shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry cleaner?

Linny

Shiny_Rock
I know there was a thread a while back about jewelry cleaner machines people like? Mine just stopped working (it was a combo steam cleaner and UV cleaner) so I’m in the market for a new one. I would love to hear what people are using and liking these days! Many thanks in advance for all your thoughts!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lavish jewelry cleaner.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have had various ultrasonics and steamers over the years, but I have to tell you... some boiling water in a little dish mixed with a drop or so of Dawn, swish it around, add in the ring. Let it soak. Take small brush meant for jewelry, give a little “scrub” all around, especially between prongs and as much of the pavilion you can get to, and it’s the best clean I’ve ever had. I don’t even use my ultrasonic or steamer anymore.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Got to agree with @headlight . I bought an ultrasonic but it doesn't clean betwwwn the prongs or on small areas. Tbh I noticed no difference after using it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Got to agree with @headlight . I bought an ultrasonic but it doesn't clean betwwwn the prongs or on small areas. Tbh I noticed no difference after using it.

Agree! I was hating my ring until I started to clean it this way and now it looks gorgeous and I remember why I liked it to begin with!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also agree with @headlight I have a steamer for intricate pieces or if something really needs ‘blasting’ in crevices, but otherwise hot water, dawn & a soak/gentle brushing do the trick. And I dry with a high-powered blower w/concentrator so there aren’t any water spots.

I also think Lavish does a good job, but not any better IMO than ‘ole reliable’ above, so I take it with me for travel when hot water & Dawn aren’t practical.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I have a GemOro 1.5pt, and it works amazingly well. I've cleaned with dawn & a bit of ammonia (which does work well), and when I loupe the rings, there is a difference in the cleanliness, to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results