Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other Sidestones

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other settings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Jubilee was getting just too long and I think a seperate topic on its setting is more appropriate. That said, I'm starting a poll to see which setting most people prefer or think looks nicer.

Picture 1: Blue sapphire trillion sides
Picture 2: Blue sapphire princess sides
No Picture: Blue sapphire trapeziod sides
Other: Open to suggestions

Pictures will be posted shortly.
Also, please note that for some very strange reason I can't see the poll or poll results so I'll just have to count the replies.

One more thing:
The band will be in 18k YG and the head will be in platinum. I like yellow gold but I don't want my diamond to look yellow so this is the best compromise.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 1: Just imagine sapphire sidestones instead. Or do you think some other coloured sidestones will look better?

Trilliion1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 2.

Princess1.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
What about pears?
naughty.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I think the sapphire sidestones will be lovely... Personally I'd probably go for the trillians or the trapezoids, but having that lovely blue on the ring can't be bad
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I did look at pears (I love the RB center w/side pears). I used the BN website with a center Princess to simulate a Jube but it looked kinda weird. There was a noticeable gap between the stones since the rounded end of the pear makes it stick out.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Are they step cut trapezoids? I vote traps...but not if they are step cut....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,

I prefer softer lines with a squarish stone, so don't like the trillions. Traps look good, at least they're tapered. I've attached one of my favorite settings using pears. The stones are burnished into the band and don't have that gap you referred to.

nolandone6.jpeg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
i also voted traps - i think they look great as sides w almost any fancy shape stone... of course, it's all about what you like, not us...
2.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
i vote traps too...i saw a diamond ring once with trapazoid sides, sapphires, and they compliment the stone very well..even better with the shape of the julilee!
appl.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
That's one of the scariest-looking things about the BN paste-a-stone-on thing -- there are huuuuge gaps on either side of the center stone. I can't tell if the settings are really like this, to preserve flexibility (put anything from a .75 to a 1.5 in the same setting? sure!) or whether it's just terrible advertising for what comes out looking much better.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you all know where I can view a setting with Trap sides? I can't seem to find any.
Thanks.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
These are tapered baguettes, but they're somewhat the right shape (and the right colour!):

http://www.mondera.com/buildring_newer/setting_product.asp?mscssid=BKFJ8QH0MMN78KT4JNCLH7WWBLR52687&engage=Y&partno=3003114&productcode=JW&shapeDesc=&classid=140,170

These have traps, but aren't quite right:
http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?engine=froogle&product=9282
http://www.finejewelers.com/item.aspx?n=4747&r=frgl

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ICESTORE!!!! They have tons!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how to post the pic...you can get traps that are long and thin or on the plump side!

http://www.icestore.com/rings/ring_detailts.asp?ID=79

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, good point:

http://www.icestore.com/rings/ring_detailts.asp?ID=79

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean this? It looks lovely (esp. the fine split claw prongs).

I am concerned about the bar across the pavilon making it hard for me to clean the stones.

TR1007A.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more trap samples, first is purple sapphire, second is blue sapphire

040045sm.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue

010108.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, you sure have a whole slew of lovely settings. The last one with the blue traps saphs has just the right proportions for the center stone. A beauty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what I found right here at PS? A picture of a PC with side coloured traps. Just imagine that they are blue instead of yellow. So what do you think?

Trap.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
they are all gonna have that bar silly!!! Well, ok, I take that back, not all, but it's part of a lot of the "traditional" settings I seen for square stones (but mostly princess), including the ones you posted!
1.gif
It does not hinder cleaning in any way!!! I really like the trap look...the only thing is....the jubilee has H&A....and a lot of the traps are pictured with princess and radiants b/c they are similar in cut...dunno...I kind of have a matching thing...but I do like it very much! Can I temp you in some traditional baguettes? How would rounds look if set to look on the square side...you could put that with a round diamond wedding band???
11.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what I'd choose, but I definitely wouldn't choose princesses. I just feel that you'd want sidestones that will highlight the Jub's squareness, and I'm worried that princesses will detract from that.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I vote traps. I also liked that setting someone posted with the burnished pears, very original.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
What about Jubilee side stones?

limey

Shiny_Rock
I had to use a preexisting pear as a sidestone when I upgraded my wife's ring for our 10th anniv. I specifically liked the Jubilee for how the cut corners and rounded pavilion complimented the look of pears....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif
?

JBBlue.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disclaimer:

None of the settings are "mine". I'm not in the jewelry business. I've just collected pics of zillions of rings in my quest to design my own engagement/wedding ring. The only thing I've succeeded at so far is becoming more confused about what I want.
rolleyes.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono;

I think the Jubilee was the wise choice. Hopefully you'll find the perfect setting that you like.

GOG just sent my Jubilee to Vatche to be set. I should get it in about four weeks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's this for a pair of pears? Will the pointy end bother my other fingers?
Limey & DbyBree, what do you think?

MMM, I know all the settings I posted have the blasted bar. It sure looks like I don't have any choice. I am also concerned with the matching thing going on with the Jubilee. I'm not a traditional kind of person hence I don't go for RBs, Baguettes and the usual settings. Even this ring will be sitting alone on my finger, ie no wedding band. But thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, I do want to highlight the squareness of the Jubilee.

I opted for side sapphires instead of side Jubes because I really want the center Jubilee to stand out. I've seen the 3 stone ring and think that it is too much for my taste (plus I want something a little different).

Pear1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results