shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry box recommendations

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Hi all! This is probably not the best and most appropriate place to post this, but I really did not know which other forum to go to... So here is it!

I'm looking for a good jewelry box. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but good quality and big enough. I'm looking to store different pairs of earrings and some rings in it, so I definitely need many compartments. I've looked a lot in Etsy, but I find most are either not fully appropriate or overpriced. Also, I cannot go for anything vintage since my fiancé has a strong policy against bringing into our place anything that has fabric or wood from an unknown previous owner...

Would anyone have any leads on where to look? :think:

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
I puzzled over this for a long time, and eventually settled on a jewelry storage cabinet from NileCorp, like this: http://www.nilecorp.com/jewelry-storage-cabinet-8-1-2-w-x-14-5-8-d-x-16-1-4-h.html... There's also a wider, shallower one. The thing that I like about them is that you can get different inserts for the drawers, so you can customize the box to your needs and change the inserts out as you like. I got black velvet inserts with various sized square dividers for pendants, bracelets, watches, and earrings, long dividers for necklaces, an earring specific tray, a ring foam, and just a flat pad for bulky necklaces. It also has little label holders on the front of each drawer, which is helpful. I find that the drawers are just deep enough for my biggest cuff bracelet (1" wide) sitting on top of an insert. It's not a fine leather jewelry box, but it's sturdy and looks nice! And now I can pull out the drawers and rub my hands together in glee at the sight of all of my jewels together. :lol:

S

SparkliesLuver

Just verifying that completely natural wood is out? I bought a new one for myself last year (from an Etsy seller) and I absolutely love it. They also have a website as it's their full-time job, not just a hobby on the side. My new box is wood, however.

Do you have a budget?

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Thank you DecoDaze! The link doesn't work, but I'll be looking at the website.

Sparklies, I love wood! It just can't be used (no vintage). A new product is totally fine. Could you share the seller?
I'm ideally looking at under 40/50$. If I really can't find anything really suitable, I'll wait and buy later in with a bigger budget. I'll have to be flexible on that, depending on what I can find!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love searching for jewellery boxes! I'm still after a suitable one but my problem is I don't know what I want... and I won't put all my "fine jewellery" in one place anyway so.. :confused:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love searching for jewellery boxes! I'm still after a suitable one but my problem is I don't know what I want... and I won't put all my "fine jewellery" in one place anyway so.. :confused:

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Thank you SplarkliesLuver, I'll be looking at theirs!

theredspinel, I guess you'll start collecting jewelry boxes now, not just gemstones! ;-)
But agreed, I also find there is none that is perfect... Even the most expensive ones...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave up and have different types of storage for different purposes.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you seen Wolf Stackables? Like the name suggests, stacking trays with various interior configurations. The top tray has a lid, the others are open. I have 6 trays and the bottom one has several deep, large compartments; the middle ones have a variety of square shaped compartments including earring sized, and the top/lidded tray has ring and necklace spaces. They're very nicely made and if you shop around, you can find them for $30-40 each. I've bought most of mine from Amazon. Here are two shots, one of the whole stack and another showing a couple of the trays. I like these a lot...and I also agree that it's not really possible to find the "perfect" storage solution!

img_11770.jpg

img_11771.jpg

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
Have you tried Amazon? I found two really nice ones on there

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I do like the drawer format, DecoDaze! The Stackables are nice, but much more cumbersome, lifting layers on and off to find what you want...

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luxroman|1463601270|4033290 said:
Thank you SplarkliesLuver, I'll be looking at theirs!

theredspinel, I guess you'll start collecting jewelry boxes now, not just gemstones! ;-)
But agreed, I also find there is none that is perfect... Even the most expensive ones...

Hehe, naughty! Giving me ideas.... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results