shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry addiction

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sadly, yes....I am an addict as well. I used to buy silver jewelry with semi-precious stones, but now I buy gold and diamonds predominantly. My husband thinks jewelry is a waste of money so he DEF doesn't buy me any. If I want it, I give it to myself.
If I could only go back to the days when my heart's delight was artisan silver and precious gems...so much better on the pocket book!!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I started with bling a few years ago and can’t stop! I’ve bought so much I ended up not wearing and sold for a big loss (but my loss has been someone else’s gain!). I cringe when I add it all up. But yet I keep looking! I’m finally finding my style (I’m really late to the bling game) so what I’ve gotten in the last few months is more me.

PS is nothing but trouble! :)

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, yes....I am an addict as well. I used to buy silver jewelry with semi-precious stones, but now I buy gold and diamonds predominantly. My husband thinks jewelry is a waste of money so he DEF doesn't buy me any. If I want it, I give it to myself.

Same really. I used to have a lot of sterling and topaz, freshwater pearls that weren't expensive. I was happy with it. Then I found antique pieces. All downhill....

My better half loves that I love jewelry actually and likes to hear me talk about it, because it's my interest. But he doesn't buy anything. He says he would disappoint me. He won't even buy a piece I pick out. He says that's not a gift because it's not a surprise. I don't see him changing, but I guess that's okay. He is actually the one that encouraged me to have custom pieces made and to get the stone size I really was interested in.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I have the same problem. Going to Williamsburg next weekend and will have to go into The Precious Gem in Colonial Williamsburg. May be able to take some pictures of their gorgeous jewels!

Omg I was just there last weekend! Beautiful jewels and tried on soo many things. Rose gold pave heart dangle earrings tdf, custom diamond bands, sapphire rings. Have fun!

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I started with bling a few years ago and can’t stop! I’ve bought so much I ended up not wearing and sold for a big loss (but my loss has been someone else’s gain!). I cringe when I add it all up. But yet I keep looking! I’m finally finding my style (I’m really late to the bling game) so what I’ve gotten in the last few months is more me.

PS is nothing but trouble! :)

PS is such a catalyst for bling crave but I think it's great that we all share the addictionI. I purchased the diamond ring from you and it was definitely my gain, and I just want to let you know that I love it so much and wear it everyday, it's on my finger at this moment! (It actually made me like diamonds more despite being a coloured stone girl before..RIP wallet).

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@GeliL - this makes me so happy! Thank you so much for sharing!

I’ve benefited from some bling sales from other PSers and have picked up a couple of lovely pieces that I wear a lot. We can all benefit from our shared and expensive addiction! ;)2

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
PS is such a catalyst for bling crave but I think it's great that we all share the addictionI. I purchased the diamond ring from you and it was definitely my gain, and I just want to let you know that I love it so much and wear it everyday, it's on my finger at this moment! (It actually made me like diamonds more despite being a coloured stone girl before..RIP wallet).

Oooh show us the ring! If you don't mind....:appl::love:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Oooh show us the ring! If you don't mind....:appl::love:

I believe I have seen it somewhere on PS before but here is the latest photo! It is the bigger one on the right and I think it's quite sparkly. @eapj This would be a blast from the (recent) past for you!

IMG_20190603_195329.jpg

I don't want to hijack the thread, but perhaps we should start a "Things we got from another PSer" thread..:twisted2:, afterall we all share the addiction.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great!

I love the idea of a thread of things we got from other PSers!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I believe I have seen it somewhere on PS before but here is the latest photo! It is the bigger one on the right and I think it's quite sparkly. @eapj This would be a blast from the (recent) past for you!

IMG_20190603_195329.jpg

I don't want to hijack the thread, but perhaps we should start a "Things we got from another PSer" thread..:twisted2:, afterall we all share the addiction.

Oooh I love it! Very gorgeous and love the channel diamonds, very pretty. :love:

And yes great idea for new thread!

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaaaassssssss. Love jewelry especially diamonds.

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Hi, my name is Diamond Dog and I'm an addict. I can't stop thinking about diamonds and gems, rings in particular! I echo a lot of the sentiments on this thread and on another thread, that I can't walk past a jewellery shop without stopping to look. If I see someone with a shiny ring on their hand, I need to get a closer look.

I was in denial, but my husband is right, there's no end. I bought myself a beautiful Chopard necklace a month ago, promising it's my last piece, I truly believed it at the time.

Then I've just secretly purchased a vintage diamond ring. I wouldn't say we were wealthy either, it's not come to a point of us being financially strained. But if I keep this up, then we will be.

I feel sad and excited about my new ring. I feel so bad I'm hiding all this from my husband. I'm not looking for anyone to make me feel better, although that would be nice. But I'm looking for advice on how to curb my addiction. Thank you for any advice x

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Hi, my name is Diamond Dog and I'm an addict. I can't stop thinking about diamonds and gems, rings in particular! I echo a lot of the sentiments on this thread and on another thread, that I can't walk past a jewellery shop without stopping to look. If I see someone with a shiny ring on their hand, I need to get a closer look.

I was in denial, but my husband is right, there's no end. I bought myself a beautiful Chopard necklace a month ago, promising it's my last piece, I truly believed it at the time.

Then I've just secretly purchased a vintage diamond ring. I wouldn't say we were wealthy either, it's not come to a point of us being financially strained. But if I keep this up, then we will be.

I feel sad and excited about my new ring. I feel so bad I'm hiding all this from my husband. I'm not looking for anyone to make me feel better, although that would be nice. But I'm looking for advice on how to curb my addiction. Thank you for any advice x

Can't help you, as I'm an addict also. But they tell alcoholics to stay out of bars, so I guess staying off IG, Etsy, etc would be a start. And certainly stay off PS, or addiction grows to next level! But I'm right there with you. Hopelessly addicted. The thrill of new discoveries, the pleasure of a great deal, the excitement when something you dreamt of is on it's way to you, the magical feeling of wearing something special that speaks to you : that certain color of gem, that buttery gold, the heft of platinum, the twinkle of little diamonds. I totally get it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem. Going to Williamsburg next weekend and will have to go into The Precious Gem in Colonial Williamsburg. May be able to take some pictures of their gorgeous jewels!

Yes, definitely addicted! Always planning something!

I heard about this place from my LA jeweler. Is it worth seeing?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read somewhere that gratitude is the antidote for the feeling of lack <3
So for anyone that is feeling very addicted and wanting to slow down the purchasing- take a close look at what you have :)

(full disclosure I’m on a bling ban so I’m actively trying to do this myself!)

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
You're right, I've stopped going to shops, but the internet is so alluring. I've just got to focus my energy on getting myself fit and maybe do some exercise. I need another outlet. Thanks you so much for your words of encouragement. I'm definitely feeling guilty, looking at this beautiful vintage ring on my finger...as I type this. Knowing I have to take it off before I go home to see my husband.

I'm wondering if I should confess, or just leave it...

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Ha yes gratitude!! I'm so lucky to have my bling and I hate that I just want 2 more things... it's a sucky feeling ha

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i have sets for RHR and LHRs..and not time to appreciate all of them... so each week i have a different theme... I need to create sets for all me fingers and that work well with the other sets... damn!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, I've stopped going to shops, but the internet is so alluring. I've just got to focus my energy on getting myself fit and maybe do some exercise. I need another outlet. Thanks you so much for your words of encouragement. I'm definitely feeling guilty, looking at this beautiful vintage ring on my finger...as I type this. Knowing I have to take it off before I go home to see my husband.

You, ultimately, are the only one who knows your hubby, and your marriage.
In MY situation, all large financial purchases are discussed, no matter what the item/situation may be. My DH is usually directly involved in my expensive jewelry purchases because they are pieces he gives to me. We have open communication.
That being said, I know if I bought something of significant value, and kept it from him, it would eat at me. The way I see it: if you have to hide it, lie about it, make excuses for it, or cover it up, it’s wrong.
You have to decide what’s right or wrong in YOUR relationship.
There is no shame in having a passion for something. You also shouldn’t feel like you have to keep it a secret.
As I mentioned, I do not presume to know your particular situation.
I can only speak upon my own.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

I sense, that you feel uncomfortable with the situation and would feel better if he knew. You know your husband best. Do you think you could talk to him?

I‘m most certainly also an addict. I spend my money mostly on antique jewellery I so much like to hunt or the conversion of older jewellery into new pieces. I also love art and use money for that as well. It‘s my hobby. I spend much less money on clothes or makeup than most of my friends and don‘t care about cars. At the end it’s my money - and I work quite hard for it - and I can do with it what I want. And I stay within my range and never spend more than I should. My husband is ok with it, but there are moments when I feel uncomfortable to admit that I have done it again. I certainly don‘t need any more... But since he loves sparkles as well, he accepts my unusual hobby.And I‘m lucky because he likes to gift me with wonderful pieces as well because he knows I love diamonds and especially rings!

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
As a toddler apparently I started with collecting the pretty coloured foil from chocolate wrappers.

Me too! My mum was fed up of me going through bins to find "treasure".

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure, you can confess, or do what I do. I tell my husband I bought something I love, and suggest it can be my next birthday gift, or whatever. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've also said "That old thing....I've had it for years".;-)

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
I sense, that you feel uncomfortable with the situation and would feel better if he knew. You know your husband best. Do you think you could talk to him?

I‘m most certainly also an addict. I spend my money mostly on antique jewellery I so much like to hunt or the conversion of older jewellery into new pieces. I also love art and use money for that as well. It‘s my hobby. I spend much less money on clothes or makeup than most of my friends and don‘t care about cars. At the end it’s my money - and I work quite hard for it - and I can do with it what I want. And I stay within my range and never spend more than I should. My husband is ok with it, but there are moments when I feel uncomfortable to admit that I have done it again. I certainly don‘t need any more... But since he loves sparkles as well, he accepts my unusual hobby.And I‘m lucky because he likes to gift me with wonderful pieces as well because he knows I love diamonds and especially rings!

Agree with you, I work hard for my money and don't care for designer clothes or shoes. Ahhh you're so lucky your husband gives you jewellery, my husband used to, until he came to a point where he "doesn't really see the point in all this..." makes me a bit sad he doesn't see why I love jewellery so much.

Anyway, I think I should tell him, but I'm so worried he'll be disappointed in him, just as I'm with myself... I think I need to give myself some time before I confess...

Anyway, gratitude is the way forward :) Thank you so much :)

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
You, ultimately, are the only one who knows your hubby, and your marriage.
In MY situation, all large financial purchases are discussed, no matter what the item/situation may be. My DH is usually directly involved in my expensive jewelry purchases because they are pieces he gives to me. We have open communication.
That being said, I know if I bought something of significant value, and kept it from him, it would eat at me. The way I see it: if you have to hide it, lie about it, make excuses for it, or cover it up, it’s wrong.
You have to decide what’s right or wrong in YOUR relationship.
There is no shame in having a passion for something. You also shouldn’t feel like you have to keep it a secret.
As I mentioned, I do not presume to know your particular situation.
I can only speak upon my own.

It is eating me up. I feel like I've got a big knot in my stomach. But I just don't want him to be disappointed in me, like I'm in myself.

It makes me feel so sad to have such shame associated with my recent purchase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not deserving of sympathy and I feel bad that I'm hiding this from my husband, but I'm not sure I can deal with the guilt and his disappointment right now. I don't believe that by telling him now will alleviate the guilt. I will need some time to process this before I tell him.

But yes, I do adhere to the fact that honesty is the best policy. Thank you for your sharing!

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Sure, you can confess, or do what I do. I tell my husband I bought something I love, and suggest it can be my next birthday gift, or whatever. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've also said "That old thing....I've had it for years".;-)

Hahaha I would... if I wasn't such a chicken, I'm terrible at keeping a straight face, if I said that he'd definitely know :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results