shape
carat
color
clarity

Josh''s Sapphire Re-Cut''s by Richard Homer have arrived..OUTSTANDING Job

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I received the re-cuts of the sapphires I had cut by Richard Homer for Regina''s ring.

Many of you know I originally sourced these stones from Gary Dutton (DiamondExpert) and had them sent to Homer to be re-cut and bring out some more color and fantastic cutting...

I will let the pictures speak for themselve''s.

Richard Homer is a very talented friendly person who is very passionate and professional about his trade and his cutting is truly a work of art. Richard maintained outstanding communication throughout the whole process and took his time cutting these small sapphires and even making custom spindles to tackle stones which are smaller than usual. Words can''t describe how pleased I am and am honored to put these in Reginas ring to flank her center diamond. I hope everyone here at one point or another gets a chance to see concave faceting and how the play of color and light in a gemstone can come to life with some truly artistic cutting...

Enjoy the pic''s can''t wait to hear everyone''s feedback..
wavey.gif

Joshsapphiresafter.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/20/2004 12:31:00 AM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

Enjoy the pic's can't wait to hear everyone's feedback
----------------

You bet
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Val,

I had a problem attaching both before and after shots the first time. Here's the before and after side by side. What a difference..!
21.gif

finalhomerjosh.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Before 4.6mm and after 4.6mm too???

That's a great precision job!

Congrats, they look so gorgeous!!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Regards,

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
They are spectacular Josh, I can't wait to see the ring all put together!

It's going to knock everyone's collective eyes out!!!

win

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/20/2004 12:45:50 AM Stephan wrote:

Before 4.6mm and after 4.6mm too???

That's a great precision job!

Congrats, they look so gorgeous!!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Regards,

----------------

Thanks Stephan,

Concave faceting involves re-cutting of the pavilion facets only (bottom of the stone). In some cases if the symmetry of the crown or if the the stone is out-of-round a re-polishing of the crown is also necessary..
wavey.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Those turned out beautifully Josh! What a difference. I love the before and after pictures. Congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Josh they are amazingly blue! That is going to be a blinding, amazing ring!! Can't wait to see the photos of when it's all put together. Congrats and great job!!
1.gif

BTW is that you in the avatar?!

3forMe

Rough_Rock
I love sapphires and those are really great looking. I too can't wait to see the finished ring!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Homer's work really brought life to those beauties!! They are gorgeous!!
love.gif

I can't wait to see Regina's finished ring!! It's gonna be a dazzler!!
3.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
WOW great sapphires...

Can't wait to see the finished project

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Josh -

The stones look great! Hats off to Richard Homer! Glad I was able to play a small role in your project. I'm sure the ring will be spectacular! Enjoy!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------

BTW is that you in the avatar?!
----------------

Yes, Mara..
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is behind your head? I want to say a black cat??

I thought you were older, you are much more mature than your years in appearance.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Josh, those look great!

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the finished product.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!
Congrates.

I cant wait to see pics of the finished ring.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
WOW.
10.gif
Amazing color & sparkle. Congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing transformation! I bet Regina is thrilled
9.gif

Michelle

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
They look amazingly beautiful... I am impressed! Congrats!
9.gif
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 2/20/2004 2:15:53 PM Mara wrote:

What is behind your head? I want to say a black cat??

That's funny Mara...Now that I look at it it does look like a black cat.. It is Christmas time in this photo and behind my head is the bottom of a dark stocking with 2 buttons sewn near the bottom..Interesting Perspective you have..
21.gif

Thanks for the compliment on my age...I hope I will always feel 18. As I get older I have realized that adults are usually just their childhood souls in adult bodies (With a couple refinements here and there
21.gif
)..I hope I always keep that sense about myself.. Growing Up..Hmmm...
wacko.gif

garfield

Rough_Rock
Great Job on these sapphires !

Must add my praise for Gary Dutton -aka DiamondExpert - He is a pleasure to do business with.

What is Homer's contact details ? Does he have a website ?

Thanks !

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/22/2004 2:35:46 AM garfield wrote:

Great Job on these sapphires !

Must add my praise for Gary Dutton -aka DiamondExpert - He is a pleasure to do business with.

What is Homer's contact details ? Does he have a website ?

Thanks !
----------------

Hey Garfield,

Richard's website is www.concavegems.com.

From there you will find his personal address. Richard is just getting his website up and running and currently has 3-4 pages of photos of work he has complteted in the past...

I emailed him perssonally and then worked from their. Good Luck and thanks for the comments on the sapphire's..

21.gif

garfield

Rough_Rock
If I may ask, how much was that work done by Mr Homer ?

Besides the magnificant photos - when you look at the sapphires - what is the most noticeable change ?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/22/2004 10:00:45 AM garfield wrote:

If I may ask, how much was that work done by Mr Homer ?

Besides the magnificant photos - when you look at the sapphires - what is the most noticeable change ?

----------------

Well Garfield,

These stones were sourced from madagascar and had excellent color and brilliancy to begin with . After cutting I would say the color seems a little more even and saturated. The most obvious difference to me was the contrast created by the concave faceting from light to dark almost seen as a sort of asterism aeffect eminating from the center of the stone. Very Very unique. Homer custom made some spindels to do this job because the stones I sent him were smaller. These stones came out to be about a 1/2 carat each. Losing only 13% of the original weight due to the of cutting of the pavilion only. In colored gems the difference will be more evident in larger specimens. Larger quality gemstones have much better depth of color because the color zone is larger and the perceived depth and size has also increased. In the larger stones you can really see the detail put into concave faceting...

The largest difference can be seen in crudely cut native stones which have the "windowing" affect and display obvious areas of color zoning. Cutting can often darken or lighten the perceived color hue and improve saturation and overall appearance.

Pricing ranges from the medium Homer is working with along with the size of the stone and what shape and how much work goes into cutting it...

wavey.gif

I will email you a PM on how much the cutting cost...Richard Re-Cuts stones from clients, but you would be better off requesting a medium since he already has access to many different qualities of gem Rough...
wavey.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Those are sweet Josh, and a quick turnaround too.

How about a photo of the pavillion side?

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous! Barely any weight or diameter lost too! Has Regina seen them yet?

From your avatar, I thought it was a cat behind you too. I was going to ask about that...
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/24/2004 12:13:12 PM pulp_princess wrote:

Those are gorgeous! Barely any weight or diameter lost too! Has Regina seen them yet?

From your avatar, I thought it was a cat behind you too. I was going to ask about that...
1.gif

----------------

Regina has seen them and she is thrilled..

Thanks for the compliments everybody..
wavey.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
F&I is at a loss for words
6.gif

Holy Moly! It's amazing how much more saturated the color seems. I'm stunned!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In Response to Ble-Eye's following email:

Hey there ! Did I ever reply to this email from you ??? Drop me another PM if you still need contact information for Richard. I have been working with him for several months now and am more than thrilled ... he is pure genius ! I have 2 stones from him on my desk at the moment. One is a chrome tourmaline, oval concave. The other is an oval ruby-like spinel. They're both so beautiful that it brings tears to my eyes !

Here's the thread Blue Eye's /idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results