shape
carat
color
clarity

jewellery from your SO

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle love the trinity rolling ring!!! would love one someday!

madelise|1337015844|3194943 said:
pandabee|1337006637|3194839 said:
beautiful infinity necklace madelise!!! I love the idea of infinity and forever as well. I wear an infinity ring on my left ring finger everyday (I bought it for myself though lol. reminds me that love is infinite) and DBF finds it amusing that I wear it on that finger hehe. your other pieces of jewelry are gorgeous!! I would love a pair of mikimoto pearl studs someday.

OOH! pics! and where'd you find an infinity ring?! T&Co used to have one just like my necklace, but a ring version.. now they only have the diamond version of the ring. :nono: I do not want to spend near 2.5k for a T&Co fashion ring, no no no thank you.
ah, I know it's crazy right?? I had a friend who bought the silver one as a present to herself for finishing nursing school so maybe it's still available some places, just not online? idk. I got mine from etsy, and I get compliments on it all the time and asked if it is tiffany's, so it was a good buy hehe. and ahhh I still can't upload pics. I will try again later tonight!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wah, still can't attach pictures. I had previously been trying to upload a URL of a picture already hosted...then tried uploading the photo with the "upload attachment" tool below and tried renaming my files into adofajdf.jpg but it told me the file was invalid!!! :angryfire: what am I doing wrong??

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
WOW... some really pretty pieces in this thread. I must say, everyones' SO has amazing taste :))

I'm not a huge jewelry person (I either forget to wear it or I misplace it... I will be getting a special box for the e-ring so I always know where it is when it's not on my finger!) but he has given me a few things over the years.

This necklace has a story behind it. When we first started dating, I always wore a Swarovski seahorse necklace given to me by my parents. It was stolen a short time later. He wanted to get me a new one, but he was out of work. Instead, he made me this amazing piece out of Sculpey clay - he is a super-talented sculptor (and I'm incredibly biased, but still):
DSCN0147.jpg

And he found my secret Amazon wishlist this past Christmas, so there were some pretty earrings waiting for me under the tree. Lab-created sapphires and small pearls (inexpensive but actual pearls, not Claire's fakies, those killlll my ears.)
DSCN8350.jpg
DSCN8355.jpg

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1337045385|3195318 said:
wah, still can't attach pictures. I had previously been trying to upload a URL of a picture already hosted...then tried uploading the photo with the "upload attachment" tool below and tried renaming my files into adofajdf.jpg but it told me the file was invalid!!! :angryfire: what am I doing wrong??

Panda, this happened to me too. I actually wrote my reply yesterday and was only able to get the pics to upload just now. I ended up saving extra copies of each pic on my desktop and resizing to below 1MB. Seemed to work, for whatever reason!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gatorblue|1337050549|3195400 said:
pandabee|1337045385|3195318 said:

Panda, this happened to me too. I actually wrote my reply yesterday and was only able to get the pics to upload just now. I ended up saving extra copies of each pic on my desktop and resizing to below 1MB. Seemed to work, for whatever reason!

It's easier for me to do the "upload attachment" on the bottom of the text box, rather than going to the "insert photo". Have you tried that? Also, it doesn't just upload and refresh on its own, if you're doing the "insert photo" route. I have to click "submit", wait like 30 seconds, then refresh that little box to let it show. I found out the hard way when I gave up on it, then months later, checked and I had uploaded 10 copies of the same thing, lol!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Fun thread idea!!

I've definitely amassed quite a collection from the DF, so I took the "pic stitch" advice and condensed the collection to a few pictures. Enjoy!:

These are my necklaces. The diamond and pearl one was the first one he gave me. When he asked me to be his girlfriend a month after our first date, he presented it to me (my birthstone is pearl which is what gave him the idea.) The second is a Tahitian pearl pendant. The third is an amethyst, fire opal and diamond pendant and the last is silver and fire opal (I also adore dolphins.)
picstitch_0.jpg

These are the other necklaces. One is from the trip to Hawaii he took me on for my birthday and the other is my first string of real pearls.
picstitch-6.jpg

These are my Tiffany and Co. baubles. Three rings and a necklace.
picstitch-2.jpg

These are some earrings: Pearl and diamond studs. Imperial jade and diamond studs. Pink quartz studs. Amethyst, diamond and fire opal earrings to match the necklace.
picstitch-4.jpg

More earrings: Aquamarine studs. Mystic opal studs. Blue Topaz studs. Emerald and diamond studs.
picstitch-3.jpg

Last of the earrings: garnet studs. Pink Quartz drops. Custom made star earrings.
picstitch-9.jpg

My rings. Pearl and diamond. Amethyst and fire opal. Tahitian pearl.
picstitch-10.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the most meaningful and beautiful piece of jewelry he has given me :D
ering2.copy.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RebeccaMUA|1337070348|3195507 said:
Fun thread idea!!

I've definitely amassed quite a collection from the DF, so I took the "pic stitch" advice and condensed the collection to a few pictures. Enjoy!:

Enjoy I did! Wowza, he's gotten you a lot! I love the jade and the emerald earrings! The pearl with diamond studs are super classic chic looking! Lucky girl!

I wouldn't even remember what I owned if I had that many lol. Do you give em equal loving by switching what you wear out often?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wow Rebecca! those are all such gorgeous pieces!!! I really like the black pearl ring. is your prized ring sapphire? it is absolutely beautiful!!

and yes I was trying to use the "upload attachment" tool at the bottom...I will try resizing the pictures smaller and see what happens.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
@panda: Thanks for the infinity ring link. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Now i can get madelise's necklace and your ring haha :naughty:

@Rebecca : HOLY CRAP! I wouldn't be able to keep that all in line either! What a lucky girl you are!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1337070809|3195508 said:
RebeccaMUA|1337070348|3195507 said:
Fun thread idea!!

Enjoy I did! Wowza, he's gotten you a lot! I love the jade and the emerald earrings! The pearl with diamond studs are super classic chic looking! Lucky girl!

I wouldn't even remember what I owned if I had that many lol. Do you give em equal loving by switching what you wear out often?
-------------------------
Thanks Madelise! He will be glad to hear other ladies appreciate his taste ;-) I actually own more, but I only threw in my favorite silver pieces. I have quite a bit more silver from our various Mexican vacations. But yes, I'll wear the silver and the quartz jewelry mostly in the summer and the others I will rotate depending on what color clothing I happen to be wearing that day :)

I think I wear the imperial jade earrings the most because I just love the color and how they look on my ears :appl:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1337090455|3195599 said:
wow Rebecca! those are all such gorgeous pieces!!! I really like the black pearl ring. is your prized ring sapphire? it is absolutely beautiful!!

Thank you very much Pandabee! I have to say i'm partial to pearls too ;-)

Yes my engagement ring is a 2.5 carat cushion cut blue sapphire set in 14kt solid white gold with 138 diamonds set in the setting. I love it so so much :love:

I'm so glad you got to post your pictures! love them!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Oh and by the way ladies, I drooled over every single one of your posts. Jewelry is definitely one of my biggest weaknesses and it's rare I haven't come across a piece I didn't at least like :naughty:

keep the jewelry **** coming!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! The infinity ring IS awesome!

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear. How did I miss this thread. The infinity necklace and infinity ring are lovely!! Everything is lovely, really. That silver spoon ring? YUM. I saw spoon bracelets on Etsy but not rings!

I have amassed quite a collection from SO over the years... all the birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmases, etc... I am a jewellery fiend. I will show you some of my favorite pieces. All are from Bluenile (LOVE BN!) except the ring is from Tiffany's. I love how these pieces can be mixed and matched... I do it all the time!

bluenile.jpg

tiffany_3.jpg

Btw I love hearts if you haven't noticed.

mmi

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
mmi love the hearts ring!!! my little brother bought it for his gf for her birthday :) and the necklace from BN matches so well!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
mmi! Love the heart ring!!!

So many beautiful things in this thread. It gives me an idea of what I want next hehe!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1337016018|3194944 said:
OMG, I DIEZ. I loveee that light pink color! Do you wear the ring often? A pink CS is on my "must buy" bucket list for a RHR. It's my favorite color!

Yes, I wear it ALL THE TIME! I love it so much and not gonna lie, it looks great on me. :naughty: Hah!

and I :love: the rolling ring! I love playing with rolling rings. I got us some silver ones, non-branded, for VDay this year, and I obsessively roll em on and off my finger when I wear it. It's so beautiful on you!

Thanks! I also adore it, it's so much fun. SO also likes playing with it, sometimes he'll grab my hand when I'm wearing it and just roll it up and down my finger, or he'll even ask that I take it off so he can play with it on his own finger. It's pretty hilarious.

I think your SO is super smart about having you tell him what you want. Jewelry's EXPENSIVE. It'd be a sad waste if you didn't adore each piece, and give it all the good loving it deserves! Smart man, lucky woman!

I know that logically it's smart, but part of me is sad that he'll never "surprise" me with jewelry because he's too afraid of getting it wrong. Like, I would LOVE for him to surprise me someday for an anniversary or birthday or something with maybe a simple pair of diamond studs. But he won't because he's too scared of me hating whatever he picks out, even though I've told him that I can direct him where to get me some studs that I surely won't hate. Oh well.

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG I want a rolling ring SO SO SO bad!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear, rolling it up and down is therapeutic. There are claims that spinning rings relieve stress and anxiety. Rolling rings must have a similar effect :razz:

I think that calls for a good excuse to buy one, no? You've been SOOO stressed.. you NEED one.. :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hahahah!! Indeed! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results