carat
color
clarity

Jewellery Collection_Consolidation and Upgrade_Stage 1

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there PS''ers,

I wanted to share with you the first stage in my consolidation process, in an effort to sell off/ give away what I seldom wore, as well as purchase more substantial pieces (I''m a total SIZE Wh***, LOL
31.gif
11.gif
1.gif
). Since the search mechanism is broken, I won''t be able to link you to my previous showings. I will list briefly what I had before and what I have/ will have soon. There will be a Stage 2 and possibly a Stage 3, though I don''t know what kind of timeframes these will be.

So, without further ado, here is my list - PRE consolidation (from my memory) - the first 20 items as numbered are diamonds/ diamond jewellery:

1) a 3.2ct F VS2 RB solitaire ring
2) Pair of 3.4ctw ACA martini studs
3) Rolex perpetual datejust
4) Halo''ed pear-shaped ring, H Si2 stone, setting by Leon
5) 3 stone ring, with 0.90ct H IF-VVS1 centre stone, flanked by 1.3-1.4ctw H-I Si1 sidestones
6) Pair of 2.03ct G VVS1 earring studs
7) Pair of dangly earrings, 3.50ctw. These went through various metamorphosis (sp?), before I finally realised that I don''t actually *love* wearing them
8) Yellow and cognac diamond bracelet
9) Halo''ed red garnet pendant
10) Yellow diamond and red garnet dangly earrings
11) Lazare clustered flower earrings
12) Pair of 0.80ctw stud earrings, G-H colour, VS
13) Five loose 0.20ct each diamonds
14) Pair of small bagette diamond studs
15) 3-stone journey pendant
16) Tennis bracelet
17) Loose 1.52ct FY cushion diamond
18) OEC/ OMC (?) 0.90ct pendant
19) 4 fulll eternity bands (two are from Tiffany)
20) Tiffany Atlas ring

Some loose gemstones
A bunch of Tahitian and South Sea Pearls

GOSH - It seems such an awful lot when I type them all out. But then, I guess I knew that, hence the consolidation!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 5:58:45 AM
Author:Phoenix
Hey there PS'ers,

I wanted to share with you the first stage in my consolidation process, in an effort to sell off/ give away what I seldom wore, as well as purchase more substantial pieces (I'm a total SIZE Wh***, LOL
31.gif
11.gif
1.gif
). Since the search mechanism is broken, I won't be able to link you to my previous showings. I will list briefly what I had before and what I have/ will have soon. There will be a Stage 2 and possibly a Stage 3, though I don't know what kind of timeframes these will be.

So, without further ado, here is my list - PRE consolidation (from my memory) - the first 20 items as numbered are diamonds/ diamond jewellery:

1) a 3.2ct F VS2 RB solitaire ring
2) Pair of 3.4ctw ACA martini studs
3) Rolex perpetual datejust
4) Halo'ed pear-shaped ring, H Si2 stone, setting by Leon
5) 3 stone ring, with 0.90ct H IF-VVS1 centre stone, flanked by 1.3-1.4ctw H-I Si1 sidestones
6) Pair of 2.03ct G VVS1 earring studs
7) Pair of dangly earrings, 3.50ctw. These went through various metamorphosis (sp?), before I finally realised that I don't actually *love* wearing them
8) Yellow and cognac diamond bracelet
9) Halo'ed red garnet pendant
10) Yellow diamond and red garnet dangly earrings
11) Lazare clustered flower earrings
12) Pair of 0.80ctw stud earrings, G-H colour, VS
13) Five loose 0.20ct each diamonds
14) Pair of small bagette diamond studs
15) 3-stone journey pendant
16) Tennis bracelet
17) Loose 1.52ct FY cushion diamond
18) OEC/ OMC (?) 0.90ct pendant
19) 4 fulll eternity bands (two are from Tiffany)
20) Tiffany Atlas ring

Some loose gemstones
A bunch of Tahitian and South Sea Pearls

GOSH - It seems such an awful lot when I type them all out. But then, I guess I knew that, hence the consolidation!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif
CONSOLIDATION_Stage 1 (still ongoing): The ones in bold are those currently in my possession

1) Still have item no 1 - though that is hopefully at some point, prob quite far away...maybe Stage Two or even Three, going to be a upgraded to a larger size, will have to downgrade in colour and/ or clarity. (This seems like the search for the Holy Grail for me!
4.gif
)
2) The ACA's have been upgraded to 4.64ctw BGD H&A studs
3) Rolex watch - hopefully will be upgraded to another watch at some pont, again don't know when, if ever
4) Still have this
5) Upgraded once already and going to be upgraded again soon (a few pictures later); centre stone has been contracted to sell
6) One has been sold, the other recut by Brian and given a new grade by GIA (from G to F), he he!
36.gif
. Going to be reset into a Barbara pendant
7) Trying to sell
8), 9) and 10) Going to be given away to my nieces
11) Still have these, will prob give to niece at Berkeley as a graduation present
12) Gave to sister
13) Still have these, left to me by mom
14) Gave to niece
15) Sold
16) Gave to sis
17) Still have this, hope to sell it
18) Gave to sis
19) Still have these. Enquired about selling but realise that sales proceeds would be too low - I'd practically be giving them away
20) Sold

Gave/ giving away the gemstones
Still have most of my pearls, though have given some to nieces and sisters.

Oh, my poor dear DH!!
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As this is SMTB, I'd better show you some pics, otherwise I might get kicked out of PS, LOL!
2.gif
1.gif

First, the IS image of the centre stone - a 1.52ct G Si11 - in my upgraded 3-stone RHR. The stone is totally eye-clean but as you can see, there's a black cloud near to the centre of the table that also reflects in various other places in the diamond. They really bugged me, ie. it is not "mind-clean" enough:

1.52ct G Si1.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the upgraded upgrade, LOL, a 1.72ct H VS1. It is totally "mind-clean", the inclusions are teeny tiny clouds and a crystal, off to the very edge of the diamond (upper girdle facet I think that's what it's called), which can be completely covered up by a prong, or so I've been told.

Phoenix_1.72ct H VS1_IS.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnified pic of the new darling:

Phoenix_1.72ct H VS1_Mag Pic.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am awaiting further pics of this new diamond from JA, so will post when I receive them. I hope my existing setting can be modified to fit this new stone. As always, Brian and Lesley are very helpful and have promised to try and see if it can be done. If it can't, I'll come back and ask you guys for help on a new setting (though I hope that won't happen).

I'm also waiting for the pics of my new Barbara pendant from Brian and Lesley.

So stay tuned.....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I forgot one more item, Item no 21) Pair of pear-shaped earring jackets, D I1 - traded in at JA to upgrade to the new centre stone of the 3-stone RHR.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow...what a collection!

And, can I join your family please???

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i dont know if you know this phoenix, but i''m your long lost neice.....

9.gif
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
My goodness that is quite the collection. I don''t know if I''d want to give or sell anything.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats Phoenix, and I think you are going to love having a consolidated collection of pieces you can wear all the time!:)

Of course, if you need another niece...
3.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Even though i am a very generous person in general, i''m afraid that if i owned this collection i wouldn''t want to give away anything
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I love how you always seem to have something going - I live through you girl !!
And get great ideas!

I can''t wait to see what''s next. Please keep us posted.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new center diamond you got
30.gif
Stunning IS and the picture is amazing!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pheonix -- how i wish i was related to you ;-)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 1:12:39 PM
Author: violet3

Seriously!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix, Good for you! Very exciting!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you on your consolidation project! Now, how do I get on that list??
31.gif

And since this IS SMTB, do you have pics of your FY cushion? Sounds pretty!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 1:12:39 PM
Author: violet3
Maybe we still have a chance...

Phoenix- Any eligible male relatives?
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am your long lost daughter. You owe me some jewelry mom!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I can''t imagine my sister giving me .80ctw diamond studs! :) She would of course, but it just isn''t in the budget for her to have unwanted diamonds :) You''re a great sister - good luck consolidating/upgrading your collection

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a list, you have lucky relatives and wow to your beautiful upgrade.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
He he, you ladies are hilarious, too cute!
1.gif
1.gif

Thank you for sharing with me in this journey. It's a bitter sweet journey, bitter because I regret spending so much of DH's money/ our money on things that I end up not wearing. On the other hand, it's sweet because I can see the tremendous pleasure on the faces of my loved ones when I gave them the jewels, and I know they still wear them/ treasure them. For example, my sister (the oldest one) wears the 0.80ctw studs and the 0.90ct OEC/OMC bezelled pendant on a daily basis and she's always beaming when people compliment her on them or ask to see the pieces close up. Also, my niece is soooooo proud that she's one of the few girls at Berkeley who is adorned with diamonds earrings which were given to her on her 18th b'day. She's always telling everyone about her "lovely aunt" who adores her (even after her recent visit to Shanghai where I told her off - she actually thanked me for putting her straight, but i digress
25.gif
).

Also, I forgot item no 22) a pair of 0.50ctw F-G VS bezelled studs that I gave to my BFF. They were her "very first ever" diamond earrings. She wore them everyday until her DH gave her 2ctw studs. But she'll always treasure my present as it reminds her of our incredible friendship.

So you might say that my so-called "generosity" is nothing more than an appreciation of the amazing love, friendship and support that the people in my life have given to me. Also, it is DH who is the generous one. Indeed, I am *the lucky one*.
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new projects!! You''re so kind and generous, phoenix!! I can''t wait to see what your projects will look like once you''re done!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
You''re very sweet Phoenix - you post was very eloquent - I''m certain your friends and family appreciate you as much as you appreciate them :)

(and I''m glad to hear that your niece thanked you for setting her straight - I remember that thread you started - I felt terrible for the position you were in)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
that''s so lovely of you Phoenix, to give your loved ones such joy, and such a precious reminder of your love for them.

I have a ring, not particularly valuable, and my mum wears the same ring in yellow gold. Not very often, but a couple of times when things have been tough, ive turned that ring round and round my finger and its somehow given me comfort, knowing she''s there for me always, and the faint ''line'' its made around my finger is somehow evidence of that for me...

i think jewellery is something that people can imbue with that kind of meaning, and its great that your loved ones have that from you...

And not only do you get to give your fam such joy, you get lots more bling to be dazzled by

21.gif

I just realized as I was sitting here reading this thread that my mouth was literally open.. from shock! LOL

I am also sad that there are not a billion pictures in here of your stuff :D

I can''t wait to see what you have planned next!!

Oh and which pearls did you get rid of??

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 8:04:52 PM
Author: sparklyheart
Good for you on your consolidation project! Now, how do I get on that list??
31.gif

And since this IS SMTB, do you have pics of your FY cushion? Sounds pretty!
Yes, I do. Here you go. Enjoy.
1.gif

fancy yellow cushion.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 8:36:36 AM
Author: Bella_mezzo
congrats Phoenix, and I think you are going to love having a consolidated collection of pieces you can wear all the time!:)

Of course, if you need another niece...
3.gif
Hi there Bella!
36.gif
How are things going with you?

Thank you. I really do hope to have* just* enough pieces so that I can actually wear them, as supposed to leaving them at the back of my cabinet gathering dust.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 11:53:48 PM
Author: Maevie
You''re very sweet Phoenix - you post was very eloquent - I''m certain your friends and family appreciate you as much as you appreciate them :)

(and I''m glad to hear that your niece thanked you for setting her straight - I remember that thread you started - I felt terrible for the position you were in)
Awww!! You''re such a sweetie! Thank you.
1.gif
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results