shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts12181

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just bought an e-ring and it came with an appraisal. Now I'm interested in possibly purchasing insurance for the ring, but where do I start? Who are the big jewelry insurance companies? What do I need to supply them to get a quote? Are there online resouces where you can learn about how jewelry insurance works? Any traps I should be aware of?

By the way, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hearts

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PS. You might start by typing in Jeweler insurance in the search box. you''ll find a ton of info will pop up. the 2 big companies are Jewelers Mutual and Chubb. Many folks are also very happy with just adding their rings as a seperate jewelry rider on their homeowners or renters insurance. each company has different requirements. If going with homeowners I''d provide as much info as you can on your stone b/c most have replacement type clauses in them and that way you can be sure you''ll get the same quality back. also, i''d only insure for a little more than the purchase price, paying high premiums on overinflated values is just a waste of money IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results