shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler Lost my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If your hubs is cop, I''d totally get someone to come down to their store and make an in-shop complaint...These people need a fire lit underneath them and if they''re the only game in town, they dont need bad press. I''d also call the local BBB and make a complaint. I believe the BBB acts as a mediator in trying to resolve disputes between vendors and unhappy customers.

BTW, what size ring do you wear? I know I''ve seen rings like that on some sites I go to frequently...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say how sorry I am this happened and I hope it all gets resolved ASAP.

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
My mouth dropped open when I read your story. This is nearly EXACTLY what happened to my sister about three years ago. She dropped off her ring at the most respected jewerly store in the area. My parents had used this jeweler their entire lives and had bought the stone and the setting from them years earlier. When my sister returned to pick up her ring, the jeweler could not find the ring. They accused my sister of putting the ring back in her purse before she left the store on the day of drop off. They even inferred that they had video of her doing this. When we asked to see the tape, they backed off and said they would replace the stone and give her a new setting.

I will never forget this experience because not only was it extremely tramatic for my sister to be told the jeweler had lost her ring (it had been given to her by my mother right before she passed away), but to add insult to injury, the jeweler accused her of being dishonest and never really leaving the ring.

VERY long story short, the jeweler did replace the stone and gave my sister a new setting, but it took months and was extremely upsetting. In retrospect we should called our insurance company for advice. The ring was not insured, but I suspect the jeweler assumed that it was and that we would file a claim, leaving them without no responsibility for replacing it. I have never heard of this happening to anyone else until I read your story.

I am so very sorry that someone else has to go through this. Best of luck to you.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, that really stinks.
29.gif

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 12:52:56 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, I''m so sorry to hear that! The disappointment is so much worse when you''re a good jewelry owner and keep everything.

What were they doing with your band when they lost it?
They were taking turns playing as "Smeegle" from Lord of the Rings

Seriously though, that really, really sucks. I hope they find it, and if they cant that they pay completely to have one either (a)recreated to your specifications, or (b) search out at estate sales and auctions to find one that is acceptable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results