shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee Anniversary Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/9/2004 11:47:28 AM chrono wrote:

Are the lower right sapphire rounds?

----------------

The picture has been through allot to fit the rest of the drawing, but it started like this
4.gif

RoundNotReally.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
If you like the curvy look, maybe pears on the side? I still think larger trilliants would look good, but if Wink says they won't then I defer to Wink.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Have you decided to go w/ round sides? I really do like the lighter shade of diane's sapphires. Keep us posted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look at this: I mean how can I not love the look. This is sdtincup's ring. I think I am leaning heavily towards round sapphire sidestones now (and in a slightly lighter but brighter shade too). I really like the bright blueness of Diane's sapphires and told Wink that's the blue I want on my sapphires.

My ring will not have all the fancy engraving and additional melee stones but I'm sure it can still retain the tapered look with round sides. I plan to keep the 3 prongs for the sapphire sides. What do you all think? Imagine Diane's ring with double prongs for the center stone and 3 prongs for the sapphires...

Well, I hope Wink will give his blessings and say this is a good idea and is achieveable.

cup.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I like that a lot. I especially like the three prong idea, because it will help the tapered look. Great choice, chrono, though I still love the original!

Sorry I didn't get you the photoshop pics... I couldn't find the basic center I was looking for, and I don't have Ana's skill in creating things from scratch!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, I must say that I AM partial to round sapphires
2.gif
:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, Chrono, I have already ordered in new trillions for you. I hope that they will arrive here on Monday so that you can have them to look at on Tuesday. Please understand that if you wish to change to rounds that this will require basically remaking the entire head structure of the ring.

Wink

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/2/2004 3:07:45 PM chrono wrote:

For those who own or have seen a Jubilee, do you think it looks kind of fake? I mean, it's just too beautiful and the rainbows that shoot out of it is unreal. When I first saw it, my first thought was this can't be a real diamond because it's just too gorgeous.----------------

I just today had someone ask me if my ring was a "Diamonique" becasue she had never seen a diamond "sparkle like that..."
6.gif

I guess those of us with incredibly sparkly stones will just have to suffer this burden in life .
12.gif
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I had a client here the other day who said the Jubilee obviously had to be one of my CZ's, it was too beautiful to be a diamond she said. By the time she looked at it a few more minutes she set up an appointment to drag her husband in here, on his leash if necessary to see it next week.

Wink

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just thought I ought to update this for all those who have been very supportive and helpful with ideas.

Wink did send me 2 sets of sapphires: a pair of trillions and a pair of rounds. The colours are to die for. A bright blue that is so intense I can still see the colour with my hand far away. I am very pleased. I did put the sapphires in the crook between my fingers as advised and I knew right away that's the ones I wanted. Not dark at all. THANK YOU, WINK!
appl.gif

These new puppies do cost a lot more per carat though since the quality is so much better. I've no regrets; I'd rather pay more to get what I like. I picked the 2 rounds (3.6mm each, I think) and the ring and sapphires have been shipped back to Idaho.

With Wink's blessing, the entire head of the ring may be remade to make the stones sit a lot closer to my fingers. I'm not used to high settings. I like the culet to be almost touching my finger. This will cut down a lot of the spinning issue and will not be a dangerous weapon to slash people with, not to mention get it banged around.

That's the story so far. So it's bye bye ring for now. At least I have my Signed Pieces 7 diamond band to play with on my lonely finger.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, please post a before/after picture when you get your ring back.
Would love to see the difference in the sapphire colors side by side.

p.s. Richard just recut my sapphire and Wink is having it reset and the ring sized as we speak.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you Chrono. I'm sure the ring will be great.
Good ole' Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results