clarity

JKT graduation ring is finished!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
AmeliaG|1313280561|2990313 said:
lavatea|1313274820|2990280 said:
AmeliaG|1313268147|2990219 said:
Ahhh, very nice!

May i ask whose idea the swirly designs on either side were? Did you specifically request them or did Julia have another piece already made with them?

Julia came up with that concept. It was one of a couple of sketches she drew up for me. I'm so glad I went with it, even though it wasn't what I had originally intended.

Very nice! I'm waiting on an Asscher from Jeff White now that I'd like to set. I'd like to choose a slightly different design on the side to make it unique but haven't any ideas. It's good to know that Julia can provide you with ideas and designs.

May I ask what your turnaround time with the project was from start to finish?

My turnaround time was a little over a year, but that was entirely my fault (money troubles at every turn it seemed). I'm not sure what an average with JKT would be as this is my first piece.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1313289344|2990377 said:
minmin001|1313257748|2990117 said:
oh dear, it's beautiful! :love: do you mind telling me how much did it cost to get it made by JKT? I'm thinking about doing my first color stone project with her as well and would love to have an idea of the price first~

Minmin001, my ring was going to be very similar to Lavatea's, except with intricate leaf details in between the bridges. The price quoted was near $2000 for 18k gold. After JKT found out she can't work the details in between the bridge, she expected that I will accept the same quote for a ring that'll essentially look like Lavatea's in construction. So between 18k gold and silver with gold details, there's a huge difference in price.

Congratulations on your graduation Lavatea.

That's ridiculous. You wouldn't have expected her to stick with a low quote after adding some detail to the design, so why would she expect the reverse of you? Is there anyway that was a miscommunication??

We actually talked about making this ring in all 18k, but it would have been between 800-900 IIRC. Out of my budget, but definitely not in the 2K range!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the nice comments. I :love: :love: :love: this ring, and I'm glad to have a pretty to share with all of you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
congrats Lavatea! may I ask what you are graduating from? I love the minty stone and your choice of metals for it, the ring is super pretty on your hand..

ps: not that it's an entirely original idea in the world or anything, but thought I would mention that the 'swirls' are very reminiscnet of an idea I came up with and sketched out, which Julia incorporated into my final bracelet design..(opposite bezelled curls at each end, holding gems). That was one of my fave parts of the end design and I'm happy to see it incorporated into a new design that you love ::)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
lavatera|1313308061|2990485 said:
Loving Gems|1313289344|2990377 said:
minmin001|1313257748|2990117 said:
oh dear, it's beautiful! :love: do you mind telling me how much did it cost to get it made by JKT? I'm thinking about doing my first color stone project with her as well and would love to have an idea of the price first~

Mini001, my ring was going to be very similar to Lavatea's, except with intricate leaf details in between the bridges. The price quoted was near $2000 for 18k gold. After JKT found out she can't work the details in between the bridge, she expected that I will accept the same quote for a ring that'll essentially look like Lavatea's in construction. So between 18k gold and silver with gold details, there's a huge difference in price.

Congratulations on your graduation Lavatea.

That's ridiculous. You wouldn't have expected her to stick with a low quote after adding some detail to the design, so why would she expect the reverse of you? Is there anyway that was a miscommunication??

We actually talked about making this ring in all 18k, but it would have been between 800-900 IIRC. Out of my budget, but definitely not in the 2K range!

No, my ring was half done so I already paid half of the fees, when JKT emailed she can't put those details in, of course I wasn't going to accept that. She decided to refund both of my projects instead of coming up with a resolution. The other project (a pendant) is already done and I bought a necklace (not very expensive but still a good amount of money, $600 or so) to go with it, I also showed her the necklace during the project phase.

I let her took full reins on the ring project, she came up with two or so ideas, I mentioned they're both nice, then she merged the two together. It would have been lovely if she pulled it off, I had my doubts but she insisted that it's doable. I got the quote and now the projects are double my initial budget that I discussed with her last year. I accepted the quote a few days later, she mentioned she was about to up the quote due to rising gold prices, and that I accepted just in time.

Anyway it seems I nearly overpaid, I had a few bad experiences so I don't easily compromise these days, and more aware of what to watch out for. Also it seems she banned my ISP address from accessing her website. :lol:

Your ring is lovely and glad it turned out well. :appl:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1313307899|2990484 said:
AmeliaG|1313280561|2990313 said:
lavatea|1313274820|2990280 said:
AmeliaG|1313268147|2990219 said:
Ahhh, very nice!

May i ask whose idea the swirly designs on either side were? Did you specifically request them or did Julia have another piece already made with them?

Julia came up with that concept. It was one of a couple of sketches she drew up for me. I'm so glad I went with it, even though it wasn't what I had originally intended.

Very nice! I'm waiting on an Asscher from Jeff White now that I'd like to set. I'd like to choose a slightly different design on the side to make it unique but haven't any ideas. It's good to know that Julia can provide you with ideas and designs.

May I ask what your turnaround time with the project was from start to finish?

My turnaround time was a little over a year, but that was entirely my fault (money troubles at every turn it seemed). I'm not sure what an average with JKT would be as this is my first piece.

Thanks lavatea. A year would be too long for me but I understand there are extenuating circumstances. This will be my first custom project; still waiting for the stone to get moving.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane|1313311105|2990494 said:
congrats Lavatea! may I ask what you are graduating from? I love the minty stone and your choice of metals for it, the ring is super pretty on your hand..

ps: not that it's an entirely original idea in the world or anything, but thought I would mention that the 'swirls' are very reminiscnet of an idea I came up with and sketched out, which Julia incorporated into my final bracelet design..(opposite bezelled curls at each end, holding gems). That was one of my fave parts of the end design and I'm happy to see it incorporated into a new design that you love ::)

I actually graduated in December, lol. I'm now a nurse with a BSN degree. It's so nice to finally have the ring to commemorate the accomplishment.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Great ring for a great occasion, Lavatea. It's truly beautiful -- love the metal colors w/the stone, shows it off to the best. I can see you wearing it happily for many years.

--- Laurie

kt

Shiny_Rock
Love the two tone/two layer bezel! I have to make a note of that for future reference!!! It's beautiful!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ring is stunning! Very feminine and lovely.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
The ring is beautiful Lavatea!! Congrats on your degree and such a pretty way to remember all your hard work.

May I ask what your ring size is? I love the proportions of your stone to the side details, and am trying to decide what size stone I should be looking for to get the look I want.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is a size 6. The stone is 6.2 mm square (1.27 cts), and the side diamonds are 1.3 mm each (I believe). HTH, and thanks for the lovely comments. :)

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! That helps a lot :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results