shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewellery Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all that information. until i read that mine was in a box on top of my dessser.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Harriet, I''m sorry to threadjack, but this has been on my mind for a while.

If you rent and can''t install one of those safes that you drill into the floor, and can''t afford one of the safes that''s too heavy for people to easily drag away, what do you guys suggest? I don''t have very much, and it''s definitely not worth a lot in $, but it''s worth a lot to me, and I want to keep it safe.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries. How about a safe deposit box at the bank?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:35:45 PM
Author: princesss
Okay, Harriet, I''m sorry to threadjack, but this has been on my mind for a while.

If you rent and can''t install one of those safes that you drill into the floor, and can''t afford one of the safes that''s too heavy for people to easily drag away, what do you guys suggest? I don''t have very much, and it''s definitely not worth a lot in $, but it''s worth a lot to me, and I want to keep it safe.
Harriet,
You are welcome!I would have to see people loose their jewelry...i hope i didnt thread jack when wrote about more then the jewelry boxes...the safe is a great idea...a wall safe...not just another box that can be carried away.

Princess...you dont have to have a safe...just be smart about picking places to hide your jewelry...in a rolled up towel in your closet behind other clothing...in a tied up jewelry roll attatched to a hanger with a heavy coat over it...be creative...but practical.A bank box is good to have as well as either jewelry insurance or at the least renters insurance.

DF,
I agree that you have to be more careful today about who is in your home...recently my friends sister was ripped off by her house cleaner for$12,000 2 carat twt stud earrings...but she was lucky and the police got them back but the other six homes she ripped off were not so lucky...thousands of dollars worth of jewelry,sterling,and cash lost to pawn shops to pay for her drug habit...
i never leave the house without securing all good jewelry and putting things like sterling flatware under lock and key...you learn after you have been robbered and mugged once.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You didn''t threadjack at all. We learnt a lot from you.

Remember my vintage Rolex? My dad kept it in a safe deposit box in plastic. Time for oiling?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 1:12:48 AM
Author: Harriet
You didn''t threadjack at all. We learnt a lot from you.

Remember my vintage Rolex? My dad kept it in a safe deposit box in plastic. Time for oiling?
I would suggest a look-see by a watch man....any luck on finding some one yet ?love that rolex of your!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! No luck, but then again I haven''t had time. There''s got to be someone around in this city.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results