shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts12181

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just bought an e-ring and it came with an appraisal. Now I'm interested in possibly purchasing insurance for the ring, but where do I start? Who are the big jewelry insurance companies? What do I need to supply them to get a quote? Are there online resouces where you can learn about how jewelry insurance works? Any traps I should be aware of?

By the way, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hearts

Hi and welcome to PS. You might start by typing in Jeweler insurance in the search box. you''ll find a ton of info will pop up. the 2 big companies are Jewelers Mutual and Chubb. Many folks are also very happy with just adding their rings as a seperate jewelry rider on their homeowners or renters insurance. each company has different requirements. If going with homeowners I''d provide as much info as you can on your stone b/c most have replacement type clauses in them and that way you can be sure you''ll get the same quality back. also, i''d only insure for a little more than the purchase price, paying high premiums on overinflated values is just a waste of money IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP