shape
carat
color
clarity

Kamoka harvest bracelet - sizing question

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Backstory:

I am just getting to learn about pearls. I was poking around websites to get a sense for things I liked, and stumbled across Kamoka's site. The moment I saw this I fell in love: https://kamokapearls.com/collections/bracelets/products/tahitian-pearl-harvest-bracelet-7

1611590375350.png
1611590384467.png

I was hemming and hawing about whether I should take the plunge on the Kamoka harvest bracelet and reallocate funds from my sapphire setting to this because I was just enamored. I've been relentlessly revisiting the site to make sure NO ONE had bought it. Not exactly rational...but is love rational?

I re-visited the site for the 1,000,000x this AM and got a pop-up for a small discount.

I have the nicest husband in the world. He just softly said - "Happy Valentine's day" and told me to get it. SQUEEEEEEEEE.

So, I am elated. This is my first real pearl bracelet. Not exactly a classic, a bit untraditional, but it is very "me".

Sizing question:

I have no knowledge of sizing. My wrist measures 6.25inches - will 7.5inches fit? Does anyone have any insight? I don't like loose, floppy bracelets.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any personal experience but found this guide which I hope is helpful. I am so excited for you! The bracelet is gorgeous.

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ask the vendor to measure the inside circumference of the bracelet. With smaller pearls it won't be as much of a concern, and if anything may be a little bit large. However, the best way to determine is to take a cloth tape measure and see if they can measure the "around" on the inside part of the pearls as it will align better with your wrist measurement.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ask the vendor to measure the inside circumference of the bracelet. With smaller pearls it won't be as much of a concern, and if anything may be a little bit large. However, the best way to determine is to take a cloth tape measure and see if they can measure the "around" on the inside part of the pearls as it will align better with your wrist measurement.

Thank you so much for the tip! I will definitely do that.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
They responded back - the woman who made it actually has the same size wrist as I do, and says it fits her, with a little room.

They said they can restring if need be. I don't want to fiddle with it until I try it on, and can determine my preference for fit. The only bracelet I have is a charm bracelet that is 7.75inches and I know is too big / loose for my comfort.

I will be sure to share pics!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They responded back - the woman who made it actually has the same size wrist as I do, and says it fits her, with a little room.

They said they can restring if need be. I don't want to fiddle with it until I try it on, and can determine my preference for fit. The only bracelet I have is a charm bracelet that is 7.75inches and I know is too big / loose for my comfort.

I will be sure to share pics!

I do find my pearl bracelets need to be longer than gold bracelets because the diameter of the pearls makes the inside circumference smaller. So my tennis bracelet that is 6.5” is very loose on me and slides up and down but my pearl bracelet of the same length is perfect and sits right at the narrowest per of my wrist and doesn’t move.

I think I would also order it first and see how it fits before messing with it since you seem to love the look of it now. And who knows. Maybe if it’s a little loose, more excuses to get more pearl bracelets to stack with it. Hehe.

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The advantage of having a bracelet like this, with a hodgepodge of pearls, is that should you need to adjust length minimally, you can add in or remove a certain size pearl -- even if very small -- and you can easily adjust. This as opposed to having a more traditionally sized piece, say matching 10-11mm pearls, where adding or removing something significantly different sized would look awkward and be difficult to match.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I do find my pearl bracelets need to be longer than gold bracelets because the diameter of the pearls makes the inside circumference smaller. So my tennis bracelet that is 6.5” is very loose on me and slides up and down but my pearl bracelet of the same length is perfect and sits right at the narrowest per of my wrist and doesn’t move.

I think I would also order it first and see how it fits before messing with it since you seem to love the look of it now. And who knows. Maybe if it’s a little loose, more excuses to get more pearl bracelets to stack with it. Hehe.

Super good to know. I am really curious to see how it fits. It makes sense that the circumference of pearls really impacts fit.

This is also making me realize I really need to shorten my pearl charm bracelet...it is a funk piece that was given to me as a gift about a decade before I really appreciated it.

It does sound like a smidge loose will be just fine! I can always wear on my wrist with my watch. Can't wait til it gets here!

Also random comment - loving all of your pearl stacking looks lately. It is super fun and soooo not the stuffy pearl look that I had grown acquainted with peripherally. You are giving me some inspiration!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The advantage of having a bracelet like this, with a hodgepodge of pearls, is that should you need to adjust length minimally, you can add in or remove a certain size pearl -- even if very small -- and you can easily adjust. This as opposed to having a more traditionally sized piece, say matching 10-11mm pearls, where adding or removing something significantly different sized would look awkward and be difficult to match.

Yes this is an excellent point. I will also be treating this as a test for bracelet lengths in the future! Gotta start somewhere and glad to know this style seems fairly forgiving.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I just happened to fall in love with a Kamoka bracelet myself two months ago. The owner emailed me back when I asked about resizing and said no problem. I had to pay to have it restrung but it was worth it. They sent me the two pearls they took off. I also changed the clasp to something else they had in stock. Super nice people and great customer service.

Now contemplating the a pair of Kesha earrings and Mano bracelets for my teenage boys.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for pictures, I love the design.:love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hello, I just happened to fall in love with a Kamoka bracelet myself two months ago. The owner emailed me back when I asked about resizing and said no problem. I had to pay to have it restrung but it was worth it. They sent me the two pearls they took off. I also changed the clasp to something else they had in stock. Super nice people and great customer service.

Now contemplating the a pair of Kesha earrings and Mano bracelets for my teenage boys.

Oh I am so glad to hear! I’d love to see pics if you have any!

also love the Mana bracelets too - they are very cool and low maintenance I bet.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you thank you!

The pearl bug bit me...kinda hard :lol:

I will have to be a bit more restrained from now on!

Pfft, for now. :twisted2:
It's lovely, and pictures, okay?
Many pictures.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful bracelet, @Cerulean ! Playful design and I love the flower clasp!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Since you asked......

IMG_1685.jpg IMG_1686.jpg

You will love yours, I wanted the flower clasp but they were out of stock at the time of my purchase.

Oh this is toooootally cool - I also like the simpler clasps. I love it! Thank you for sharing

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it here yet is it here it is it here? Hehe. I’m impatient for more photos! :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Is it here yet is it here it is it here? Hehe. I’m impatient for more photos! :lol:

Friday!!! Trust me I am dying to get it and keep refreshing USPS hoping that it magically comes today instead :lol:

Reactions: CMN

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backstory:

I am just getting to learn about pearls. I was poking around websites to get a sense for things I liked, and stumbled across Kamoka's site. The moment I saw this I fell in love: https://kamokapearls.com/collections/bracelets/products/tahitian-pearl-harvest-bracelet-7

1611590375350.png
1611590384467.png

I was hemming and hawing about whether I should take the plunge on the Kamoka harvest bracelet and reallocate funds from my sapphire setting to this because I was just enamored. I've been relentlessly revisiting the site to make sure NO ONE had bought it. Not exactly rational...but is love rational?

I re-visited the site for the 1,000,000x this AM and got a pop-up for a small discount.

I have the nicest husband in the world. He just softly said - "Happy Valentine's day" and told me to get it. SQUEEEEEEEEE.

So, I am elated. This is my first real pearl bracelet. Not exactly a classic, a bit untraditional, but it is very "me".

Sizing question:

I have no knowledge of sizing. My wrist measures 6.25inches - will 7.5inches fit? Does anyone have any insight? I don't like loose, floppy bracelets.

Very pretty!

Re: sizing issue, my advice would be to purchase some inexpensive costume pearl or round crystal bracelets to try them for size.

Another cheap way would be to make bangles of different sizes using kitchen foil.

DK :))

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well - I have a mixed update.

The bracelet arrived safe and sound, however, there are two major issues with it. I will say it has tempered my excitement.

The clasp is very fussy and difficult to use. It feels like I risk bending the metal insert just to close it. Worse, it’s actually not functional. The security component does not line up, so I cannot “complete” the closure and snap it shut. I’m very disappointed that they sent me a bracelet with a non-functional clasp.

The measurement of the length is off my 1/2 an inch. To me, that is substantial. Had the bracelet been the length as described, it would have fit. The bracelet in total is 7.25inches, but 1/4 inch of that length is an insert to close the clasp. When the bracelet is on my wrist, it is only 7 inches long. I am very frustrated, as it would have fit had it been measured properly.

I feel like they dropped the ball on quality control for this one, which is too bad considering this was my first purchase with them. I know these things happen, and I have reached out to see how they can rectify it.

I would like to keep bracelet if they can - I love the colors and how it looks, there are a few blemishes on the pearls but I was expecting that given the baroque and unique shapes. It sucks that they didn’t get it right functionally.

Some pictures of the issues and the pearls themselves...it’s a dreary Midwestern day, so the colors aren’t picking

371EC28E-9865-49F5-AE5E-CA86358C21AF.jpeg

795421DB-91E7-4C06-B830-75F5BD6AE84F.jpeg
8FBC0916-E1C4-4E50-97E0-7F7A36EC3DB5.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oy that is disappointing about the clasp and length.

But the colors and the pearls look gorgeous to me even in the low light! Especially the big green one at the end!

They really are stunning. I love that one too - and the big blue one - I love blue!

I am looking forward to resolving this (hopefully)!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well - I have a mixed update.

The bracelet arrived safe and sound, however, there are two major issues with it. I will say it has tempered my excitement.

The clasp is very fussy and difficult to use. It feels like I risk bending the metal insert just to close it. Worse, it’s actually not functional. The security component does not line up, so I cannot “complete” the closure and snap it shut. I’m very disappointed that they sent me a bracelet with a non-functional clasp.

The measurement of the length is off my 1/2 an inch. To me, that is substantial. Had the bracelet been the length as described, it would have fit. The bracelet in total is 7.25inches, but 1/4 inch of that length is an insert to close the clasp. When the bracelet is on my wrist, it is only 7 inches long. I am very frustrated, as it would have fit had it been measured properly.

I feel like they dropped the ball on quality control for this one, which is too bad considering this was my first purchase with them. I know these things happen, and I have reached out to see how they can rectify it.

I would like to keep bracelet if they can - I love the colors and how it looks, there are a few blemishes on the pearls but I was expecting that given the baroque and unique shapes. It sucks that they didn’t get it right functionally.

Some pictures of the issues and the pearls themselves...it’s a dreary Midwestern day, so the colors aren’t picking

371EC28E-9865-49F5-AE5E-CA86358C21AF.jpeg

795421DB-91E7-4C06-B830-75F5BD6AE84F.jpeg
8FBC0916-E1C4-4E50-97E0-7F7A36EC3DB5.jpeg

Its so pretty and i love the clasp
What a total bas*ard its not fit for purpose

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would send it back to request for it to be re-strung to the correct length with a new functional clasp.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I would send it back to request for it to be re-strung to the correct length with a new functional clasp.

I’m wondering if restringing is enough or do I need to add a new pearl?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Cerulean but I am sure it will be resolved quickly to your satisfaction. I love the idea of adding another pearl to the bracelet. I think the pearls are so lovely and work so well together. It really is a beautiful bracelet.

On a side note I posted a pic today of a strand I was wearing with a very similar gold flower clasp. The reason I hardly wear that strand is that the clasp is such a PITA. The security clasp seems to always be a headache. They are pretty though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results