shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewler in chicago

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kwschro

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know a good place to buy a diamond in the Chicago/Chicago land area? I heard that it's best to buy a bonded diamond, but I have not been able to find a jewler that sells them. thanks

Ktrain1

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for a place that sell GIA certified stones at a fair price. I would recommend a place called P&J Creations. It is on Wabash a little south of washington. I bought a 1.3C princess cut that looks wonderful. I dealt with a sale women named Lynn. She was very nice and helpful. There prices seemed to be in with what I found online. They also have a 30 day no questions asked refund policy. The are a wholesaler who deals in a little retail. They company created all six of the Bull Championship rings. Also as far as setting go they will create one from a picture if you do like any that the have. Hope this helps!

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Don't know about P&J Creations, probably worth a look, but I had singularly bad experiences on jeweler's row. I would ask for proportions on stones, or have a sarin report run on GIA certed stones with laughable results. First, many did not know about AGS. Most did not know what a sarin machine was. When I explained proportions I would be tut-tutted and told what I really needed to worry about was color. One time, when I explained what a sarin or ogi machine was, I was pointedly asked how long I have been in the business. :confused: Let me tell you something about myself: I am 28. I sometimes look 23-24 ... if I don't shave for a few days.

Basically I lost trust in Chicago jewelers very quickly and it was not for a lack of looking - after all, I needed to SEE what I had been reading about :read: .

I had an excellent experience working with bluenile.com and finally made my purchase from www.niceice.com.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
There are quite a few good places to shop in the Wabash area, just got to find them...

scaasi

:appl:

whatever987

Rough_Rock
Being from the Chicago area, and after several months of being disappointed and wasting time and mileage, I went with Diamond Brokers of Florida (see my earlier post tonight). It was far easier, no travel involved, and not having to pay sales tax makes a big difference in our tax-happy locale.

I'd really suggest you drop a line to Jan and/or any of the other online dealers. Use local stores to firm up what you want, then cut your best deal online. I'm VERY happy I did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results