shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler in Canada comes to my Aid, after bad experience with Platinumsmith in Melb, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmelb

Shiny_Rock
Hi Neil,

Thank you for the nice comments. Sometime early or mid next year I will get Allan to make the wedding band. Just need to find where I can buy small Asscher stones for the channel set.

I was amazed how well he made and cut a replica of my diamond to the exact dimensions when he did my prototype as pictured above.

clairen

Rough_Rock
Very nice ring cmelb. Next time if my wife ever thinks of getting Platinum work done I will be seeing Allan. I like the idea of 96% Platinum & 4% Ruthinum that he is using, I''ve heard it really hard and resists scratches compared to other platinum also.

Happy to see its all coming together
35.gif

cmelb

Shiny_Rock
Hi Clairen,

I was surprised when Allan told me he will be using 96% Platinum & 4% Ruthinum, you wont find that here in Australia.

I''ve attached another picture showing how the Shoulders join to the Bezel that was done by Allan Creates in Canada www.ringlock.com

10/10
36.gif

cmelbmyring02.jpg

clairen

Rough_Rock
Looks great, no joins nice work.

Can I ask how long did it take allan to complete your ring, thinking of getting some asscher earrings done for my wife and surprising her for christmas.

Did you get your money back from phillip for the ring that he horribly made, sorry to bring it up just curious.

cmelb

Shiny_Rock
Hi clairen,

Before Allan starts any work he draws up sketches of your work before he commences anything and gets the dimensions of your diamond and any other information that he will require to complete your work.

After the sketch is drawn up he emails you the sketch to look over it, and give it the all clear before going ahead with the order.

During the construction phase Allan will also email you photos of your work at different stages, so you can see what stage he is at with your order. He is great at keeping you informed on your order which I liked and always friendly and always on top of things.

1.gif

My ring took approximately 2 weeks from start to finish.

(No refund from Phillip, tried to resolve this and get a refund from Platinumsmith "Phillip Schmidt" with no success).

clairen

Rough_Rock
Thanks cmelb. Sounds good, I like the idea of the sketch and pictures.

Did you pay any import tax or duty?

cmelb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 2:58:54 PM
Author: clairen

Hi Clairen,
Just have to pay the 10%GST.

cmelb

Shiny_Rock

Hi Garry,

When I purchased my Diamond from Whiteflash I only paid 10% GST and wasn''t required to pay 5% Duty as the diamond wasn''t set in a ring.

It''s only the ring that I''m getting imported and there''s no diamond set in the ring.

clairen

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 1:46:46 PM
Author: cmelb

Date: 7/24/2006 2:58:54 PM
Author: clairen

Hi Clairen,
Just have to pay the 10%GST.
Thanks cmelb. I will get in touch with allan in a month or two to get a set of earrings made. That should give me enough time to find a pair of nice asscher stones.

Northerner

Rough_Rock
I hope nobody minds me brining up this older thread... (I tried to start a fresh post on this topic, but havent had any luck getting responses.)

It looks like Allan Creates does nice work. cmelb, if you read this, can you post some pics of the finished ring?

Also, has anybody else had dealings with this jeweller? Any comments, positive or otherwise would be appreciated,

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 7:09:30 PM
Author: Northerner
It looks like Allan Creates does nice work. cmelb, if you read this, can you post some pics of the finished ring?

Not sure if you noticed but cmelb hasn''t posted since August last year. I think Platinumsmith melted him down.

You could ask Allan Creates for pictures of it, or to pass a message on to cmelb for you however.

Quash

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 5:53:48 AM
Author: stebbo
Date: 11/30/2007 7:09:30 PM
Author: Northerner
Not sure if you noticed but cmelb hasn''t posted since August last year. I think Platinumsmith melted him down.
You could ask Allan Creates for pictures of it, or to pass a message on to cmelb for you however.

I just read this thread and went to Allan Creates site, as I''m Canadian and was curious to see his work. I came across this page that Allan created, which shows cmelb''s completed ring, pictures of it being created and links to Pricescope threads.

http://www.ringlock.com/custompics.htm

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I thank you for finding this older thread. Being Canadian, I contacted Alan yesterday, and he sent me two sketches of rings he thought I might like based on some pics I sent him. VERY nice ideas....I am waiting for quotes, and maybe I will have my diamond reset, closer to home afterall! It may be a unique, one of a kind that incorporates a few aspects from a few different rings I have admired. He responded VERY quickly, and seems very professional, will keep you posted!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
It does look like a wonderful professional finish, which is a good ending to the story. Although to my untrained eyes the setting looks quite subtle for such a whirl wind of an international effort that went into its making!!! Well, as they say, you can never judge a book.....

Also, it seems to me that the original poster ordered a backup, or two of these settings??? Thats dedication for sure to this particular design!!!!

Northerner

Rough_Rock

I appreciate the suggestion of going straight to Allan to see the finished pics, but to be honest i was hoping to do a little more research before I contacted him,

Why? Well, I couldnt help but wonder how this all turned out, as the thread was never really finished, and the final pics were never posted. I wanted to make sure that he was reliable to deal with, and that he was still active as a jeweller,

Quash, thanks for the link to the section of Allan''s site that shows the finished ring. I missed that, it must be new. Good to see the final pics, it looks like the ring turned out very nice.

beau13, glad to hear he is still active. Please keep us updated on the progress of your ring,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results