shape
carat
color
clarity

jewellery from your SO

peonia

Rough_Rock
so... it is becoming increasingly suspicious that SO will be proposing in greece... in just 1.5 months!! i'm about 95% sure. it's taking all my strength not to think about it all the time!

knowing that it's coming so soon (even if not in greece, by end of summer!), i've started to wear and appreciate even more the other bits of jewellery he's given me over the years. i subconsciously think that once "the" ring" is given, it will take centre stage, so i feel i owe it to the other pieces to enjoy them now all the more :)

i would love to see the jewellery you've been given by your SO in the past! (doesn't matter if it's not jewellery really...)

he's given me beautiful things in the past few years and i love each and every one.

swarovski earrings 1 or 2 months after we started dating

IMG_1696.jpg

souvenir from venice - necklace with venetian glass beads

IMG_1695.jpg

tiffany's elsa peretti ring for 2 years anniversary

boards.weddingbee.jpg

tiffany's tear drop earrings

Earrings09.jpg

swarovski bracelet

swarovski-swarovski-fidelity-blue-bracelet-191.jpg

hopefully you agree, he has very good taste in jewellery! he likes a classically elegant look on women (being french, not surprising), which you can probably tell from these pieces.

your turn!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so biting!! But I'm not at home ATM to take pics of them together! I'll post em tonight :naughty:

I agree! Your SO does have great taste! I love that Swarovski bracelet!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I've actually chosen all the jewelry he's given me myself. I've got an aquamarine oval necklace I wear everyday (I don't have pics, sorry!)

and then for Christmas two years ago we had Michael E cut a new opal for a setting I already had.
DSCF0205.jpg
Pear%20Opal1.jpg

He did, however, choose the watch he gave me.

It's funny, he says he wants me to get what I want (and, boy, do I know what I want :)) , but there have been a couple of things I've shown him he just viscerally didn't like and said no :roll:

But, I will still continue to wear the opal, the necklace, and the watch even after I get my engagement ring

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
that's a beautiful ring maebelle! and peonia, so exciting!!! those pieces are all very classy, you are a lucky lady!

I only have one piece of jewelry from BF, it's a lily spoon ring that I love because it's so unique (because I picked it out hehe) and I wear it everyday.

uhhh I still can't post pictures!! so here is the link to one just like mine http://www.etsy.com/listing/99462790/spoon-ring-lovely-frontenac-victorian
I don't know why I can't, it tells me it's an invalid URL after I try to upload it to the server, I tried contacting admin but nothing happened. anyone know another way to get in contact with someone so that I can post pretty pictures for you??

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is not pricescope quality haha but i usually wear all silver jewelry. We have only been together 10 months so heres my stash. I want my e ring to be the prized bling :naughty:

picstitch.jpg

top left : return to tiffany heart tag studs
bottom left: my original t&co bracelet, we removed the heart tag and he bought me a heart lock with tiffany blue writing (bad pic) we had the original tag removed and his soldered on. (i use the original on my chain sometimes) - Elsa Peretti open heart ring.
top right: mini bead bracelet with tiffany blue enamel heart, the flip side is just a return to tiffany tag
bottom right: bead chain and t&co horseshoe charm (my everyday necklace)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandabee- try changing the name of the file. I think the server hosts way too many generic, pic.jpeg or photo1, photo2, ring1.. Etc. I believe they're supposed to randomly assign it a new name with a _02 extension, but PS has been wonky EVERYtime I tried uploading a generically named image.. And works fine when I rename it "jrkqdkajxjaindda" :)

Does "spoon" ring mean it wraps around your finger? I searched for a leaf one for way too long, and got a crappy one from Aldo for $5, but it turns my skin green! Maybe I should search for it under "spoon"? I love wrap around rings!

Maebelle, I love the setting your opal is in!! Vintage?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1336847090|3193880 said:
I know this is not pricescope quality haha but i usually wear all silver jewelry. We have only been together 10 months so heres my stash. I want my e ring to be the prized bling :naughty:

picstitch.jpg

bottom left: my original t&co bracelet, we removed the heart tag and he bought me a heart lock with tiffany blue writing (bad pic) we had the original tag removed and his soldered on. (i use the original on my chain sometimes) - Elsa Peretti open heart ring.
top right: mini bead bracelet with tiffany blue enamel heart, the flip side is just a return to tiffany tag

Ooh RSG, how do you take pics that have 4 small pics in it? Is it from an iPhone app?

Really pretty!! I love T&Co for gifts.. I only have 1 thing from T&Co, I'll post tonight :)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
YES! iPhone apps :mrgreen:

I took the photos using instagram bc i love the filters/effects.

thennnnn put the photos together using "pic stitch" from the app store! Love both of those apps!!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
davidyurmanring.jpg
davidyurmanbracelet.jpg
davidyurmannecklace.jpg
cartierlove.jpg

Can you tell I tend to go for David Yurman? :D I have a ton of other stuff by him from both my ex and my parents as well. I also have a lot of T&Co items. These are just what SO has given me. I wear the ring every day and it will become my RHR. I wear it on my left hand now. I wear the bracelet with 2 other DYs every day. Necklace most days but I rotate it with a T&Co diamond cross and a T&Co DBTY.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
PH!!

All gorgeous items!!! But i love love love the necklace and the green bracelet!!! haha Lucky lady you are!!!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
redsoxgrl|1336855865|3193935 said:
PH!!

All gorgeous items!!! But i love love love the necklace and the green bracelet!!! haha Lucky lady you are!!!
Thanks RSG...green is my favorite color...maybe one day I will get an emerald RHR! :naughty: :naughty:

peonia

Rough_Rock
madelise|1336838025|3193823 said:
Oh, I am so biting!! But I'm not at home ATM to take pics of them together! I'll post em tonight :naughty:

I agree! Your SO does have great taste! I love that Swarovski bracelet!

looking forward!!

peonia

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1336843019|3193848 said:
that's a beautiful ring maebelle! and peonia, so exciting!!! those pieces are all very classy, you are a lucky lady!

I only have one piece of jewelry from BF, it's a lily spoon ring that I love because it's so unique (because I picked it out hehe) and I wear it everyday.

uhhh I still can't post pictures!! so here is the link to one just like mine http://www.etsy.com/listing/99462790/spoon-ring-lovely-frontenac-victorian
I don't know why I can't, it tells me it's an invalid URL after I try to upload it to the server, I tried contacting admin but nothing happened. anyone know another way to get in contact with someone so that I can post pretty pictures for you??

i LOVE those kinds of rings. i buy myself that kind of jewellery often, really enjoy wearing them.

peonia

Rough_Rock
maebelle|1336841100|3193836 said:
I've actually chosen all the jewelry he's given me myself. I've got an aquamarine oval necklace I wear everyday (I don't have pics, sorry!)

and then for Christmas two years ago we had Michael E cut a new opal for a setting I already had.
DSCF0205.jpg
Pear%20Opal1.jpg

He did, however, choose the watch he gave me.

It's funny, he says he wants me to get what I want (and, boy, do I know what I want :)) , but there have been a couple of things I've shown him he just viscerally didn't like and said no :roll:

But, I will still continue to wear the opal, the necklace, and the watch even after I get my engagement ring

that ring is absolutely gorgeous! it's so unique and beautiful :D

peonia

Rough_Rock
redsoxgrl|1336847090|3193880 said:

picstitch.jpg

not pricescope standard?? they may not be blingbling, but they are such timeless and beautiful pieces! you lucky lady :) i honestly love them all.

peonia

Rough_Rock
Phdecorate|1336851180|3193916 said:
davidyurmanring.jpg
davidyurmanbracelet.jpg
davidyurmannecklace.jpg
cartierlove.jpg

Can you tell I tend to go for David Yurman? :D I have a ton of other stuff by him from both my ex and my parents as well. I also have a lot of T&Co items. These are just what SO has given me. I wear the ring every day and it will become my RHR. I wear it on my left hand now. I wear the bracelet with 2 other DYs every day. Necklace most days but I rotate it with a T&Co diamond cross and a T&Co DBTY.

wow, that's a stunning collection! i wish i could pull this kind of jewellery off, but i really don't think i can. i'm envious!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
peonia|1336865038|3193997 said:
Phdecorate|1336851180|3193916 said:
davidyurmanring.jpg
davidyurmanbracelet.jpg
davidyurmannecklace.jpg
cartierlove.jpg

wow, that's a stunning collection! i wish i could pull this kind of jewellery off, but i really don't think i can. i'm envious!

Why thanks, Peonia! I think of them as "classic with a twist." Most things I like best (jewelry, clothes, bags, furniture, etc) fall into that description I think!

I do have my share of the classics though and I love your EP ring. It reminds me of my Tiffany Etoile (although with the extra diamonds scattered I guess it could be a classic with a twist too!) =)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LUUUUCCCCCYYyy I'm HOOOOOMMMEEEEEE :wavey:

These were my first Valentine's day present from SO. Made me knew he was a keeper. :wink2: HAh, jk. I rarely wear them because I'm so scared of losing them! I need all earrings to be screw-backs. Sorry for the small photos, I'm too lazy to pull them out, and these were readily available on FB :X
23931_1272961018207_1055340010_30729283_5038842_n_2.jpg

These are p-ring and graduation-ring. I usually rotate between the two. I attempted doing the L-hand and RHR thing, but it just looked stupid haha.
Screen%20Shot%202012-05-12%20at%2010.21.53%20PM.png

and this last one was from Valentine's day this year. I'd been wanting this pendant, and the promise of "infinity" from every boyfriend since I was 15! He pulled through ::) I don't ever take this off.
infinitelyinlove.png

now I will keel him if my next piece of jewelry from him is not an official e-ring with proposal! :devil:

RSG: Thanks for the app rec. I had been using another one that shrunk the images I used, so it ended up all blurry. Thanks! I love it! and I used to have those RTT heart studs, too! I wore them so much, the darn post got bent and one side broke off. I put them "somewhere safe" to get them soldered back on, but of course, I lost them from putting them in such a "safe" place!

peonia

Rough_Rock
madelise|1336887425|3194168 said:

These were my first Valentine's day present from SO. Made me knew he was a keeper. :wink2: HAh, jk. I rarely wear them because I'm so scared of losing them! I need all earrings to be screw-backs. Sorry for the small photos, I'm too lazy to pull them out, and these were readily available on FB :X

These are p-ring and graduation-ring. I usually rotate between the two. I attempted doing the L-hand and RHR thing, but it just looked stupid haha.

and this last one was from Valentine's day this year. I'd been wanting this pendant, and the promise of "infinity" from every boyfriend since I was 15! He pulled through ::) I don't ever take this off.
infinitelyinlove.png

now I will keel him if my next piece of jewelry from him is not an official e-ring with proposal! :devil:

RSG: Thanks for the app rec. I had been using another one that shrunk the images I used, so it ended up all blurry. Thanks! I love it! and I used to have those RTT heart studs, too! I wore them so much, the darn post got bent and one side broke off. I put them "somewhere safe" to get them soldered back on, but of course, I lost them from putting them in such a "safe" place!

those are absolutely gorgeous!!! i think my favourite is the infinity necklace, oh my. where did he buy it?? i might have to sneak in a hint to my SO for something similar... seriously in LOVE.

as for your rings - they could very well be stunning engagement rings! one question, do you wear them on your LH? does anyone mistake it for an engagement ring?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

infinitelyinlove.png

MADELISE!! Look at all those :love: :love: Love the pear ring...love the infinity necklace, love the solitaire...love the earrings...UMM drool! WHAT A LUCKY GIRL you are!! :apple: Your P-rings are like engagement rings haha! good bf!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
peonia|1336914751|3194249 said:
those are absolutely gorgeous!!! i think my favourite is the infinity necklace, oh my. where did he buy it?? i might have to sneak in a hint to my SO for something similar... seriously in LOVE.

as for your rings - they could very well be stunning engagement rings! one question, do you wear them on your LH? does anyone mistake it for an engagement ring?

Thank you, peonia! It's from Tiffany & Co.!
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+infinity&search=1

There's another infinity chain necklace that I love, too. I might have to buy that myself :big smile:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+infinity&search=1

I just love the sentiment behind "infinity" and "forever", even though I don't believe in it. It's cute.

And yes, I do wear them on my LH. My LH is skinnier 8) and I'd bang it around too much if it was on my RH, since I'm RHanded, and a total klutz. I don't care that people mistake it for an e-ring. My family and friends know it's not, and no one else matters to me. Sometimes people ask, and I don't mind clarifying (if it's someone I am around often, like classmates). Sometimes I'm lazy, and I just say "yes". Especially if it's a GUY approaching me, or an acquaintance that isn't leaving me alone. It depends on my mood :sun:

RSG - thanks, lol, I do think I trained him well.. :saint: He plays this game at those maul store window displays, and tries to guess which out of the batch I would like. He used to choose the most atrocious things. He's getting better at it :sun:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

I WANT THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

peonia

Rough_Rock
madelise|1336936412|3194408 said:
peonia|1336914751|3194249 said:

Thank you, peonia! It's from Tiffany & Co.!
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+infinity&search=1

There's another infinity chain necklace that I love, too. I might have to buy that myself :big smile:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+infinity&search=1

I just love the sentiment behind "infinity" and "forever", even though I don't believe in it. It's cute.

And yes, I do wear them on my LH. My LH is skinnier 8) and I'd bang it around too much if it was on my RH, since I'm RHanded, and a total klutz. I don't care that people mistake it for an e-ring. My family and friends know it's not, and no one else matters to me. Sometimes people ask, and I don't mind clarifying (if it's someone I am around often, like classmates). Sometimes I'm lazy, and I just say "yes". Especially if it's a GUY approaching me, or an acquaintance that isn't leaving me alone. It depends on my mood :sun:

RSG - thanks, lol, I do think I trained him well.. :saint: He plays this game at those maul store window displays, and tries to guess which out of the batch I would like. He used to choose the most atrocious things. He's getting better at it :sun:

of course it's tiffany's! where else. i am absolutely in love with it (actually, i realised as i was bookmarking that link, that i had already bookmarked it ages ago!! ha.). and yes, your rings must be a great weapon against creepy bar men ;-) if you already have rings like those... let's just say i'm excited to see what your SO gives you when he proposes!!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1336956639|3194590 said:

I WANT THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Me too!!!

I love love love the infinity necklace. Hmm might start throwing hints about something similar for Christmas :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I love all your pieces ladies! I particularly love the vintage opal ring!! Sooo pretty and unique!

I don't have any jewelry pieces from A yet. We've only been together 10 months too. Our ring will be here TOMORROW though! It'll likely be the first (of hopefully multiple) pieces I received from over time!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
beautiful infinity necklace madelise!!! I love the idea of infinity and forever as well. I wear an infinity ring on my left ring finger everyday (I bought it for myself though lol. reminds me that love is infinite) and DBF finds it amusing that I wear it on that finger hehe. your other pieces of jewelry are gorgeous!! I would love a pair of mikimoto pearl studs someday.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pieces, ladies! I <3 them all!! :love:

SO vehemently refuses to buy me any jewelry that he picks out on his own, but he'll buy things that I tell him I like or really want. So far he's gotten me three pieces that I absolutely adore (not counting e-ring that he hasn't given me yet):

Custom Daniel M setting with Barry Bridgestock tourmaline:
file.jpg

Cartier tri-color rolling ring:
file.jpg

And a lovely T&Co necklace/pendant that he got me for our first anniversary last year. I love it and wear it 24/7, I'll try to post a picture of it later!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1337006637|3194839 said:
beautiful infinity necklace madelise!!! I love the idea of infinity and forever as well. I wear an infinity ring on my left ring finger everyday (I bought it for myself though lol. reminds me that love is infinite) and DBF finds it amusing that I wear it on that finger hehe. your other pieces of jewelry are gorgeous!! I would love a pair of mikimoto pearl studs someday.

OOH! pics! and where'd you find an infinity ring?! T&Co used to have one just like my necklace, but a ring version.. now they only have the diamond version of the ring. :nono: I do not want to spend near 2.5k for a T&Co fashion ring, no no no thank you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1337014593|3194919 said:
Gorgeous pieces, ladies! I <3 them all!! :love:

SO vehemently refuses to buy me any jewelry that he picks out on his own, but he'll buy things that I tell him I like or really want. So far he's gotten me three pieces that I absolutely adore (not counting e-ring that he hasn't given me yet):

And a lovely T&Co necklace/pendant that he got me for our first anniversary last year. I love it and wear it 24/7, I'll try to post a picture of it later!

OMG, I DIEZ. I loveee that light pink color! Do you wear the ring often? A pink CS is on my "must buy" bucket list for a RHR. It's my favorite color!

and I :love: the rolling ring! I love playing with rolling rings. I got us some silver ones, non-branded, for VDay this year, and I obsessively roll em on and off my finger when I wear it. It's so beautiful on you!

I think your SO is super smart about having you tell him what you want. Jewelry's EXPENSIVE. It'd be a sad waste if you didn't adore each piece, and give it all the good loving it deserves! Smart man, lucky woman!

Edited to take out the repost of photos ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE rolling rings too! I'm dying to have one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results