shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Remodel Part One

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I agreed that we weren't going to get any expensive gifts for Christmas this year since we took our big vacation in October, but I did manage to convince him to let me do a little "remodeling" of some of my existing jewelry. When I got my three stone ring last year I had the one carat G SI2 diamond from my old ring put into this Claude Thibaudeau platinum ring to wear on my right hand. I just had my jeweler remove the diamond (he is making it into a custom pendant for me, that will be part two when it is ready). He brought in some pink sapphires for me to look at and this is the one I chose for this ring. Here is a merged before and after pic. I really like the change!

CBmergedagain.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Here is the ring in the box from the jewelers.

pinksappbox.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
One more hand shot.

pinksapphand.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sundial,

First, I love that setting. Second, I love the pink sapphire in that setting!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! I can''t wait to see the pendant. How are you setting it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial, that pink sapphire really POPS in your setting! Yum yum!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kimberly, Anastasia, and DeeJay! I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I think it makes a better right hand ring now. As for the pendant I talked to my jeweler about some type of halo setting and he suggested more of a cluster type arrangment with 3/4 total carats of small diamonds around the solitaire with a bezel on the outside. It should be ready before Christmas and I'll post pics. He had a pendant like this in his store and it was gorgeous.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really makes the new ring very feminine with that bright pink color. I love it! What type of pendant are you going to make with the diamond?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. It is a great shade of pink.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea, Sundial! I love the pink sapphire in that setting!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore pink sapphires and it looks awesome in your ring Sundial!!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much KC, Tacori, DS, and Lisa!!! I am enjoying having some color again and this will also solve my need for a bigger pendant since I upgraded my studs. Don''t you have a pink sapphire ring too Lisa???

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial,

Remodeling is such fun, isn’t it? The pink sapphire look beautiful in that setting!!! Congrats!!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh....I love remodeling esp. jewelry remodeling. I think the pink sapphire looks even better than the diamond in that setting! Love it!! I can't wait to see your pendant.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is great! I love a two fer! Cannot wait to see the pendant, what is your idea for it?

I took my original e ring that was in a paved bezel and just re set it. It was an exisiting necklace that I bought that had a similarly sized blue topaz. I swaped my e ring stone for the blue one and now have a pendant with a halo and the halo has an airline around the stone. I am putting the blue stone in my old setting, since I hope the color will freshen the setting up a bit. I am excited because the two stones were the same dimensions so that the swaped worked well.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Jewelry remodeling IS fun isn''t it? Maybe we need a whole thread on this!
2.gif
Thank you for your kind comments Rock Candy, Jewels, and Diamondfan. Sounds like you made a pretty good gemstone swap too DF, now where are the pictures???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the new diamond necklace, not the one with the blue stone yet. I can try to get a decent photo and ask Irina to post it...probably later when my kids are finally in bed. I love remodeling things. The jeweler thought I was a genius because I got the necklace for not a lot, and it save custom work and labor. It just happened to work out perfectly!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love how this turned out! I thought it was stunning before with the diamond and I was sad you changed it...but I changed my mind when I looked at the pink!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, the pink is such a great contrast with the platinum. Can''t wait to see the pendant!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Facetfire and Elsie! We''ve all been working on nice new jewelry projects haven''t we? Diamondfan I hope you can get a picture of your necklace to Irina to post for us!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful pink sapphire! I love the style of your setting as well! They really look great together!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ve been in a hole and didn''t see this. All the sudden I logged on and saw the new avatar. I''ve been really busy at work and haven''t had the energy to reply a lot lately. This is just gorgeous Sundial. You have wonderful taste.
I agree with someone starting a thread on remodeling. Such a great idea.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jfo and Julia! I like your new avatar too Julia and it is so sweet of you to take time out from a busy work schedule to find my thread!!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color on that pink sapph you put in the setting! It looks wonderful.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks FG! I''m loving a little pink for a change.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, I love the pink sapphire! It''s so pretty!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did forward a couple bad photos to Irina, so you should see them soon...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here we are diamondfan, another one is too contrast and those beautiful DBTY are not in the frame. Can you turn off flash and reposition the chain too please?

RemodPro.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow sundial, it looks perfect!
36.gif
well done! good for you.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Leila and Belle! Diamondfan we need to create a new thread for this beautiful pendant!!! I really like the design of this and it is kind of on the lines of the one I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results