shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewel Jet Home steamer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinv

Rough_Rock
We all know that home cleaning is never as good as having your diamond clean the hot STEAMED at the jeweller. That high pressure steamer make diamond sparkle like the way you got it in the mail. To me dip it in a cleaning solution and then wipe clean is not enough. Loupe it and you know what I mean.

I saw this unit at the malll on the weekend http://www.jeweljet.com/. Have anyone own one?

img_mid.jpg

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t own THAT one, but I own the Salton Jewelry Spa which has a steamer much like that one. It does a decent job...in fact my mom came over tonight with her tennis bracelet...I put it under the steamer and you couldn''t believe the amount of dirt and grime that came out of it!
40.gif
She told me her jeweler cleaned it a month ago!!!!!
23.gif
I can''t see how, but anyway....

These home steamers do a pretty decent job inbetween jeweler cleanings....

tinv

Rough_Rock
I put it in a cleaning solution daily so there is no dirt build up. I want a steamer just for jeweller shinny spotless clean look (no film, no spots)

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My mom also uses the solution/toothbrush method on her bracelet (or so she says), but the steam blasts and the heat definitely loosens more dirt than the cleaning solution can!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve got one too. Love it.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have this steamer also, and I use it in combination with my ultrasonic cleaner. Between the two of them, I''ll never have to go to the jewelry store to get my rings cleaned!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I have one and love it! I also have the Salton jewelry spa, and I love that as well, but I ran out of the cleaning powder and need to order more of it. So lately I''ve just been cleaning my ring with a generic cleaning solution and then following up with a steaming by the Jewel Jet. I highly recommend it. The steam puffs are more powerful than the Salton. Also, it''s a nice compact size and very cute! I don''t have to hide it away when I''m done with it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one but I was curious so I clicked on the link. In the video they show the woman throwing out her SI ultrasonic!
32.gif
I just thought that was SO funny!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Can I get one of these at a store somewhere, in the USA? I''m going cross border shopping next week for a couple of days.. Can I find this at Target? wWalgreens? Suggestions??? I''m crossing over into Bellingham or Seattle (West Coast) TIA

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I want one. I wonder if they sell them at the mall??

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 1:07:18 PM
Author: kaleigh
Now I want one. I wonder if they sell them at the mall??
kaleigh, tinv said she saw it in a mall... I wonder where and which one. I''m thinking they''re being sold at the little stand alone kiosks in the mall.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink sells them for 99.95

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2006 3:38:16 PM
Author: cflutist
Wink sells them for 99.95
yep,that''s where i got mine.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I got mine on eBay for less, but I had to play the auction game for a week. For me, that''s part of the fun so I don''t mind, but if you are in a hurry, Wink''s price is a good one.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine on eBay as well. I purchased it at the "Buy It Now" price @ $69.95 US. I can''t wait until I get my hands on it.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine from their website for $99 and I''m sorry I didn''t shop around for a better price. All that aside, it works wonderfully! I soak my rings in solution of Simple Green and amonia mixed with water, then put in ultrasonic for about a minute or two, rinse, then finish off with the Jet Jewel. I''ve never seen my rings look so good! I''ve been able to maintain that "brand new ring" sparkle and shine. I really love the Jet Jewel, it definitely is the finishing touch needed to get that last bit of hidden sparkle to show itself! It was definitely worth it! I can''t imagine my rings could look any better!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link cflutist. I ordered one from Wink. Can''t wait to get it!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 12:36:17 PM
Kaleigh,

You''re welcome.

I would be curious as to how you would compare it to your Crest UC and your SI UC.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh
congrats... for getting all these fun toys.
9.gif
36.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine today!! Woohoo! I''m cleaning every jewelry pieces I have.. although I don''t have many. Thumbs up for the Jewel Jet. And I also got my Presidium Multi tester. Checking every ''diamond'' making sure I''ve got the real thing.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 7:02:31 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Kaleigh
congrats... for getting all these fun toys.
9.gif
36.gif
Haven''t gotten mine yet. But am looking forward to it
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 2:36:23 PM

Thanks for the link cflutist. I ordered one from Wink. Can't wait to get it!!!
Kaleigh,

You're welcome.

I would be curious as to how you would compare it to your Crest UC and your SI UC.

Please let us know.

Thanks.
Ok just used it and perhaps I am spoiled from the days where I managed the diamond department for a high end jewelry store and got to use a professional steamer any time I wanted to clean my rings. The Jewel jet was ok, but the Crest Ultra Sonic IMHO is far superior. Don't get me wrong, this does a good job but I was spoiled by the real deal.
2.gif
I have to say that it does blast a good amount of steam, and was very easy to use.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2006 8:51:35 PM

Date: 2/21/2006 2:36:23 PM

Kaleigh,

You''re welcome.

Please let us know.

Thanks.
Ok just used it and perhaps I am spoiled from the days where I managed the diamond department for a high end jewelry store and got to use a professional steamer any time I wanted to clean my rings. The Jewel jet was ok, but the Crest Ultra Sonic IMHO is far superior. Don''t get me wrong, this does a good job but I was spoiled by the real deal.
2.gif
I have to say that it does blast a good amount of steam, and was very easy to use.
Kaleigh
now, for your next upgrade....a $1200 steamer.
31.gif
i use the jewel jet for a quick clean (hot steam in 3 mins) i agree...a heated US is the way to go but,it takes longer to heat up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF my Crest heats up very quickly. I turn it on before I shower and voila it''s ready to go. That was the best investment ever. But as far as the jewel jet, maybe I''m not the best judge as I''m used to the big guns, hehe.
31.gif

gracie007

Rough_Rock
well, i actually went and looked at diamonds at the place where this thing was created in Dallas! The girl cleaned my ring with it and it was AWESOME!!! she then showed me the infomercial..and everything..I can''t wait to get one, but alas, I guess I need a diamond first :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2006 9:35:55 PM
DF my Crest heats up very quickly. I turn it on before I shower and voila it''s ready to go. That was the best investment ever. But as far as the jewel jet, maybe I''m not the best judge as I''m used to the big guns, hehe.
31.gif
kaleigh
my GemOro takes about 20 mins
7.gif
how long does the Crest take?

the jewelry store i usually go to; cleans the rings with a heated US follow by a steam clean.

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
I think your going to get a clean ring with either unit depending on how dirty the ring is to start. The jewel jet is a great little steam machine for home use. It takes 3 minutes and you have good amount of steam to do a few rings before letting the unit charge up again.

On the ultrasonics they work great also but take more time to clean. Even the units out there for home use work well. Once you add the heat and a larger unit with more power you get quicker results. If you need the best then you might consider buying an ultrasonic cleaner with the heat and timer options.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have the Sharper Image ultrasonic and the Jewel Jet home steamer. I got the US from eBay and the steamer from Brian Knox. I like it (the steamer) a lot, and used in conjunction with the US, my diamonds really do just seem to *glow*!

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 6:51:05 PM
Author: Lynn B
I have the Sharper Image ultrasonic and the Jewel Jet home steamer. I got the US from eBay and the steamer from Brian Knox. I like it (the steamer) a lot, and used in conjunction with the US, my diamonds really do just seem to *glow*!
It''s nice to have both units but you could get away with the Jewel jet and in 3 minutes you have steam and a clean ring.
35.gif

jewel_jet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results