shape
carat
color
clarity

Just a vent about work...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'd be frustrated, too. But at the end of the day, if you're paid to be there...well, you're paid to be there until the end of the day. It was a nice perk while it lasted. If all you said was that you're upset that the privilege is being taken away and you suggested another alternative, that seems like a reasonable way to handle it. But I do think that you'll have to accept whatever the final answer is, even if it's working until 5.

Personally, I'm the type to beg for work (I like being busy), so I can see how it would bother you to be around for 2 hours doing absolutely nothing, but if you're there you can at least find work to do and keep yourself busy so that the two hours fly by.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 7:16:26 PM
Author: kama_s
Are you getting paid for the 2 hours? If you are, then I think it's fair game. If you aren't, then I can see how it's none of their business. That said, I personally dont think it's too big of a deal....majority of the world does 9-5 and if you would prefer having different hours then you should set your working hours prior to signing on.
I'm really sorry for doing this, but I have to highlight what I said before...only because I think this is the most important point in this discussion: If you want to have different working hours, it must be discussed and documented before you agree on the taking the job.

Also, I asked before but I dont think you mentioned anywhere in your replies if you are getting paid by the hour or not. If you're salary based...then, really, there is nothing left to discuss. You work the hours you get paid for.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 7:36:27 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles

be grateful you have a job at ALL....
29.gif
Fear of losing your job doesn''t mean you should accept mediocre/bad working conditions (and this is in general, not in any way speculating if dreaming''s working conditions are ideal or not). I just really dont think you should make someone feel bad for speaking up at their workplace.

I think OP wants to hear opinions, not someone telling her to be grateful for the job.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
dreaming - hopefully you had a constructive conversation with your boss, where you politely suggested different options to make up the Friday time. If that was the case, I see no reason for your boss to think any less of you, so I hope something can be worked out that''s acceptable to you and your boss. At the end of the day, it''s beneficial to your boss to keep you happy - happy employees are easier to work, and are more productive than those who hate their jobs, and do just enough to get by.

As for your coworker, hopefully she understands that she did a bad thing (if she was trying to get similar benefits for herself). If she did this on purpose to screw you over for some reason, then I''m sure karma will take care of her one day. Either way I wouldn''t worry about her.

To be fair, we don''t know dreaming''s work situation, or her history with this particular boss. No one here can say whether her reaction was appropriate or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results