shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry bucket list -- what have you gotten, what's left to find?!

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
Another item ticked off on my previous bucket list has materialised, in that I now have a sizable blue-green Tourmaline of my own.

When I say "my own" is that, I have yet to complete the payment required for the stone, however, Jeff has finished cutting it for me, and sent me the video of the finished stone yesterday, and it is lovely!

I have asked him for a glamour shot of the finished stone, and shall start a thread separately when I have it, along with ring design inspirations. :))

DK
I don't mean to threadjack but I had a question about cutting as I've never ordered a gem like this before where it's being "cut". Did you ask for a specific stone/shape/measurement? I posted a question about searching for a stone to fit a setting and getting one cut; never got a response. I am intrigued by what you say getting a tourmaline cut. I look forward to seeing it as it sounds so pretty.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean to threadjack but I had a question about cutting as I've never ordered a gem like this before where it's being "cut". Did you ask for a specific stone/shape/measurement? I posted a question about searching for a stone to fit a setting and getting one cut; never got a response. I am intrigued by what you say getting a tourmaline cut. I look forward to seeing it as it sounds so pretty.

Responded in your other thread.

DK :))

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Aww one day! And the journey is so much fun. Enjoy.

I wish I could hug a panda. Who’s with me?
:)

Thats my bucket list too :D:D I travelled to China because I want to hug a Panda and after I arranged my trip, they don’t have that anymore :cry2:... Got to see a baby giant Panda instead. 0F679453-4A32-4786-9DC7-68EEE1C8EEE8.jpeg

I still have a longggg bucket list:
1. 9mm MRB
2. 3ct OEC K color
3. Emerald&diamond ring
4. Upgrade my studs, while its a perfect size when I bought it, now that I’m getting older I can wear a bigger one. I realized when I was on my early 20s 1ctw looks too old for me, maybe when I’m 40 I should get close to 2ctw.
my ears are having a break because I accidentally loat the back of my stud to the drain.

hummm.. its not that long actually but being a SAHM with no job, its quite a lot already :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope so! I have to play my least favorite thing which is the waiting game.

I know the feeling.

Your necklace is stupendous though. It's downright regal. I can't wait for some mod shots.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Done:
  • My dream OEC 3 stone - ~2ctw of white, flowery perfection!
IMG-4188 (1).jpg
  • Moonstone cluster RHR
IMG-4006.jpg
  • Dream gem quality Akoya studs - thread here
  • A tahitian pearl harvest bracelet - love at first sight! - thread here

Next up (hopefully this year?):
  • My sapphire RHR (in the works) - thread here
  • Blue baroque Akoya tin cup bracelet
  • Blue pearl studs (Akoyas or Tahitians)
  • Mabe pearl pendant
IMG-5298.jpg IMG-5297.jpg
IMG-5299.jpg

(Hopefully over the next 1.5-3 yrs):
  • 4 stacking bands! Enhoerning's multi color sapphire band; Leen Heyne's twist band; CVB's sapphire Riviere; small Cartier Trinity
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.50.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.43.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.50.45 AM.png 1612202001761.png

Pipe dreams (3+ yrs out unless I score a deal):
  • Sleepy ruby or spinel RHR
  • 1-1.5 ctw OEC diamond studs
  • French cut diamond eternity

Last edited:

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
I could probably name hundreds of items. But the three killer items still on the bucket list:
  • 3ct+ MRB in a classic six prong platinum setting
  • 2ctw diamond studs
  • Cartier Ballon Bleu watch
If all goes well then one (or possibly two) out of three will be possible this year.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats my bucket list too :D:D I travelled to China because I want to hug a Panda and after I arranged my trip, they don’t have that anymore :cry2:... Got to see a baby giant Panda instead. 0F679453-4A32-4786-9DC7-68EEE1C8EEE8.jpeg

I still have a longggg bucket list:
1. 9mm MRB
2. 3ct OEC K color
3. Emerald&diamond ring
4. Upgrade my studs, while its a perfect size when I bought it, now that I’m getting older I can wear a bigger one. I realized when I was on my early 20s 1ctw looks too old for me, maybe when I’m 40 I should get close to 2ctw.
my ears are having a break because I accidentally loat the back of my stud to the drain.

hummm.. its not that long actually but being a SAHM with no job, its quite a lot already :lol:

Awwwww so sweet! I am sorry you didn't get to hug a panda during your trip though. How disappointing! My grandparents got to hug pandas when they traveled to China but that was so many decades ago. I remember thinking it was worth the trip to be able to do that and this is from someone (me) who hates hates hates flying.

Your list of bling is quite impressive and I hope you realize every single on of those lovely items.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean would that be a SoC mabe, as that's what it looks like in the pic?

I LOVE blues in Tahitian pearls, and also the delicate colours of SoC pearls.

I may have to add a SoC mabe as a pendant on my bucket list (got 2 rings already).

DK :lol-2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look amazing on you. What size are they @MakingTheGrade ?
10-11.6mm, I have more info and pics here if you're curious:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I’m very happy with what I have; the only thing left on my bucket list is a custom St. Christopher medal. I almost had one made last year when I was working on some other projects, but I hadn’t settled on exactly what I want and I still haven’t. It’ll happen at some point though.

Beyond that I’m sure I’ll still acquire and enjoy new things, but nothing else I’m really set on.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
10-11.6mm, I have more info and pics here if you're curious:

Thank you.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
All I really have left on my “complete the jewelry wardrobe” list are Inside out diamond hoops in white gold or platinum and a rose gold bangle. For projects I want to set a lab ruby I recently had cut by Gary at Finewater Gems into a pendant- still figuring out exactly what I want :). After that I am sure I’ll see things I like but no list items. I’m trying to be less of a magpie and think out my purchases :lol: and no more rings! I love them but I already have enough that I love.

Attachments

• DCCD4789-3AEC-4ACC-B3EE-3FBBB3D4865C.jpeg
    DCCD4789-3AEC-4ACC-B3EE-3FBBB3D4865C.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 82D1554E-E377-416D-9875-190FC3C1C5CD.jpeg
    82D1554E-E377-416D-9875-190FC3C1C5CD.jpeg
    633.8 KB · Views: 9

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Settings, re-set settings, re-set-re-set settings. Settingssettingssettings.

Did I mention I have over 10ctw of unset diamonds lying around??! ... :roll2: ...

I'd like to re-set my EC, but am going back and forth on it.

I need a yellow diamond small stud for my outer piercing to wear with my re-set EC (if I ever do it).

I want to re-set my purple spinel into a thin ruby halo, then a bigger diamond halo.

I want to use a bunch of my diamonds to make pave mosaic studs.

I want to do a pave-mosaic heart pendant.

I have a perfect set of colorless VS /VVS GIA certified super ideal 26 and 27 pointers, with which I want to make an anniversary band. Or maybe the hoop earrings to end all hoop earrings. Think: AGBF's diamond hoop stunners. Woo hoooooo!

I'm replacing the center stone in my Christmas ring with something cleaner and larger, which is currently being cut by Jeff White.

I have some gorgeous rubellites, with which I want to make snowflake studs...and use up some of my diamond melee!

I want to set my 1.09 F VS2 Ascendancy diamond into my Gloria Floria design.

I want to tweak a bracelet I have and add a charm to it.

With any leftover melee, I want to make an asymmetric necklace, which I'll use to hang the mosaic pendant.

And I want to finish my enamel charm bracelet. OR DIE. This one is actually going back to DKJ this week to be done. I love this bracelet. Or - at least - I *will* love this bracelet when it's done!

Before the Humira bad news, I had hoped to do most of these this year. Now I'm hoping to do maybe...4 or 5? Probably the enamel bracelet, the Gloria Floria, the snowflake earings, adding the charm to my otherwise-plain bracelet and, lastly, tweaking my Christmas ring - since the new center is already being cut for it. Next year will be the EC reset, the yellow diamond stud, the mosaic earrings, and the spinel re-set. The heart pendant and the anniversary ring will, I suspect, just sort of happen somewhere along the way - possibly/probably my birthday the following year. But the asymmetric necklace, which will be a huge amount of work and cost a motsa, will probably be for my 40th anniversary in 3 years.

Above all things, I want blue pearls. But I'm starting to think that's a pipe dream, so it's not even on the list. We'll see, tho. I have someone who I think *might* be able to pull the proverbial bunny - so I'm waiting with my fingers crossed. Gotta resolve some health things first, tho, so the jewelry is not at the head of the queue as yet.

But all good things.... :bigsmile:

ETA Do not pull bunnies - out of hats or anything. They dislike it and it makes them cross and persnickety.

You may be interested to learn that the last of your post inspired me to learn all about rabbits’ habits of expressing indignation in form(s) of indigestion. Yes, forms, plural: https://squeaksandnibbles.com/diarrhea-in-rabbits/

I should’ve stayed on the blue pearls... :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My own list is embarrassingly long and fickle. A pink diamond band, a pair of Buccellati earrings (I want a very specific stone combination, so - whenever I happen to get sticky paws on it), and a pair of emeralds are on the “one day, sooner than later” page.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I crave a pendant with AAA jade...I fell in love with jade when I saw a pic of the Hutton jade necklace...that jade is straight from heaven...

Attachments

• CartierBarbara001.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg
    CartierBarbara001.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Or this ring... 88540fff75b5396e388c760695fe54ad--jadeite-joie.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to work on my earring collection. I think I am ready to have more than one pair that I wear daily. So I think I want the following pairs regardless of whatever else I get.

1. One more daily wear piece, ideally will be white metal with diamonds. Relatively small and light weight.
2. Hoops. Been trying to figure this out. I thought I wanted the Tiffany Elsa Peretti hoops but they only have those in silver, and I think my ears will not like that. Testing out another pair now, and trying to figure out if I would wear them much.
3. Cartier JUC earrings, little ones. Have gone back and forth on those for years.
4. Pendant - ready for a larger diamond pendant in the next couple of years
5. Rolex
6. JLC
7. Emerald ring
8. Finish charm necklace over next year or two
9. Maybe - larger studs. I'm sick of my studs right now, so I'm not sure if I will want a pair in the future. I realize I go through cycles of 4-6 years. Even if I really love a certain piece, I eventually tire of them. If and when I feel a desire for them, I will consider buying a larger pair.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wahoo! I can cross the ombré off my list!

658980DF-5225-4EC0-8C6F-D45894719997.jpeg

I can honestly say I don't know who wears these better...they are stunning on you and also stunning on Shale. You two are a wonderful team and make pearls look uber glamorous. :love:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
My own list is embarrassingly long and fickle. A pink diamond band, a pair of Buccellati earrings (I want a very specific stone combination, so - whenever I happen to get sticky paws on it), and a pair of emeralds are on the “one day, sooner than later” page.

I love Buccellati! Which earrings are on your list? I saw such gorgeous pieces when we were in Florence. Each piece is so exquisitely made.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I grabbed this pic from the 'show me your casual pearls' thread, I'll get better pics tomorrow. There are a couple of pearls that are well, blue, but they are also very baroque. IMG_20210102_122030761.jpg

SO pretty! Wow!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean would that be a SoC mabe, as that's what it looks like in the pic?

I LOVE blues in Tahitian pearls, and also the delicate colours of SoC pearls.

I may have to add a SoC mabe as a pendant on my bucket list (got 2 rings already).

DK :lol-2:

Yes you are right! I loooooove them from what I can see in pictures! Darn PS for exposing me to such rare delicacies :lol:

I could imagine myself getting multiple SoC pearls - but there is something special about the mabes to me. They are just mesmerizing!

I have seen your gorgeous ring on the forum - I believe only one 14k WG with a halo - I would be curious to see your other one! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results