shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry advice needed..

Theone2

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Let me first apologize if I am all over the place with this post..
I am in the process of designing a user friendly E-commerce site that allows you to purchase jewelry. I know what you are thinking, there are tons of those out there.. I want to showcase unique and elegant at the same time. Whether it be vintage, from a small jeweler or a individual. What is the best route when searching for items? I have spoken to a few wholesalers but most of what they said wasn't true and there product was crap, so a should I contact suppliers/manufacturers? I could always go out and just start buying jewelry and listing it but who has the money for that? If I could find vendor/individual with product I would make it worth there while.

Anyone have any suggestions?

LBoone

Rough_Rock
Trade
First of all, do you have any experience in the jewelry business? If not I suggest you start there. I would look for a unique brick and mortar store and try to gain employment so that you might learn about the business. :read: Read everything you can, take some GIA courses. There is a LOT more to it than setting up a website and selling items you bought from a wholesaler. You are going to need to know about jewelry, as well as make some connections in the trade. You need to go to some trade shows, and you are going to have a hard time getting in if you aren't already IN the business. :(sad

That's my advice!

I apologize if you already have experience in the jewelry business, but from your post it doesn't sound like you do.

Shondra

Rough_Rock
I have to agree that you need to get the necessary experience first, otherwise you will doom yourself to failure before you even begin. If I may add another thing, is this your passion? I mean jewelry or business or both? You will most likely see your goal to achievement if you actually have an interest in it, not if you're just doing it for money.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
This all sounds super exciting, and if you get the necessary knowledge and skill (and it doesn't have to be your own, you know!) then I think you have a chance to build a successful business. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results