Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry cleaner?

Linny

Rough_Rock
I know there was a thread a while back about jewelry cleaner machines people like? Mine just stopped working (it was a combo steam cleaner and UV cleaner) so I’m in the market for a new one. I would love to hear what people are using and liking these days! Many thanks in advance for all your thoughts!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have had various ultrasonics and steamers over the years, but I have to tell you... some boiling water in a little dish mixed with a drop or so of Dawn, swish it around, add in the ring. Let it soak. Take small brush meant for jewelry, give a little “scrub” all around, especially between prongs and as much of the pavilion you can get to, and it’s the best clean I’ve ever had. I don’t even use my ultrasonic or steamer anymore.

Polabowla

Shiny_Rock
Got to agree with @headlight . I bought an ultrasonic but it doesn't clean betwwwn the prongs or on small areas. Tbh I noticed no difference after using it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Got to agree with @headlight . I bought an ultrasonic but it doesn't clean betwwwn the prongs or on small areas. Tbh I noticed no difference after using it.
Agree! I was hating my ring until I started to clean it this way and now it looks gorgeous and I remember why I liked it to begin with!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also agree with @headlight I have a steamer for intricate pieces or if something really needs ‘blasting’ in crevices, but otherwise hot water, dawn & a soak/gentle brushing do the trick. And I dry with a high-powered blower w/concentrator so there aren’t any water spots.

I also think Lavish does a good job, but not any better IMO than ‘ole reliable’ above, so I take it with me for travel when hot water & Dawn aren’t practical.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I have a GemOro 1.5pt, and it works amazingly well. I've cleaned with dawn & a bit of ammonia (which does work well), and when I loupe the rings, there is a difference in the cleanliness, to me.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.