color
clarity

Jewellery Collection_Consolidation and Upgrade_Stage 1

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 12:03:42 AM
Author: Blackpaw
that's so lovely of you Phoenix, to give your loved ones such joy, and such a precious reminder of your love for them.

I have a ring, not particularly valuable, and my mum wears the same ring in yellow gold. Not very often, but a couple of times when things have been tough, ive turned that ring round and round my finger and its somehow given me comfort, knowing she's there for me always, and the faint 'line' its made around my finger is somehow evidence of that for me...

i think jewellery is something that people can imbue with that kind of meaning, and its great that your loved ones have that from you...

And not only do you get to give your fam such joy, you get lots more bling to be dazzled by

21.gif
It is the fact your ring means so much to you that makes it so very valuable.

You're such a sweetheart. I'm sure she is there for you always and am so glad that you and your mom have these special rinsg that signify the special bond betwen you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 10:48:31 PM
Author: marcyc
What a list, you have lucky relatives and wow to your beautiful upgrade.
Thank you, Marcy.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 1:13:46 AM
Author: swedish bean
I just realized as I was sitting here reading this thread that my mouth was literally open.. from shock! LOL

I am also sad that there are not a billion pictures in here of your stuff :D

I can''t wait to see what you have planned next!!

Oh and which pearls did you get rid of??
Hey there!
36.gif

I''ll try and post pics maybe some time next week.

Oh, the pearls, let''s see...I gave away two pairs of Tahitian earrings, a couple of Tahitian pendants (which came from my necklace), one pair of golden SS, some Akoyas. I still have most of them though. I wear my multi-coloured Tahitian necklace a lot, even when I''m running around in jean
19.gif
s. I just
30.gif
it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you started this thread with an amzing collection. I think it''s wonderful that your old jewelry is getting used and enjoyed!

Can''t wait to see "before and after photos" of your consolidation.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 12:57:51 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW you started this thread with an amzing collection. I think it's wonderful that your old jewelry is getting used and enjoyed!

Can't wait to see 'before and after photos' of your consolidation.
9.gif
Thank you.
1.gif

Here're some not so great "before" pictures. I forget when these were taken, so may not include all of the items i had.

First of, a "fun" one, ha ha
31.gif

Phoenix_Old Collection 4.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one...

Phoenix_Old Collection 1.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one of the bling - birds eye view:

Phoenix_Old Collection 2.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for good measures, I''ll throw in some of my faves, he he:
9.gif

Phoenix_RB 2.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fire pic...

Phoenix_RB 6.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LURVE how big and blingy this is, SIZE SIZE SIZE!!
11.gif
31.gif

Phoenix_LM JA Pear Ring.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last but not least, my FABULOUS and BIIIIG BGD 4.649ctw studs, from the two most darling jewellers in the world, and definitely two of my favourite people
1.gif
:

Phoenix_BGD studs with SS pearls.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for looking, everyone, and for sharing my biggest passion...bling bling and more bling, LOL!
31.gif
10.gif
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 11:29:54 PM
Author: Phoenix

Thank you.
1.gif

Here''re some not so great ''before'' pictures. I forget when these were taken, so may not include all of the items i had.

First of, a ''fun'' one, ha ha
31.gif

9.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 12:01:51 AM
Last but not least, my FABULOUS and BIIIIG BGD 4.649ctw studs, from the two most darling jewellers in the world, and definitely two of my favourite people
1.gif
:
Wow! Those earrings are just gorgeous!!!

MrsK

Rough_Rock
Oh my Goodness, Phoenix! Your collection is magnificent!!!
Please please please tell me all about your pear halo!!!
It is just heavenly!!! What are the specs?? What is the history behind the ring?
You are such a lucky girl to have all those magnificent pieces but THAT way stands out most to me.
To die for!!!
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
SWOOOOOOOOON
30.gif
3.gif
18.gif

Thanks for sharing!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2010 12:15:50 AM
Author: yssie

Date: 4/30/2010 11:29:54 PM

Thank you.
1.gif

Here''re some not so great ''before'' pictures. I forget when these were taken, so may not include all of the items i had.

First of, a ''fun'' one, ha ha
31.gif

9.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ha ha!!
9.gif
12.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2010 1:02:23 AM
Author: KittyGolightly

Date: 5/1/2010 12:01:51 AM
1.gif
:
Wow! Those earrings are just gorgeous!!!
Aren't they just?!
10.gif
9.gif

Thank you.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix, I could look at your jewelry all day!!!! AMAZING!!!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 11:57:35 PM
I LURVE how big and blingy this is, SIZE SIZE SIZE!!
11.gif
31.gif

Phoenix_LM%20JA%20Pear%20Ring.jpg

you have such exquisite taste in jewelry... This one.... well, makes my heart melt!

MrsK

Rough_Rock
Mine too!!!! Phoenix, put me out of my misery! Tell us about this gorgeous pear!!! Or someone guide me to a thread Phoenix might have about it!! I''m in LUUURRRVVVE!!!!!!
18.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 4:22:34 AM
Author: MrsK
Mine too!!!! Phoenix, put me out of my misery! Tell us about this gorgeous pear!!! Or someone guide me to a thread Phoenix might have about it!! I'm in LUUURRRVVVE!!!!!!
18.gif
Thank you so for the kind words. I'm sorry I didn't get round to answering your earlier post sooner.

The stone itself is a 3.50ct H Si2. If faces up like a 4ct since it's a bit shallower. I think - without pulling up the cert - that the stone itself something like just under 12mm (or was it 13mm) long and just under 9mm wide. The main grade-making inclusions are two twinning wisps which are absolutely clear and loupe-clean (at least to me). I think I've had the ring for about 2 years now and the very *first* time I saw the wisps was in a Singapore jewellry store with very very bright lighting - seriously, I'm telling the truth!
12.gif
I know that some PS'ers don't like twinning wisps but personally I think they're the best inclusion to have in an Si1 or Si2 diamond. The other inclusions are white/ clear crystals and a tiny feather on the side (which again I didn't even see until recently).

It's also a beautiful H. It's very very white, even from the side. My setting has a pretty open pavillion, affording me to view my pretty stone from all angles.
30.gif

Oh and the setting is by The Master, LM. It's the Adriana..very dedicate and very blingy. I never knew that such tiny melee (I think about 1 pointers on the halo) could be so firey!!
36.gif
9.gif

The whole ring, including the halo, should be about 11mm wide and 15mm long, though to be honest I've never actually measured it whole - so this might be subject to small errors.

I wear a 4 3/8 on my LH. The ring has very good finger coverage. I've been wearing it everyday for a while now and the other day I looked at my 3ct RB and thought the latter was too small!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I think it's time I halo'ed that baby!
2.gif
1.gif

There's really no "history" behind the ring, other than my wanting to buy something with better spread and a little less expensive than my 3ct RB that I could wear frequently without worrying about losing it or damaging it. We had insurance when we bought it but are glad that I'm wearing that now instead of the 3ct since I can't get jewellry insurance where we live now (China). Of course, if something were to happen to this ring, I'd be devastated but not as devastated as I'd be if I were to - touch wood - lose or damage the 3ct.

I think overall, it's a good buy, though there was a time I was feeling a bit ambivalent about it but no longer. I am enjoying it tremendously and have been receiving lots of compliments on it lately, both on PS and IRL. It's good value for money, definitely. Having said all that, though, I may want to sell it off in a year or so to upgrade to something else (not telling yet!
11.gif
1.gif
).

Thank you again for all your kind compliments and for allowing me to share.
1.gif

MrsK

Rough_Rock
Oh Phoenix!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great post about your pear halo! It is a dream ring! Sending you lots of hugs from Australia. XOX

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 5:32:00 AM
Author: MrsK
Oh Phoenix!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great post about your pear halo! It is a dream ring! Sending you lots of hugs from Australia. XOX
Thank you so much again, Mrs K.

Hugs back to you from beautiful and sunny Shanghai (for a change!).

LUUUURRVEE Australia btw. DH and I have been there a few times and have been to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. We loved it there, the food, wine, scenery, people...LOVED it all.
30.gif
30.gif
We want to go back before too long.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I need oxygen! Quick! I am hyperventilating over here because of these beyond fabulous jewels!!

You have one of the most amazing collections I have ever seen! You could give Elizabeth Taylor a run for her money!

Thank you so much for sharing! I wish you great health to wear these beauties!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I knew I was going to like this post just from the title!!
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 11:37:43 PM
Another one of the bling - birds eye view:
Thanks for the additional photos!!
36.gif

What can you tell me about the hoops in this photo? I can''t really see anything since they''re on their side. Thanks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
All your pieces are so pretty! It''s so sweet to give them to family and friends. . .what are your plans with your tiffany eterity bands??? lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 1:24:01 PM
Author: susimoo
I need oxygen! Quick! I am hyperventilating over here because of these beyond fabulous jewels!!

You have one of the most amazing collections I have ever seen! You could give Elizabeth Taylor a run for her money!

Thank you so much for sharing! I wish you great health to wear these beauties!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW!! What kind compliments!! Thank you!!
9.gif
Of course if I could have her stash of bling, I'd think I'd died and gone to bling heaven, ha ha!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 2:41:44 PM
Author: petrock<3
I knew I was going to like this post just from the title!!
31.gif
Ha ha, thank you!
12.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results