Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewler in chicago

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kwschro

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know a good place to buy a diamond in the Chicago/Chicago land area? I heard that it's best to buy a bonded diamond, but I have not been able to find a jewler that sells them. thanks

Ktrain1

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for a place that sell GIA certified stones at a fair price. I would recommend a place called P&J Creations. It is on Wabash a little south of washington. I bought a 1.3C princess cut that looks wonderful. I dealt with a sale women named Lynn. She was very nice and helpful. There prices seemed to be in with what I found online. They also have a 30 day no questions asked refund policy. The are a wholesaler who deals in a little retail. They company created all six of the Bull Championship rings. Also as far as setting go they will create one from a picture if you do like any that the have. Hope this helps!

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Don't know about P&J Creations, probably worth a look, but I had singularly bad experiences on jeweler's row. I would ask for proportions on stones, or have a sarin report run on GIA certed stones with laughable results. First, many did not know about AGS. Most did not know what a sarin machine was. When I explained proportions I would be tut-tutted and told what I really needed to worry about was color. One time, when I explained what a sarin or ogi machine was, I was pointedly asked how long I have been in the business. :confused: Let me tell you something about myself: I am 28. I sometimes look 23-24 ... if I don't shave for a few days.

Basically I lost trust in Chicago jewelers very quickly and it was not for a lack of looking - after all, I needed to SEE what I had been reading about :read: .

I had an excellent experience working with bluenile.com and finally made my purchase from www.niceice.com.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
There are quite a few good places to shop in the Wabash area, just got to find them...

scaasi

:appl:

whatever987

Rough_Rock
Being from the Chicago area, and after several months of being disappointed and wasting time and mileage, I went with Diamond Brokers of Florida (see my earlier post tonight). It was far easier, no travel involved, and not having to pay sales tax makes a big difference in our tax-happy locale.

I'd really suggest you drop a line to Jan and/or any of the other online dealers. Use local stores to firm up what you want, then cut your best deal online. I'm VERY happy I did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.