am 23 now so we have known each other for over 10 years.

She and her husband announced it to a bunch of people at a dinner party on Friday. She has been to the doctor, heard the heartbeat, and so far everything is looking good. I am so excited to for her because she is the first out of my group of friends to get pregnant, and no one else is really trying at this point. Yay! Please send lots of sticky dust her way. She will be an amazing mom.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Swimmer - thanks for the heads up! I feel like I am learning so much every day and yet there is so much more to learn. At the same time, I am trying to balance this by not getting too far ahead of myself since it''s still soooo early.

Noelwr - Thanks for the information on massages. I got a bit of a head and shoulder massage which was great but I was looking forward to the whole thing. Will have to keep any eye out for someone trained. If I can''t indulge in a little TLC, when can I?!

I also agree about keeping busy. While we were away on the weekend I was running and swimming and staying up late (well, later anyway) and felt great and wasn''t tired at all but now that I''m back at work I have more time to over-analyse every little twinge. I know I should just enjoy where I am now and feeling good but I am so anxious that the little bean won''t stick. Definitely need to keep myself busy!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - well, in a nutshell, this waiting game sucks! there is nothing you can do even though it''s your body. doesn''t make sense. I guess it''s a good way to start learning patience for motherhood. where in the world are you that you post so early?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Geri! I''m so glad your spotting didn''t interfere with TTC. I know mine worried me lots but turned out to be nothing in the end.

I''m 6 weeks today. We get to see the heartbeat on Thursday. We''re so excited!
9.gif

I know there will be many more milestones but I do feel like I will have some sense of relief after Thursday - assuming all goes well.

geri

Shiny_Rock

This waiting game does really suck. I got my first blood test results back today and my HCG levels are not as high as they should be

8.gif
. My doctor''s response was that maybe the dates were wrong but I can''t say I''m convinced by that. I had a repeat blood test today and will find out tomorrow whether it has gone up again. Fingers crossed for a better result tomorrow.

Noelwr - I am in Australia so most of the time I am posting late in the day rather than really early.

Puppmom - Best of luck for tomorrow.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - I''m sorry to hear that. is it because of your lack of symptoms that they decided to test the HCG levels or is that a standard test? it''s not a standard test where I live.

puppmom - I''m very jealous that you get to see the heartbeat so early. I still have to wait 2 weeks for mine, but I totally agree with you that if that goes well, it will definitely make me worry less and start settling in for the long haul.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Noelwr - It''s just part of the standard blood test to confirm pregnancy. I raised the issue of no symptoms and the doctor said it was normal and that morning sickness wouldn''t normally start until week 6 and when it comes, it comes on with a vengeance. I am trying to stay positive but have also had a little spotting so the combination of everything is making me very nervous. I hoped I would be fairly pragmatic if I got to this point but apparently not.

aqua_girl

Rough_Rock
just popping in to say im sending lots of of dust to you geri!!!! hope everything is okay.

im like you, i always thought id be as cool as a cucumber at this early stage, but its unreal how much the anxiety can hit. I think the hardest part, like noelwr mentioned, is no longer having control over your body, and just have to go along with whatever it decides to do.

anyway, will be waiting to see how you are!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
a tip for you gals who are starting to hit M/S...part of what bothered me for almost 3 months was the smell of my hair products. it didn''t matter what it was, it just grossed me out. well thanks to that...even now at 8 months, i can''t use a lot of my hair products anymore. this last time i went to the stylist, she showed me Bumble''s clear defrizz hair serum (small clear plastic squeeze bottle) to try since i wanted a finishing creme or similar for my hair when done. it is literally almost scentless. i can''t detect any scent to it at all and she said a lot of people love it. so just wanted to toss it out there for anyone who might be starting M/S and finding that they had the same disgusted reaction to a hair product...now my hair is finally all glossy and smooth again after months ! hahaa.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m around 9.5 weeks now and I finally was able to do a workout without feeling like I was going to vomit. Hopefully the morning sickness is on its way out!

Congratulations, puppmom! The heartbeat is so exciting!!

geri~ good luck and lots of prayers for high HCG levels!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:57:28 AM
Author: geri
Noelwr - It''s just part of the standard blood test to confirm pregnancy. I raised the issue of no symptoms and the doctor said it was normal and that morning sickness wouldn''t normally start until week 6 and when it comes, it comes on with a vengeance. I am trying to stay positive but have also had a little spotting so the combination of everything is making me very nervous. I hoped I would be fairly pragmatic if I got to this point but apparently not.

My fingers are crossed for you!

geri

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou all so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

It was a good result today. My hcg levels have gone up quite a bit (a little more than would be expected under the double every 48 hours rule) and are now within range.

I''m relieved for now but know there is still a long way to go. SO is now laughing at me for being a blubbering mess last night. He is willing to blame it on the hormones but is a little scared of what a nightmare I might be from here on! The next test will be an early dating scan next Wednesday and then the initial meeting with the OB the following week. Thanks again for your support.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - I'm so glad it all turned out well. I'm convinced that the first u/s with a good heartbeat will help to settle the nerves. hopefully you'll be able see a heartbeat in next week's scan.

somethingshiny - keeping my fingers crossed for you that m/s will become less and go away completely.

Mara - thanks for the tip, though I luckily have hardly any smell/food aversions. the only thing I'm turning off of is tea! and this is crazy considering I am Queen Tea, and all I ever drank was green, white and any natural teas (never black tea). so now I quite like hot water with a slice of lemon. had to bring slices into work today. have you got any tips for this m/s and saliva problem? when I occasionally feel nauseous, the saliva in my mouth builds and that makes me feel even more nauseous. the only thing that seems to help is to keep eating... but I really don't want to gain weight!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
damn... yesterday I was feeling fine, but today the most nauseous so far.
15.gif
I''ve had lunch so I''m ok now.

but anyway, let''s bring some positive feelings to this thread.

have you done anything in the way of planning for when the baby comes? and if you don''t mind talking about it (hopefully not jinxing it now that it''s still early), what have you done so far?

before I even got pregnant, I had already come up with names (one for boy, one for girl). DH likes the names I chose and will pick out the middle names. funny enough we actually both came up with the same middle name for the girl!

the other thing I did when we decided we would start TTC after the honeymoon is layout the nursery in my mind. so I know what pieces of furniture I want to get (not color or size, specifically) and where they need to go in the room. we both agreed that the baby will definitely not sleep in bed with us. I''d like to do the nursery in month 6 or 7. my brother and I were both born a month early so I want to be prepared for an early arrival.

after my first u/s when I have the feeling that it''s always go well, I will start knitting baby clothes. that''s it for me. how about all of you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results