color
clarity

Journey before Price Scope

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
wakingdreams53 said:
Thank you Tammy and AutumnNovember!

AutumnNovember, interesting fact I've noticed, we have similar ethnic relationships! I am "Russian," former USSR, so Ukraine. SO is half Italian half Irish (and has some German in him). Just thought it was cute :lol:

No way, really?!!? Thats is so interesting!!! It's funny because I met my SO when I was your age!

SO told me something interesting...

The other day he told one of the nurses he works with that we got engaged. She told him that when he told her about me three years ago she knew that we would get married. He asked why, and she told him that Russian girls never let go of something they love ;-) I had to agree. Do you speak Russian?

Hehehe, I totally agree with that nurse as well. Yes, I speak Russian. :)
My mom got married at 17, so technically, I'm " getting old," haha, just kidding. :twirl: But I know a lot of Westerners would faint from a comment like that. :wink2:
Were your family disappointed that your FI (congrats x1000000000!!) isn't of the same culture? I saw that you wrote that they love him and just want him to learn some Russian (mine's learning... or trying, he keeps saying "Ya tvoya babyshka" which to anyone who doesn't speak Russian means "I am your grandmother" :shock: :lol: )
My cousin married an American girl, but she's very bright and picked up the language rather quickly -- therefore the family approves. Silly how the actual ethnicity doesn't matter, just communication.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WD-

I am so glad that you two talked everything out and I really think this is the best solution for now. Sorry if some advice was too hard to take, but I think that when you are in the position, it's hard to see clearly and it takes people on the outside to help you see "the light". Going through serious issues right now re: my sister and her boyf.... things that I saw all along and she is just now seeing.. It's hard to see things when you are the one involved and in love.

Congrats on the communication! That is a HUGE part of a relationship... now if only any of us could answer your question of WHY did he propose if he clearly thought you two were not ready...????? Could just be that he was thinking with his heart and now his head... and while you should follow your heart, you should definitely add some reasoning too...

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling said:
WD-

I am so glad that you two talked everything out and I really think this is the best solution for now. Sorry if some advice was too hard to take, but I think that when you are in the position, it's hard to see clearly and it takes people on the outside to help you see "the light". Going through serious issues right now re: my sister and her boyf.... things that I saw all along and she is just now seeing.. It's hard to see things when you are the one involved and in love.

Congrats on the communication! That is a HUGE part of a relationship... now if only any of us could answer your question of WHY did he propose if he clearly thought you two were not ready...????? Could just be that he was thinking with his heart and now his head... and while you should follow your heart, you should definitely add some reasoning too...

Thank you so much Amys Bling. Your advice truly hit me the hardest, because I read it then looked at him and said "Do we have communication problems?" To which of course he was appalled and immediately wanted us to talk about whatever was bothering me.
I guess he figured that since it would be a long engagement, the "little things" wouldn't matter. :confused: But anyway, it's alright now.
He looked at me point blank and asked if I want to be engaged and without a doubt in my heart or mind, I said 'no.' That's not typical LIW behavior, I know, but it's what makes sense as of now. Nonetheless, in these passed 10 months I've gotten quite all-things-engagement/marriage knowledgable, so when the time comes I'll be prepared. Until then, he has an Excel sheet named "For Future Reference" :halo:

I do hope that everything turns out alright between your sister and her bf. Blindly in love doesn't mean sheltered from pain. *hugs*

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very true, I think the more in love you are....the more you want things to be so perfect.

P.S. I love the "for future reference" spreadsheet... he will be well informed when the time comes..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results